Do Not Want It By the Gallon

Wen Gallon

I love me some Wen Cleansing Conditioners! They clean and condition my hair in one simple step and leave it soft, tangle-free, and manageable.

What’s not to love?

Oh, yeah, a gallon’s worth.

If you’re hardcore Wen you can now indulge in a gallon’s worth of your fav Cleansing Conditioner for a whooping $177 at QVC. Personally this seems like a great idea for a salon or a spa but not home use. And definitely not for commitment-phobe types like me who like to change products up daily…who wants to stick with a single scent of shampoo/conditioner for THAT long? A gallon will take you ages to use up!

So how committed are you to your Wen?

A gallon’s worth committed?

Would you go all out and purchase an entire gallon of Wen or your favorite shampoo or conditioner?

As for me, DO NOT WANT!

• 6/6/12 12:29 Cj:

Meh I don’t like WEN at all, I got a set for christmas last year, I dont feel clean without lather :/

• 6/6/12 12:35 the Muse:

lol! I typically lather up twice a week b/c of that same exact feeling ;D

• 6/6/12 12:33 Leticia – Cosmetics Aficionado:

Not a WEN fan so no, but if my favorite hair serum came in a gallon I would buy it. I have extra long, thick hair and go through product like crazy!

• 6/6/12 12:37 breyerchic04:

I barely go through a normal bottle of conditioner before I’m totally bored.

• 6/6/12 12:38 the Muse:

amen sister!

• 6/6/12 14:07 breyerchic04:

And I’m way more monogamous with shampoo and conditioner than with any other product.

Except that garnier moisture gel stuff, I have been using tub after tub of that on my face.

• 6/6/12 14:09 the Muse:

i love that moisture gel too ;-D

• 6/6/12 12:42 Sarah:

Hahaha! A gallon. Takes like 20 pumps if you have a decent amount of hair when you use Wen. That’s one of the turn offs for me about it, that when I had long hair, I’d use it up pretty fast. Got to be very expensive!

• 6/6/12 12:48 isabella:

I use WEN but mostly as a conditioner, still doesnt feel clean as a “shampoo”

• 6/6/12 13:05 Sarah S.:

I have sort of dry hair so I like Wen (I don’t feel unclean w/out lather), but NO THANKYOU to the gallon size!

• 6/6/12 13:17 Abbey:

I have really long, thick hair and it takes me forever to use a liter of product. That’s a crazy amount!

• 6/6/12 13:49 Comrade Garlic:

I remember cleaning out the last salon I worked at. I ended up destroying many gallons of shampoo and conditioner. It separates and the ingredients break down. Some had their own ecosystems. Why you would buy a gallon for personal use is beyond me.

• 6/6/12 13:59 the Muse:

lol their own ecosystems damn I love you!

• 6/6/12 15:26 Lisa:

I have long, thin hair but a lot of it. I use Wen and it makes me hair sooo soft and shiny I get tons of compliments. But after awhile I switch to shampoo to get that residue out of my hair and perk up my scalp. The one thing I can’t stand about Wen is it builds up in my drain and clogs after such a short time! That and I need five million pumps of it. It isn’t very pocket friendly when it comes to price either. So while a gallon would be great for my fellow long haired girls, my drain and wallet would not thank me. I also like to switch up hair products for scent and properties.

• 6/6/12 16:09 diane:

i was using wen religiously and loved it. then my scalp developed an allergy to it =(

i still have half a gallon each of the pom and the fig. they make nice shave lotions. expensive, but nice.lol

• 6/6/12 16:16 the Muse:

lol damn expensive d! ;-D your gams are worth $177! ;D

• 6/7/12 11:25 Diane:

Haha for real! Last year they were $160. What a price increase!

• 6/7/12 11:35 the Muse:

I can’t see myself spending near 200 bucks on wen! I like it but damnyum!

• 6/6/12 16:19 Margaret:

I bought three gallons of Wen a few years ago and I still have one left. I did use up two gallon and several (and I do mean several) regular bottles of Wen. It does get boring using the same scent. I have lots and lots of thick curly hair and I get great results with Wen (although I do regular shampoo once a week). Maybe about 5 years ago I had used up all the Wen I had and so I tried to do the cleansing with regular conditioner. The results were horrific. Wen does work for me and I won’t stop using it (unless I can find a cleansing conditioner that gives me the same results) but it is expensive and it seriously does clog/get stuck in my shower drain.

• 6/6/12 16:29 the Muse:

god bless you margaret ;-D haha! that’s my problem, I get results but have a prob committing to a single scent ;D

• 6/6/12 16:28 Olivia Frescura:

I love WEN but only as a conditioner, not a shampoo replacement. I definitely wouldn’t use a full gallon because I hardly use any conditioner as is!

• 6/7/12 5:21 Southern Gorgeous:

If this was Redken All Soft, I would totally buy it in a gallon size!

• 6/22/12 21:17 gabriella:

2nd!!!!!!!!! Lurrrrrve redken all soft

• 6/7/12 10:34 JoElla:

Gang go to your local plumbing supply company and ask for the crystal clog cleaner (forgot the name, but they will know what you are talking about)

*BEFORE USING THIS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A VERY WELL VENTILATED AREA!*

They look like those fragrance rocks and you pour about 1/4 to 1/2 of them in your drain.. Poor boiling hot water (think pasta pot) over it.

Very important to use the fan and/or open a window while using this

You may have to repeat this a few times, but it will clean out your drains. It will even eat through the hair one loses with shampooing.

You should be good to go for at least 6 months.

We have used this about 3 times and it has saved us tons of $$$ not having to call a plumber!

• 6/7/12 10:45 the Muse:

lol jo….tips for cleansing the drain of wen…I LOVE it ;-D

• 6/7/12 23:25 msworld311:

I totally bought the gallon. My hair has never been softer and more healthy. I still buy other scents from time to time from Wen, but have my basic in the gallon (what a money saver!)

• 6/8/12 9:31 the Muse:

your my hero msworld! I can’t commit like that ;D

• 6/8/12 13:25 Majick:

I switch my shampoo and conditioner all the time. I like WEN but would never commit to a gallon of it. Over time it gets thicker and I just can’t imagine it not going bad before it got used up.

Seriously, why can’t they just make normal size containers for a decent price? Everyday I feel like a mathemetician – what’s the best deal? oh if I buy two I can save… I’m sick of the hooey.

• 5/20/13 20:37 Amy:

I dont know if anyone still looks at this but I have just discovered the wen products and I have found that if I just use the wen my hair is soft and not so out of control I have thin fine hair and I have found that I am not loosing as much hair when I am using it. How long did it take before drain problem became an issue. My entire family is now using it. So I am sure I am in for it. I wish I could get a gallon but I do agree I like to change up the flavors. But it is expensive but I can get it for $35 plus shipping for the 90day supply but I can only get select ones :( but they are still nice pomegranate, almond mint and cucumber aloe.. 2 16oz bottle, styling crème, intense moisturizer 4oz, a comb and the sample styling balm.. I am will to pass the savings on if any one is interested..

• 7/2/13 19:43 Paige:

My grandmother bought a gallon for each scent….

I can’t even stand the stuff all over our bathroom as it is, now I have to stare at entire gallons scattered around the house!

• 7/11/13 14:33 Justwalkinby:

I love WEN and I did by a gallon of the Sweet Almond Mint! First of all, most people wash their hair entirely too much. I exercise daily and sweat like I look like I’ve just hopped out of a pool, but all I do is rinse, rinse, rinse my hair in the shower on non-cleansing day, and just add a pump or two of WEN for a conditioner, work it in, rinse it out good and ta-da! Beautiful hair! I only “wash” my hair twice a week. I’m lucky I guess because I don’t have oily hair or skin. I guess if that was the case, WEN might not be something you’ll like every day. About once a month though, I will cleanse my hair with a Matrix shampoo, but not more than that because it will strip the color out of my hair.

• 9/13/13 13:08 Nicole:

I love WEN, it is all I use. I could never buy a gallon though because I am a mad scientist and love switching formulas and mixing them together! Then this past June he brought out the Kids WEN formulas out in a gallon, then I was all over that gallon of Watermelon like white on rice! :D I absolutely love it, my other half even loves it, our blue point ragdoll kitty Max (he is 4 years old) has been cleansed with it, and I also refill my niece’s 16oz bottle for her with my gallon. My niece/goddaughter is 12 and has severe eczema, about the only thing she can use on her scalp without it burning and stinging is WEN. So yes I could commit to a gallon of the Kids WEN no problem and for the right price I would commit to a bottle or SIXTHIRTEEN in a heartbeat! :)

• 9/19/13 17:53 Nicole:

I guess I should have never opened my big trap!!! I posted on 09/13/2013 that I would commit to a gallon of SIXTHIRTEEN in a heartbeat, I look on QVC today 09/19/2013, what is availible in a gallon… You guessed it, WEN SIXTHIRTEEN cleansing conditioner! LOL! I didn’t submit my order yet, but it is sitting in my online cart calling my name… :D
    I just ordered the SIXTHIRTEEN styling creme with my 32oz seasonal scents on auto-delivery, I am going to have to add on to our master bathroom! ;)

• 9/23/13 9:36 the Muse: