Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream Dry Skin

Garnier Moisture Recure Refreshing Gel Cream Dry Skin Formula

I’ve raved Garnier’s Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream to the heavens when it released and to this day still love it.

I’m absolutely delighted they are releasing a dry skin formula now as well. Reader Christmas, kindly sent over a photo of the new dry skin formula for us to enjoy today.

This is a pink gel cream versus the old style green one.

I have to ask how much moisturizing can it get? The original version already offers plenty of moisture as is…! Now a dry skin version?

I’m so in!

Are you a fan of Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream?

Excited about a dry skin version?

Do share!

• 6/21/12 16:24 K.:

I love the original refreshing cream-it’s so lightweight but moisturizing! I’m super excited for the dry skin formula because that would be so great for winter!

• 6/21/12 16:30 Courtney:

I just bought the original cream yesterday (a repurchase). I wish this had been on the shelf because I totally would have tried it. Super excited for the new formula!

• 6/21/12 16:39 Amber Joy:

This is the best news I’ve heard all day! And I thought the same thing you did, how can get it get even more moisturizing? I hope it keeps the same scent as the original, I loved it!

• 6/21/12 16:42 the Muse:

yay amber! me too girl! ;-D how in the world can they make this any better!? it’s already awesome ;-D!

• 6/21/12 17:11 Melissa:

I love gel anything! I’m going to look for this at CVS tomorrow. I really need something for days when I don’t want to take the time for the good stuff (Lush). I used to love moisture surge gel by clinique, I’m thinking this might be the perfect alternative. In other news, I got my Dandelion set from HSN that I bought for cheap because of you. I’m thrilled! So thanks for that and also my Siri has an attitude. She just told me “Melissa you know I can’t do that” When I said go to musings of muse .com

• 6/21/12 17:26 Michou:

I am super excited for this product, as it may be a cheap replacement for my Clinique Moisture Surge. I have very dry skin (even in summer it’s drier than it should be) so I definitely welcome more moisture!

• 6/21/12 19:01 DJ:

Awww … I just bought back ups of the original formula, on a BOGO 50% off deal. If I had known earlier I would have waited to try this! I am sure its still awesome, but I will wait for your review muse. :) Plus it seems like it might be better suited for winter dry months.

• 6/22/12 8:29 dina:

sounds interesting! usually take issue with the sticky/tackiness gel creams often have on the finish but for little $ this might be worth the shot :) and dry skin formula, all the better!

• 6/22/12 9:57 Amber:

Well, here’s from another Amber, LOL! I love the original one! I have combo skin though so not sure I need dry except maybe in the winter I’ll try it! It works fantastic for me and I have super sensitive fair skin. I have had some pretty expensive products and they have just wrecked my skin. Ugly painful red patches all over even! This is so gentle and I do love that smell too!

• 6/22/12 10:13 the Muse:

yay happy to hear it amber!

• 6/22/12 10:45 Sam:

:( I wanted to love the original version, I really did. After moments of applying it, I started getting red splotches all over! I had to wash it off and follow up Exfliokate immediately!

• 6/22/12 12:58 Cj:

Why can’t brands stop using jars? I really hate jar moisturizers, like is it seriously that hard to package it in a regular pump bottle? Or do the cool push down jar thing that boscia does. I loved the regular gel cream, I actually bought 4 jars and transferred them all into a big pump bottle lol! Digging your fingers over and over in a jar is so not sanitary, and you can never get the right ammount either

• 6/22/12 14:00 the Muse:

mmmmmmmmmmmmm agreed especially for eye cream! do not like spending big bucks on la mer eye cream and having it come in a jar! who cares about the silver applicator? just give me a tube damnit! good for you and super smart it’ll stay fresh longer!

• 6/23/12 14:39 Jessica:

For dry skin on your face check out Apothederm
    They have an amazing moisturizing cleanser and moisturizing cream. They work better than anything else I’ve tried.

• 6/23/12 14:55 Liz:

It reminds me the clinique one.

• 6/25/12 0:28 Lorraine ER:

I have combination/more oily than not/acne-prone skin and the original formula is my daily moisturizer and skin saviour! I was thrilled when I found it. I like the moisture-rescue cleanser as well because it doesn’t dry out my skin to the point that it creates even more oil to compensate. (it took me awhile to become aware of that vicious cycle!)

I don’t think I’d need this one but it’s awesome that they came out with it. Garnier has become one of my fave. drugstore skincare lines. They make great hair products too!

• 6/25/12 10:22 the Muse:

hey Lorraine LONG time no speak how are you!?

• 6/25/12 15:31 Sammie:

Muse, is this at all like the Clinique Moisture Surge? I SWEAR by that stuff but it eats such a hole in my budget. I would REALLY appreciate feedback on the similarities. <3

• 6/25/12 15:39 the Muse:

I haven’t tried clinique’s version sammie :( sorry hun!

• 6/26/12 13:15 Kaitlin:

I just bought the Garnier’s Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream on your recommendation and it is AMAZING! I love the scent soooo much and it feels so nice and cooling on my skin. It’s wonderful. I’ve been using it for a little less than a week now and I can definitely tell a difference in my skin.

• 6/26/12 13:17 the Muse:

aw so GREAT to hear it kaitlin! <3!

• 7/11/12 14:27 cea:

hi! i am such a big fan of the orignal and i am in LOVE with the scent but the moisturizing isn’t cutting it for me! does the dry-skin formula smell the same? let me know please :)

• 7/17/12 13:36 the Muse:

same scent cea, mentioned in the review about the scent :)

• 8/9/12 5:34 Aaron:

The original is okay, I love the new one!!! It’s so moisturizing an it contains more stable vitamin c. ;) id love if it came in a pump tho.