Yankee Candle Man Candles

Yankee Candle Man Candles 1

I don’t technically know when the candle makers of the world are going to wake up and realize that yes, some of us would totally buy a freshly pumped gas scented candle, there’s irony in here somewhere, flame, candle..yeah..irony.

Yup, I like the smell of gas, sue me.

There are some odd smells out there that just rock (Demeter has successfully captured some). Chalk, gas, leather, a really old book from the library or a used book sale ya know the ones with yellow and cracking pages, oh and let’s not forget fresh from the copy machine copies!

Yankee Candle now has Man Candles. Yup, Man Candles.

And I’m delighted that one of the scents is 2 x 4, man Home Depot and wood, that’s a great scent.

Your dude might not appreciate your candle addiction (yeah, I’m a candle addict as well as a beauty one, damn straight!) so you might want to get him some of his own blends from the new Yankee Candle Man Candle Collection, although, even manly candles might not really goo over big with your guy!

Riding Mower
Hot sun. Cool breeze. And the intensely summery scent of freshly cut grass.

Yankee Candle Man Candles 5

2 X 4
The warm, unmistakable scent of freshly planed wood and sawdust evokes a sense of confidence and quality.

Yankee Candle Man Candles 4

First Down
Game on! This combination of orange, patchouli, vetiver and leather is as exciting as game day.

Yankee Candle Man Candles 3

Man Town
Escape to the man cave with this masculine blend of spices, woods and musk.

Yankee Candle Man Candles 2

Dontcha think candles that smelled like dirty socks, dutch oven farts, and pee on the toilet seat would be so much more…I dunno, manly? Just keepin’ it real!

Haha!

But I’m game for that 2 X 4 scents!

• 5/23/12 12:53 Eve:

Wow, I really want to smell these! I personally prefer “manlier” scents, besides leather. First Down and Man Town sound good!

• 5/23/12 12:59 JC:

Finally! Now this is what I’m talking about! I’m so sick of Cj’s fruity flower power candles. I need some manly. 2×4 and man down! Yeah football!! Woohoo!

• 5/23/12 13:03 the Muse:

LOL Jc it’s been SUCH a while since you visited ;-D that CJ is so terribly boring with his fluffy flowery candles ;-D

• 5/23/12 13:01 Missy:

I love the smell of gasoline, too! :D One of my favorites is going to sound really weird – chemicals hahaha ~ my Dad was in agriculture and sold fertilizers and chemicals to farmers to keep insects away, so whenever I get a whiff of that, I get all misty eyed. My DH always says “don’t inhale that!!” but I can’t help it, ya know? I would totally buy a Farmer’s Chemicals candle ;-)

• 5/23/12 13:04 the Muse:

lol missy that’s an ODD one ;-D I’m not really sure I even know the scent….! but since you love gas, I think I prob will like what you like so yay farmer’s chemicals hahah!

• 5/23/12 13:05 Sarah S.:

LMFAO @ dutch oven farts candle! That’d capture my hubby perfectly XD

• 5/23/12 13:08 the Muse:

lol sarah oh no I feel bad for you! ;-D!

• 5/23/12 13:08 kimkats:

OMG – Riding mower has me all over it!! I do the mowing here and I love me my riding mower (Mow about 3 acres total so need a rider) I love the smell of fresh cut grass too

• 5/23/12 13:12 18thCenturyFox:

Yeah we were laughing about these over @ DListed because “ManTown”?!? *smdh*

• 5/23/12 14:14 the Muse:

LOL 18th!

• 5/23/12 13:56 Anna:

OMG and I thought I was the only crazy person adoring the scent of gas haha, does that make us pyromaniacs in some way?

• 5/23/12 14:11 the Muse:

fire fire fire! haha anna!

• 5/23/12 14:31 Quinctia:

Among the men I know, including my father, coworkers, significant others, etc, the preferred candle scent of choice is vanilla. Often to the exclusion of all else.

As in, my father would get angry if my mom burned something else. The guy I worked with bought out all the vanilla candles in the display.

So I find these kind of extra humorous in that context. I wonder if the 2×4 one has that extra burnt wood note in it that you smell when you’re cutting something with a power saw. I kind of like that. The grass one’s probably nice, one of BPAL’s Strawberry Moons smells like fresh cut grass and fresh strawberries, and I’d wear it more often if it didn’t fade so quickly on me.

• 5/23/12 14:35 the Muse:

strawberry mooon sooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnn! can’t wait for the new rendition ;-D

sorry I got off topic, I find vanilla and caramal, kinda creme brulee scents are always appealing to guys! wonder if it’s because it smells foody? men always thinking with their stomachs ;D

• 5/23/12 14:43 JC:

Like my mom says the quickest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach!

• 5/24/12 1:59 Quinctia:

I’d like Strawberry Moon more if they didn’t all fade really fast on me! Strawberry has to get really syrupy as a note before I have any luck with staying power. My favorite BPAL berry is the note in Monsterbait: Closet.

Yeah, I’m quite into gourmand/spicy scents, so it’s good to know I’m unlikely to be turning the guys off with my perfume, haha.

• 5/24/12 11:06 the Muse:

I love monsterbait underpants ;-D but I refuse to use it lol! I’m surprise to hear it fades, I have great success with bpal, good long wear! have you tried lovepotionperfume.com?

• 5/25/12 7:14 LMat:

Just wanted to add: it’s been my experience as well that guys seem to like foody scents. I have a Jessica Simpson perfume that has vanilla and caramel notes and I always get a “Something smells nice….” comment from guys when I’m wearing that one. I never get that when I’m wearing perfumes that are more high-end!

And back to the original topic…hilarious post, Muse! Man candles…interesting…I don’t see my boyfriend going, “Hey, let’s use that candle that smells like sawdust in the bathroom!” First Down and Man Town do sound like they would make nice cologne-type scents though.

• 6/11/12 16:29 the Muse:

hey lmat sorry for the delayed reply! I need to smell JS’s perfume, I always say I will when I go into macys but end up passing it by ;-D haha glad you liked it ;-D I think I’d actually LIKE the sawdust scent hehe!

• 5/23/12 19:42 Comrade Garlic:

I read a quick review of these last night at Dave’s Cupboard. Really worth a read, you get both the man’s perspective and a woman’s. Plus the sales associate’s.

• 6/18/12 11:54 the Muse:

I LOVED this comrade thanks for the link and sorry it ended up in my spam comment box so I just saw it now ;-D

• 5/23/12 19:55 Jane:

It’s not April 1, so I’m stumped. “Man Town”? Hmm…

• 5/24/12 1:04 Sorchathorn:

Hahaha!! Both my husband and I loled at the dutch oven farts comment. So TRUE.

• 5/24/12 9:42 the Muse:

lol sorchathorn ;-D

• 5/24/12 1:39 Amy Amethyst:

LOL! these candles and your article were funny. I think I love you, Muse! :p You always crack me up. I like the smell of gas too. My best friend likes the smell of diesel exhaust. I told her maybe she should be the one with a trucker driver as a bf instead of me. haha

• 5/24/12 9:57 the Muse:

aw amy! I’m so glad my odd sense of humor gives ya a laugh hehe ;-D I like diesel too, it just smells freaking amazing lol! <3!

• 5/24/12 13:03 JCz:

I love the smell of gasoline also!!
    I kind of imagine mantown would smell like sweat, axe body spray, and balls – no thank you!

• 5/24/12 17:59 Kimryan8:

That is helarious JCz

• 5/24/12 16:25 Zoelarue:

I love the smell of a new textbook! But I want a man candle that smells like hot sweaty man of burnin love! Yum! And I love the smell of gas too!

• 5/24/12 17:49 Kimryan8:

You crack me up. We don’t need a dutch oven fart candle. Unfortunately that smell is all too familiar to me.

• 6/7/12 13:03 the Muse:

lol kim!

• 5/24/12 20:24 Amanda Elisabeth:

I just saw these yesterday at the mall! My boyfriend pointed them out and we had to go in and sniff them. Some of them are alright, but the 2×4 smells god-awful XD

• 5/24/12 21:47 heavymetaldiva:

My husband has been talking about “man scents”for a while, he says bacon should be a scent . I like the smell of gas too!!

• 6/7/12 13:02 the Muse:

damn straight bacon SHOULD be a scent lol!

• 5/25/12 18:39 Swims alot:

Muse
    Lol. Men are always thinking w their stomachs. Beg to differ but I think they ate usually thinking with a little head that has a mind of its own.
    I love the new xeroxed smell

• 6/11/12 10:19 the Muse:

amen to that! ;-D

• 5/26/12 19:26 jackieg02:

I’m with you on the gasoline smell. I also LOVE the smell of car exhaust. And I like the sound of a diesel engine.
    I’m kinda feeling Man Town and First Down. Will have to check these out.

• 6/11/12 18:52 18thCenturyFox:

So according to some researchers, men are so attracted to vanilla type scents because it reminds them of breast milk. All sub conscious of course, an subliminally they are drawn to it. I have found even the “cheap” synthetic Vanilla Fields type vanillas to bring them like bees. Anyone remember those gorgeous “travel monologue” like vanilla melange perfumes from VS around 1998? Like Vanilla Peach and the like? Those were soooo well crafted. Right before VS sold their souls to the sorority crowd.

• 6/12/12 11:39 the Muse:

lol…more info than I needed to know lmao! I’m laughing so hard at the “sorority crowd” comment lol! I never thought about that but god damn you’re right lol!

• 6/12/12 13:22 18thCenturyFox:

Sorry Muse! I spend too much time with children and animals ;)

• 6/12/12 13:40 the Muse:

lol ;-D

• 9/17/12 4:03 Rebecca:

I heard Man Town smells like Axe (and that was a man’s opinion). So I’m going tomorrow to smell these and the fall stuff.