Origins A Perfect World BB Cream

Origins A Perfect World BB Cream

So wait…

Is it a tinted moisturizer or is it a BB Cream?

Origins A Perfect World throws around BB Cream and tinted moisturizer very loosely with this new product launch so obviously they don’t know the difference between the two products….

Hmm tsk tsk!

Labeled as Origins A Perfect World Age-Defense Tinted Moisturizer with White Tea and proceeding to slap “BB” on the label doesn’t make it a BB Cream, Origins.

You’re confusing us.

Available in six shades and dubbed “Nature’s BB Cream” with a hint of tint definitely confuddles things. You have to be really careful with Western releases and how they dub BB Creams, just because you say it’s one, doesn’t mean it’s one.

With a formula that contains age-fighting ingredients this has moisturizing tint that gives a flawless finish according to Origins. An SPF 15 finishes things off and the promise of eight hours of wear.

I’m a little skeptical of this one.

Perhaps we should just stick to tinted moisturizer rather than loosely tossing around BB Cream.

Available now from Origins.

I’ll have to haul one and tell you what I think.

Thoughts?

Share ‘em!

• 4/16/12 11:12 Cj:

Uh oh. The poor product has multiple personality disorder lol.

I’m looking forward to this. Im thinking it’s gonna have some decent coverage because there’s so many shades, usurally it’s just 1 or 2 but 6?? Has to something going on there.

• 4/16/12 11:19 the Muse:

amen lol! what in the world? bb, tinted moisturizer…wth? yeah but with the variety of shades they should just leave it at tinted moisturizer forget putting bb cream in there ;-D

• 9/10/12 1:09 maria:

this comment disturbs me slightly. I’ve been looking up BB creams and reading reviews (including yours) because I was curious and wanted to try them but the more and more I read the more it seems like these products are strictly for white and light women. And the Korean originals, that so many people claim are superior to these stateside creams, are full of skin lightening and whitening properties. What is going on? Are REAL bb creams only glorified skin bleaching creams? Because that is horrific and disgusting. How are so many people so ok with this? I know in many asian countries there’s this “the whiter the better”, “brown skin is gross, fix it” mentality, so what’s wrong with trying to do away with that here and offering these in a variety of shades so that more than just one type of person can use them? why does the variety of shades not make them fit to be called bb? :(

• 4/16/12 11:19 Jessica Allison:

It really seems like western brands have totally missed the mark with BBs, and yes, seem to just be rebranding tinted moisturizers. What a disappointment!

• 4/16/12 11:22 the Muse:

they fling the term around as a complete marketing tool and it stinks :-/

• 4/16/12 11:32 Christy:

agreed. I was super excited to see that some of the brands I recognize are doing BB creams but they’re just tinted moisturizer, and bad ones at that. I just tried the Garnier one and its terrible. It goes on really nicely but you can feel it on your skin hours later and it kind of dries out some like a masque (doesn’t make your face tight though). Lucky I just used a sample and didn’t waste my money on it. Muse have you given any good reviews to any american BB creams or do they all kind of suck?

• 4/16/12 12:13 the Muse:

agreed on the garnier christy, I reviewed it and gave it a poor review :-/ terrible stuff. I gave clinique a good review as well as a few others but I also mention many of the negative aspects of them one being the lack of pigment in almost every single one. :( You can see them under BB Cream Reviews

• 4/16/12 11:48 kristen:

I was very confused as well! If you on their website and type in “bb” nothing even comes up. How does that make sense? I ordered it online yesterday so I have not tried it yet. I read your “What is BB Cream” post & it was very helpful thank you!

• 4/16/12 12:08 the Muse:

hi kristen, very confusing especially with the description that readers “BB Cream” also the bottle does not say bb cream simply “BB”…this drives me NUTS! I’m glad you found it helpful :) let me know how this is when you tried it, curious minds! Seems like just a tm though not a bb cream!

• 4/18/12 18:02 kristen:

Hi- Well I just tried & reviewed the product….let’s just say that the bottle didn’t even have the letters BB on it!!! Total false advertising! I’m returning it asap.

• 4/16/12 12:10 Amy Amethyst:

Muse, what’s your fave BB cream? Or your recommendation for the best one for oily skin. I’m sure you’ve written a blog about it but I’m too scatter-brained this morning to dig through the archives! Haha

• 4/16/12 12:18 the Muse:

not sure on oily skin amy. my fav changes constantly but i really love skin 79 the oriental and brtc jasmine water bb cream they are two I come back to time and time again

• 4/16/12 12:40 Cj:

Oh hey have you gotten around to trying the orange skin79 bb cream yet?

• 4/16/12 12:41 the Muse:

not yet still in my review pile *head desk* so behind ;-D

• 4/16/12 14:31 Candy:

I have, and I love it!

• 4/16/12 12:12 Becky:

I totally caught that in their email! ‘Our new BB cream that’s a tinted moisturizer!’. Huh???? I will pass on theirs.

• 4/16/12 12:17 the Muse:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhheehhh? confusing

• 4/16/12 12:39 Tammie:

Haha I saw that at the mall this weekend and thought of you (due to your reviews of western BB creams and how they are glorified tinted moisturizers).

Not sure where they got the BB cream bit, but at least they are being honest calling it a tinted moisturizer so you don’t get your hopes up lol

• 4/16/12 12:41 the Muse:

they confused me..nature’s bb cream, tinted moisturizer, beauty balm, bb…so many words my head is spinning ;D

• 4/16/12 12:48 Tammie:

Maybe that’s what they are trying to do haha. They don’t know what it is either, so they are calling it everything.

• 4/16/12 12:50 the Muse:

screw it! it’s like an everything bagel! ;D

• 4/16/12 13:01 Tammie:

Yep exactly lol.

Although it would probably turn out to be an everything bagel missing thing onions or poppy seeds lol

• 4/16/12 13:03 the Muse:

damn them! I want onions!

• 4/16/12 13:05 Tammie:

*the onions

• 4/16/12 22:20 nwhite1275:

I love there face stuff but I can’t wear there vit zag it’s way to oily on me and this I wonder if it’s going to be the same , can’t to see what you have to say about it

• 4/16/12 22:42 Grace:

Warning: Mini- rant below

This is totally a glorified tinted moisturizer, looks like they totally missed the mark here. I seriously wish Western companies would take a hint that BB Creams are NOT tinted moisturizers with added SPF. Sigh* Yet another disappointment…I think they can all learn from the Marcelle BB Cream, the only Western BB Cream which understands what a BB Cream actually is, imo.

I wish these companies would model their “BB Creams” after the standard Asian ones such as Skin79′s line of BBs, or even Missha or Hanskin. Modelling them after their usual tinted moisturizers just doesn’t make sense to me :(

• 4/18/12 18:13 Tammie:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they ARE just rebranding their tinted moisturizers as BB creams to sell more to Westerners who don’t know any better…basically taking us for fools…rather than putting the time/effort/money into developing a real BB cream…

• 4/19/12 16:48 blu3java:

what these brands are doing really annoys me; close to me off too. they’re giving bb creams a bad name and u know the only reason they’re slapping the BB label on their TM’s is because they know BB creams are gaining popularity and they want to make a profit without actually putting in the work to create a real BB cream. so sad.. *shakes head* thank god most of us consumers are smart enough to research and find out what real BB creams are.

• 4/20/12 16:08 ruthless:

Marcelle (canadian brand) has released a really good “western” BB cream. It’s not a tinted moisturiser disguised as something else. Will it stand up to the Asian brands? Don’t know but if you can get one.

• 4/20/12 16:32 blu3java:

hey ruthless, i’ve heard of that one but havent really looked into it yet. perhaps i should’ve been more specific in my above comment. it wasn’t meant for all “western” brands, just those who are trying to pass off their tinted moisturizers as bb creams, i.e. maybelline, origins now, sadly, and others. i’m actually happy western brands are finally bringing bb creams into the market (the real ones at least). it would save me a whole lot of trouble of getting mine from korea and looking for swatches of them on korean blogs. lol

i just wish they brands would put more effort into it instead of trying to launch something mediocre or not even close to a real bb cream because they’re afraid they might miss this wave and lose their chance to make some money. i’ll stop rambling now. lol :-D

• 5/9/12 22:38 Taylor:

Good points. The US cosmetics brands are throwing the BB creams turn around rather loosely. Anyone who has tried a true BB cream would understand this. I get super excited when a new one comes out is the US from a brand I love then after reading its uses and trying them out I’m just so disappointed. Again here is one from Origins’s, I won’t hype myself up this time.
    Thanks for sharing!

• 5/10/12 10:29 the Muse:

my pleasure Taylor and agreed on all accounts :-/

• 5/11/12 23:38 Amy:

This one was disappointing. It looked ok when I first put it on but by the end of the day, I was veering into oompa loompa territory. What’s your favorite western bb cream so far, Muse?

• 5/15/12 10:24 the Muse:

clinique did a nice job amy. :)

• 7/6/12 23:19 Yvonne:

I just noticed on another blog that the photos of the Origins product just has a sticker with ‘BB’ stuck to both the box and the tube (not printed on like the stock photo above). Looks like it probably started off as a tinted moisturiser at product inception, then some marketing person probably had the brainwave of cashing in on the BB craze before the product launch and they quickly printed off some ‘BB’ stickers to slap on the product.

This probably explains the product’s identity crisis.

• 10/5/12 9:57 Nanda:

Have you tried the Olay CC Cream? I saw it in stores and it looks like it’s just the same as the Total Effects Tone Correcting – with a CC Cream sticker on the box!! I asked Olay on Facebook what the difference was, and they just said Total Effects Tone Correcting products ARE CC creams. Is it just marketing? The same product with a sticker?

• 10/5/12 10:02 the Muse:

sounds like the same product with a different stickers just to cash in on “CC Cream”…I imagine we’ll see a lot of this come Spring. Covergirl calls their tinted moisturizer a BB Cream now. Ridiculous.

• 10/9/12 15:59 Mermaid:

Did you get around to trying this yet? I’ve been waiting anxiously for your impressions and review!

• 10/9/12 16:03 the Muse:

i haven’t mermaid sorry hun!

• 10/9/12 21:02 Mermaid:

It’s ok…thanks for the quick reply! :)

• 10/10/12 9:18 the Muse: