Lancome Le Curler

Lancome Le Curler 22

I trust my lashes to Shu. Don’t get wrong I have a ton of lash curlers I love like my Chanel and my Koji but I always go back to Shu. It’s just my favorite lash curler.

Put do you think Lancome Le Curler might change my mind?

The new Lancome Le Curler promises an all around gentle lash curling experience with a specially designed no slip grip and a unique silicone pad to guard against breakage while cushioning lashes.

I like how Lancome is damn up front and honest about the fact that it contains two pads only without an option to purchase a refill. They say for maximum precision and to avoid damage to the eyes you should replace the curler after the pads are used. You get two refills I believe and they suggest changing every three months which means within a six month period I have to spend $23 for another curler….mmmm….guys, that’s not great marketing.

It is a bit more costly than by Shu Curler by three bucks…

I’ll try anything once though.

Perhaps Le Curler is even BETTER than Shu…

Lancome Le Curler 1

It’s available during a Flash Sale for the next 48 Hours at www.lancome-usa.com

Whatcha think?

• 4/19/12 15:13 Cj:

I have only ever used shu’s curler. I haven’t bought or tried any other eyelash curler lol. When I first got into makeup everyone said shu’s is the best so I just went with it

• 4/19/12 15:17 the Muse:

great choice and honestly it’s all you need. it works and that’s about it ;-D

• 4/19/12 15:32 Tammie:

I use Shiseido’s because I heard it’s very good. I love it and I can’t see why I would spend another $20+ on another one haha :).

• 4/19/12 16:49 Suzie:

I love the Dior heated lash curler. The others pinch-Shu, Tarte, and Sheisedo.

• 4/19/12 16:57 D-tan:

I used to swear my lashes to Shu like most people, but surprisingly I have found the NYX eyelash curler to be perfect for my pin-straight Asian lashes! It’s only about $5-7 too so I have been definitely saving tons of money thanks to switching :D

This is interesting though! Although I’d have to go see it in person at a counter before deciding if I want to switch or not.

• 4/19/12 22:36 the Muse:

hmmmmmmmm one I haven’t tried d-tan! *adds to the list*

• 4/19/12 17:16 Ruth:

eyelash curlers scare the bejezus outta me! they look like a torture device in a horror movie to keep you awake for days and days. eventually, with so little sleep, it would drive you insane and you wouldn’t know if you were awake or asleep.

• 4/19/12 18:21 Michelle:

***gets up on soapbox*** You bet it’s not great marketing! :( In fact, if I may be so bold, it’s one of the silliest beauty marketing claims I’ve ever heard in the beauty industry. Replace your eyelash curler every 3 months? Come on! My mom had her trusty old Maybelline curler from the 70’s for years and she always got great results with it, plus her eyes never got “damaged” from it as far as I know (naturally, she always replaced the pads!) I’m sorry Muse, but I think this claim is nonsense. Thanks for listening to me rant.

• 4/20/12 15:23 the Muse:

lmao michelle! I can sorta kinda understand replacing me every year as I imagine it gets loose over time and I’ve heard of them breaking as you squeeze causing crazy damage to the eye not shu’s obviously but curlers in general but NOT every three months! HAHA!

• 4/21/12 3:59 Angel:

Word!

• 4/19/12 21:12 Stellar:

The only one I have liked so far was Koji, though mine came in a different packaging. I have really slanted mono/hooded eyes so this one really fit my eye shape :D Pretty cheap as well so I will pass. Though I do wanna try Shiseido and the famous Shu Uemura.

• 4/20/12 11:08 Linda:

Shu and LANcome are owned by same company so maybe they shared some secrets

• 4/20/12 11:10 the Muse:

mm I didn’t realize lancome was own my L’oreal group ha learn something new everyday!

• 4/20/12 12:39 Linda:

Per my MA that use to be with Shu they also own Armani and YSl too

• 4/20/12 12:39 the Muse:

YSL I knew and shu but didn’t know lancome ;-D

• 4/20/12 14:08 Jennie:

My eyelashes are naturally curly (and pretty big) so I don’t really see the use of spending so much money on a curler. I have a $1 one for e.l.f. and barely use it. I think this is more necessary for those who use false eyelashes. But it’s still nice. I love Lancome but I can’t justify paying so much for this.

• 4/20/12 15:20 Angel:

I remember watching a Shu makeup artist on the Q last year. While he presented the curler, he went on and on about how you should replace your curler every three months! WTF, are you kidding me!?!? Beside the fact that the Shu doesn’t work for me at all because of my eye shape, I was seriously turned off by the whole sales pitch. I use Tarte’s curler and my tried and true Revlon, which I’ve been using on and off since high school. For the price, you can’t beat it.

• 4/20/12 15:22 the Muse:

girl how you watching Shu on the Q last year, man died in 2007! hehehehehe! ps y u make us so broke Su? we can’t afford new curler every three months damn it!

• 4/21/12 3:58 Angel:

LOL not the real SHU, just a makeup artist cronie pushing the goods!

• 4/24/12 15:42 the Muse: