Maybelline Color Sensational The Porcelains Summer 2012

Maybelline Color Sensational The Porcelains Summer 2012 001

Maybelline Color Sensational releasing a limited edition cream formula collection in The Porcelains ($4.69) for Summer 2012.

Take a look!

This is a range of six limited edition shades that Maybelline has budded the Porcelains. The formula is a cream lipstick. Looking at the swatches on the display I thought some shades looked MLBB (my lips but better) but taking a sneak peek inside and they were all very mod and nude and it even included a cream lilac shade if you love such colors….! Def not for me as I can’t pull off corpse-like lips.

Maybelline Color Sensational The Porcelains Summer 2012 002

Maybelline Color Sensational The Porcelains Summer 2012 005

Maybelline Color Sensational The Porcelains Summer 2012 004

Maybelline Color Sensational The Porcelains Summer 2012 003

I did pick one shade up which was lovely and a very MLBB pink and that was Afternoon Tea. I’ll be reviewing it soon.

The display also had some quads but I’m unsure if these are old or new shades, they didn’t look familiar to me!

Anyone see this collection?

Did you feel it was too difficult to pull off?

Or are these YOUR shades?

Do share!

I saw them at Harmons.

• 5/21/12 19:49 Smirking Valet:

Call me crazy, Muse, but I feel like these would’ve made a great Spring release, don’t you think?

• 5/22/12 9:49 the Muse:

yes, a little smirking! :-D def not really summer-y!

• 5/21/12 20:15 Eve:

Ooh these are exactly my shades! I may need to go peek!

• 5/21/12 20:20 Charlotte:

Been looking… really want to see the quads in person, the second and fourth from the left look promising… but so far cannot find them anywhere. I do not wear regular lipstick, but they did come out with five new shades of my HG 24hr lipcolor, unfortunately most were too cool toned for me. I adore the tangerine color though, have worn it three days this week. I have not seen any mention of the display anywhere- I have seen two versions: one with only the 24hr lipcolor, and another with all three of their longwear formulas.

• 5/21/12 22:33 Southern Gorgeous:

These look so pretty but unfortunately such shades make me look like death warmed over!

• 5/22/12 9:48 the Muse:

ditto southern gorgeous!

• 5/21/12 23:08 Jess:

Oh God I keep cruising Wegmans to try and find these. I am ALWAYS looking for pale nude/beiges…I need this. D:

• 5/22/12 0:14 Virginia:

The quads are new, but they’re limited edition. I also wanted afternoon tea, however when I went back to get it (the next day) they were all gone :/

• 5/22/12 1:32 Kristanna:

I got one of the lightest pinks, and decided to return it. It emphasized all the wrong things on my lips so its going back. I do see these as a Mac Angel dupe tho….

• 5/22/12 1:54 Shamim:

i really like the look of creamy lipsticks but they tend to be super drying especially on my flaky lips lol.
    Plus pale cream colours don’t go too well with tan skin. Hopefully I can check these out in person and swatch!

• 5/22/12 9:47 the Muse:

yeah same here shamim no matter how moist lips are they still look dry as hell!

• 5/22/12 8:28 K.B.:

I’d like to check out the brown quad that’s the second from the left (and maybe the first one on the left – is that a taupe quad? If it is, I will definitely be picking that one up), as well as the 865 and 870 lipsticks. When I go to NYC in a few weeks, I am so checking out the drugstores up there for these collections. I hate waiting for almost a month for products to make their way to my town. lol

• 5/22/12 9:21 Christina:

I got Afternoon Tea the other day – very pretty MLBB shade!

• 5/22/12 9:35 the Muse:

that’s the one I got christina! agreed ;-D very pretty mlbb!

• 5/22/12 15:50 Majick:

Love the shades, love the look, I can wear some pales but only with heavy duty smokey eyes. That said, this “look” screams WINTER to me.
    Maybe the Porcelains are the first in a series? YOu know, start with the fairest of the fair and create a look just for them. The next in the lineup will be the LIGHTS, then the … is there a better name than the Mediums? or maybe the mediums get the fortune teller theme in October?
    ok, I”m seriously warped. LOL But I think these shades are pretty nice.
    NOTE: To make application a little smoother with this type of lippie try using a non-color lip plumper first. It fills in the little lines a little and the color will go on more smoothly.
    POP BEAUTY used to have a great one in a pink square lipgloss tube called Lip Cushion – that was the BEST and they discontinued it. WHY???? POP??? WHY???