Simply Vera Wang Vera Wang Cosmetics at Kohl’s

Simply Vera Wang Cosmetics Spring 2012

Target is legendary for working with high end designers to create limited edition, one off collections that do successfully well in an economy out for the next best deal. Kohl’s gets in on that action with the recent introduction of the Simply Vera Collection. The collection featured an array of couture pieces as well as matching accessories including handbags.

Bringing things to the next level the Simply Vera Wang Cosmetics Collection has launched this Spring at the budget friendly department store.

Will you be indulging?

Simply Vera Vera Wang Cosmetics Skin Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer $39.50

Simply Vera Wang Cosmetics 4

Simply Vera Vera Wang Cosmetics Illuminating Powder Blush $19.50

Simply Vera Wang Cosmetics 2

Simply Vera Vera Wang Cosmetics Smoothing Lipcolor $18.50

Simply Vera Wang Cosmetics 3

Simply Vera Vera Wang Cosmetics Transforming Eyeshadow Duo $19.50

Simply Vera Wang Cosmetics 1

With prices ranging from $18-$40 dollars this isn’t exactly as budget friendly as you’d think. Estee Lauder has dabbled with the Kohl’s Flirt range of cosmetics before so I do wonder if the Simply Vera Wang Cosmetic Collection is also something that Estee Lauder has created.

At this price range I am expecting some super quality makeup for my dollar but….it does look a little uneventful!

You can shop the entire collection now at your local Kohl’s or online at www.kohls.com

• 4/30/12 17:52 Jennifer:

The packaging is too boring for me lol

• 4/30/12 17:53 Cait:

I’ve swatched some of the Vera collection, and it’s really unimpressed. I mean, Kohl’s does offer many coupons, but I don’t know if I’d even take advantage with those. The blushes and eyeshadows were very lackluster in pigmentation and were very hard to the touch. Very dull color selection…overall a bust to me. WAY overpriced.

• 5/1/12 10:11 the Muse:

sounds like what I suspected cait :(

• 4/30/12 18:28 Linda:

Checked this out yesterday. Everything looked really nice and wearable. I ended up with Es duo in 407. One side is a light golden color and the other a duochrome greenish color. Will be testing out this week. Going to go back later this week with kohls cash to try a lipstick.

• 4/30/12 18:33 Jane:

Already have, but only on a blush. It’s all fairly lackluster, and the prices for some pieces are waaay out of line with most of the price points (40 for the TM? Seriously?). I was not impressed with the colors – the eye shadow colors struck me as very weird, and many of the lips unflattering on my very pale skin and very dark hair self.

Elle Cosmetics slightly more promising, and I feel like there was a third new line?

• 4/30/12 18:45 Haley:

The tinted moisturizer has great packaging, everything else is meh :(

• 4/30/12 19:48 Jenna Benny:

Love the lip gloss. I bought 2 already.

• 5/1/12 0:12 Kathleen:

Surprised by the prices, since Kohl’s always advertises “deals.” I’m kind of disappointed.

• 5/1/12 0:43 Quinctia:

Well, if they deem the line worthy of sending out press samples so somebody can put up some swatches for me, the stuff performs well, AND there are shades that interest me, I might check it out.

That’s a lot of ifs, though!

• 5/1/12 8:35 Prairie Peg:

It is totally ‘uneventful’! I saw this last week at a visit to the store and didn’t buy a thing. Nothing at all tripped my trigger.

• 5/1/12 9:16 the Muse:

mmm I thought as much peg!

• 5/1/12 9:32 Kim:

I was planning on checking out this line and the new Elle cosmetics line the next time I go to Kohl’s; however, neither looks too exciting. Has anyone tried the Elle makeup yet? Thanks.

• 5/6/12 13:32 Krikin:

Haven’t tried Elle yet but it looks good too. I have tried a lot of the Vera Wang line and I love it – mostly because it gives great coverage with a very natural look. I am skeptical about most makeup but the only negative thing I can say is that I wish the illuminating powder came with some sort of a brush because I can never find my brush when I need it.

• 5/1/12 15:17 Lex:

Wow… if I were going to spend that much on makeup, I don’t think I’d do so at Kohl’s. Pricey!

• 5/6/12 13:29 Krikin:

I love the Vera Wang’s products. It is definitely a “natural” look line, but that’s exactly what I am looking for. I love her illuminating powder which doesn’t settle in the wrinkles and gives my makeup a great finished look. If you are looking for brights colors then this probably isn’t the line for you. I also use the skin primer which is awesome and keeps my makeup in place until I take it off. I have two eye pencils and I love how they don’e smudge and stay on all day.

• 6/6/12 1:21 Lindsay:

I love Vera Wang, and was wanting a peach blush for the summer. I ended up buying the shade 311 since it looked like such a nice peach-pink-gold. At first I regreted buying it because it wouldn’t go on smoothly and I thought it was too light. I recently tried this blush again and layered it on (not too thickly but more than I would with other blushes) and contoured my cheeks with bronzer (since this blush makes my face look flat on its own). But the blush and bronzer combination is very nice; I always get compliments when I wear it…which is nice because I’m on a budget. If a blush costs that much, I expect to find a way to wear it. xD

• 6/6/12 1:23 Lindsay:

Oh, and it also stays on all day. There are some days when I’m up or out for 15 hours and it’s still on, the same color it was when I put it on. :O

• 7/14/12 14:18 Joan Andruszkewicz:

Thinking of going to check out the blushes. On Kohl’s website, the blush shades look very pretty.