Would You Buy It? Sisley Confort Creme Lip Balm

Sisley Confort Creme Lip Balm

If I’m going to spend $72 on a lip balm I’d appreciate it if you spelled comfort right….

Only kiddin’!

Sisley Confort Creme Lip Balm promises to treat cracked, dry, chapped lips in a jiffy but the price….

That’s debatable.

Would you buy it?

This is a soothing emollient formula with protective lipids that provide lips with moisture and protection.

It’ll relieve dryness as well as rehydrate and plump lips while rearing and restoring lipid levels with a combination of oils (hazelnut, plum kernel, sunflower), shea butter and kokum butter.

Are you willing to indulge at $72 a pot?

• 4/18/12 10:43 Lolly:

I’ve tried it. Don’t buy it :D it’s just a regular lip balm, nothing special, you have to pay for the name not for the product. I think that the Carmex is way better :D

• 4/18/12 10:45 the Muse:

omg you slayed me lol! I thought for $72 it would do something SUPER special.

• 4/18/12 10:45 Cj:

Jeez for $72 it better give you Angelina Jolie’s lips… That or make everything you kiss turn into gold… Or diamonds I’m not picky.

• 4/18/12 10:48 the Muse:

or prince freaking charming lol!

• 4/18/12 10:49 Lolly:

for me a regular cheap lip balm is better… it’s not bad, but nothing special

• 4/18/12 10:52 the Muse:

72 bucks hurts me feelings ;D

• 4/18/12 10:52 Mallory:

*is happy with cherry chapstick*

• 4/18/12 10:52 JoElla:

72 simoleons?!

Um no.

• 4/18/12 11:13 Ruth:

only if it cleaned the litter boxes, weeded the garden, and scrubbed the bathroom would i consider purchasing a $72 lip balm.

• 4/18/12 11:14 Sara elisabeth:

I wouldn’t buy this in a million years! $22 for sugar lip lip balm is my splurge.

• 4/18/12 11:16 Naomi:

No way I would pay that much for a lip balm. I do like the packaging, though.

• 4/18/12 11:42 Jeanne:

I cringed at paying $32 for a Chanel Rouge Allure Laque so I couldn’t imagine parting with more than double that just for a lip balm!

• 4/18/12 11:51 Mayra:

If I purchased a $72 lip balm, I wouldn’t want to touch it, it would remain stashed away, looking new and pretty…

• 4/18/12 12:49 Margaret:

Nope! :-)

• 4/18/12 13:40 Deb:

This company is on drugs….$72 for lip balm in this economy? I can’t stop chuckling.

• 4/18/12 16:00 nicolle:

I have always been intrigued by this and tried it twice at the counter and the other time getting a facial using Sisley skincare products. I was not overly impressed. It felt like Vaseline to be honest. I love and use skincare from Sisley but gladly passed on this!!

• 4/18/12 17:03 Midwest Maven:

$72 dollars! Really?? Aw hell no I won’t buy it! This company needs a reality check!!

• 4/18/12 18:19 Quinctia:

But that’s like nine tubes of Jack Black… No thanks!

• 4/18/12 18:49 Barbara:

These are the ingredients (I got them from a blogger review)

Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate / Hexastearate / Hexarosinate, Butyrospernum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Beeswax / Cire D’Abeille (Cera Alba), Garcina Indica Seed Butter, Triisostearin PEG-6 Esters, Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Prunus Domestica Seed Extract, Propylparaben, Hydrogenated Soybean (Glycine Soja) Oil, Tocopherol, BHT.

Yeah, sooooo not worth that ridiculous price tag for 9g. A lot of natural or organic lip balms have ingredients similar to this (minus the fillers).

• 4/22/12 6:34 cncx:

I am able to get it for around 40 dollars with a combination of coupons and sales- I get one a year during my store’s annual sale. I would never pay full price, but I wouldn’t kick a free one out of bed.

It has a lot of fillers, like CDLM it isn’t really anything special in itself. But it does work well and heal cracked lips. I really like it in the winter or when my lips just need some extra tlc. It stays on all night and is kind of sticky. It reminds me a lot of the CO Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm as far as healing and texture.

• 4/22/12 23:54 Tiffany Martin:

I can see $72 for skincare but lip balm? Korres is good enough at 1/7 of the price.

• 4/23/12 9:57 Dev:

I’ve been using this lip balm for more than 3 years, and I got to say that this lip balm definitely moisturized my lips and plumped it. Though there are many drugstores-brand lip balm that would make a good lip balm such as Sisley, many dried my lips at the end of the day, unlike Sisley’s.

This one is a keep for me, for its long lasting power and “non-oily” feeling. a HG product for me :D despite its expensive price tag.

Sisley however has long been a trusted brand for my mother. My mother has been using Sisley’s skincare regime for more than 10 years (alternate between Lancome or Sisley). My mother is going to be 50 on 2012, and boy, her skin is amazing!!! She never wore any makeup as there’s no need for her to cover those amazing skin.

IMO, Sisley’s brand would make a good investment for your beauty despite its price. But I’m pretty sure there’s a lot of other cheaper-brands that would work for your skin :)

p.s: Sorry for my terrible english, as I don’t speak english regularly and rarely write in english.

• 5/30/12 2:30 Emily: