Maybelline the Mega Plush Volum’ Express Mascara & Too Faced Flexistrech Nylon Lash Fibers A Marriage Most Wonderful

Maybelline the Mega Plush Volum Express Mascara Too Faced Flexistrech Nylon Lash Fibers 1

I decided to get a little experimental with my mascara this morning and combined the new Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara along with Too Faced’s Flexistrech Nylon Lash Fibers.

Seriously, Too Faced needs to rethink the marketing on their Better Than False Lashes Nylon Lash Extension System because I’d totally over indulge in the Nylon Lash Fibers if they sold them separately. I’ve pretty much completely run through these because I use them with every single mascara I own rather than just sticking with the mascara that Too Faced has included with the system.

They are the bomb dot comb people.

So if you’re listening Too Faced, we want more Nylon Lash Fibers!

Let’s take a look and see how well Too Faced played with Maybelline.

Mega Plush Mascara has been taking it lumps in the beauty world and has to contend with rants rather than a ton of raves but I’m generally enjoying it. I like the brush, I like the formula, and I think it works fairly well aside from the quirky wriggling brush.

I decided to step it up by applying it this morning along with some of the Too Faced Flexistrech Nylon Lash Fibers and I got such great length from combing the two!

w00t!

Nifty right?

So for those curious about whether you can use the fibers with another mascara, here’s proof! You can def take your old mascaras to new levels using these. I seriously wish Too Faced would consider selling them separately and perhaps in a bigger tube…I’d pay $35 just for a big o’ tube of the fibers alone!

Maybelline the Mega Plush Volum Express Mascara Too Faced Flexistrech Nylon Lash Fibers Before After

Great stuff!

Anyone try the Better Than False Lashes Nylon Lash Extension System?

Are you using the fibers with other mascaras you own?

How about Mega Plush?

Tried it?

Loved it?

Left it?

Do share!

• 6/6/12 20:17 Ruth:

OMG Muse !!!!!!!!!!!!! When the False fiber system first came out I ordered it from Sephora and hated it, I had better results using the fibers and my Cover Girl mascara. I certainly wasn’t going to keep it just for that though, $46.00 CDN is too much just for fibers. I emailed them the same day I returned it to Sephora and asked if there are any plans in the future to sell the fibers solo, haven’t heard back yet but I’ll let you know ASAP.

• 6/7/12 10:18 the Muse:

aw sorry to hear it ruth, gotta admit, I freaking loved it..! although I like using the fibers with my own mascara better than the one TF included with the system! ;-D thanks! I look forward to hearing it!

• 6/7/12 17:08 Ruth:

you know, i once emailed too faced and am still waiting for a response.I shattered a blush in one of their little pallets and wanted to replace it with the same color. the back of their travel pallets aren’t marked with the color selections, i just wanted to know what it was. i contacted them AGES ago and they still haven’t responded.

• 6/6/12 21:01 Courtney:

Do you have any problem with the fibers getting into your eyes? I want the few false lash fiber mascaras I’ve tried have given me issues. I’ve heard only good things about Too Faced’s though so I’m tempted to try it…

• 6/7/12 10:17 the Muse:

ALWAYS! it feels like I have lashes in my eye! but I didn’t have any issues with the ones from too faced, they are kinda like cotton!

• 6/6/12 21:06 Courtney:

I also saw on Sephora that MUFE sells lash fibers http://www.sephora.com/lash-fibers-P206303?skuId=1054808 but I wonder if they’re as good?

• 6/7/12 10:17 the Muse:

I haven’t tried those court too bad they are OOS I’d have indulged!

• 6/7/12 14:05 Courtney:

OOS? I might have to go to Sephora to compare the two. The way you described them as like cotton sounds really neat!

• 6/7/12 14:06 the Muse:

out of stock ;-D sorry totally a lazy azz with spelling ;-D they are kinda like spider webs…it’s funky! ;-D

• 6/6/12 21:38 adriana:

OMG!!! That combo looks pretty good! Luv it!!

• 6/7/12 9:47 the Muse:

aw thanks adriana!

• 6/6/12 21:40 Rachel:

Woo! Love mascara experiments :)

• 6/6/12 21:51 Angelina:

I tried the Mega Plush mascara and hated it, not hate but deff not gonna repurchase. I’m trying to use it up though but I was extremely disappointed. I really want to try the Too Faced mascara everyone’s raving about!

• 6/6/12 23:01 Leticia – Cosmetics Aficionado:

Essence Volumizing Lash Powder might work like the fiber stuff from the Too Faced set.

I bought this mascara and need to test it out. Looks great on your lashes.

• 6/7/12 9:46 the Muse:

we don’t have it in the states though :( or at least I never saw it here :(

• 6/8/12 10:36 Leticia – Cosmetics Aficionado:

I buy mine in the states. I get it at Fred Meyer, which is a local chain and also Ulta sells it. I believe there are other stores that carry it, but off the top of my head I don’t know. It is only $3.49 a bottle.

• 6/7/12 0:18 tiny:

FRANKENSCARA FTW!!!!!!!

• 6/7/12 9:41 the Muse:

LOL tiny!

• 6/7/12 2:24 Melissa:

You can buy similar fibers separately by quite a few brands. My favorite are by Talika bramd because they come in black.

• 6/7/12 9:45 the Muse:

hey melissa yeah but most of those make me feel like I have a lash in my eye :-/ I love the too faced ones because they don’t feel like that!

• 6/7/12 18:50 Melissa:

I know the feeling you talk about because I wear contacts and that makes me a little more sensitive to eye makeup. I like the Talika product and when I compared the texture to the too faced one its really similar. Just a suggestion of course. I hated the Laura gellar one.. that was a clusterfudge.

• 6/8/12 9:40 the Muse:

hm melissa will have to try the talika…is it kinda like cottony/spider web formula?

• 6/7/12 4:29 Southern Gorgeous:

I agree, it would be amazing to see a large tube of the fibers for sale on their own!!

• 6/7/12 10:16 the Muse:

I WOULD LOVE that ;D

• 6/7/12 5:59 molly:

I absolutely love the fibers with the benefit they’re real mascara. with both products i actually looked like i had false lashes on!

• 6/7/12 8:23 Kristanna:

gonna have to try this. I wasnt digging the plush but felt gulity I was letting it sit. The brush drove me crazy. Hope it works!!

• 6/7/12 9:40 the Muse:

let me know! ;-D

• 6/7/12 10:27 Jenny:

The Too Faced lash fibers reminds me of a mascara I bought in Taiwan (SUKI) that I HATED at first because the mascara was dry. However, using the Suki fibers with any of my other mascaras produced amazing, false-lashies-like results :D And the best part was that the Suki mascara was less than USD$10!
    Not sure if you can find the brand online, but definitely try it if you can~

• 6/7/12 10:48 the Muse:

thanks jenny! have to be on the look out for it!