Musings of the Day: What Did You Haul During the Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale?

bath and body works sale1

It’s possible abnormal to walk out of Bath & Body Works hauling out a bag of twenty or so candles but that’s exactly what happened to me during the Semi-Annual Sale.

I really, really wanted to indulge during the typical two for twenty deal when Bath & Body originally launched some of their Spring/Summer 2012 candles but couldn’t justify a purchase since I had SO many left over from Christmas.

But since they are on sale plus extra coupons and such floating around the Internet I ended up hauling.

Where I’m storing all of this is anyone’s guess!

Outside of the candles I also picked up some home fragrance oils and some of the silver plated candle holders.

What about you?

What sort of major haul did you do at Bath & Body Works?

Share your haul with me!

Curious what everyone got.

Did anyone feel this year’s sale was kinda small-ish compared the year’s past?

I remember hauling X-mas stuff, older products, etc…during the sale and tons of accessories and such. This year it seemed like the stuff on sale was mostly products they just recently launched this Spring/Summer.

• 6/20/12 14:21 Missy:

I stocked up on Bali Mango lotion, Rio Plumberry lotion, those adorable pocketbacs, a couple holders for them and at the bottom of the bin, one more of the Pineapple-something candles :D Oh, and a gift card for my sis-in-law’s birthday!

• 6/20/12 14:34 the Muse:

SWeet Missy! ;-D I got the pineapple punch candle (I think that’s the name lol)! Smells so damn good!

• 6/20/12 14:26 Michelle:

I’m sorry to be OT but I didn’t know where else to put this. While we’re on the subject of sales, Pixi (www.pixibeauty.com) is having their Friends & Family Sale–30% off through June 26. The code to use at checkout is “pixi30.” Happy Shopping! :)

• 6/20/12 14:33 the Muse:

thanks michelle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3!

• 6/20/12 14:52 Emily:

I got: c.o. bigelow cinnamint mentha lip balm stick ($3), aromatherapy sensual black current vanilla body mist ($7.50), into the wild fragrance mist ($3), coconut water wallflower bulb ($3), and true blue mini blackberry purifying peel off face mask ($3)!!!

• 6/20/12 14:57 the Muse:

nice haul emily!!!!!! let me know how the peel is, I saw that but skipped!

• 6/20/12 15:06 Tammie:

I got a bunch of body washes (my husband loves those), apple & strawberry honey balms and a citrus sunflower or whatever body scrub.

• 6/20/12 15:32 the Muse:

the balms were full price at my shop :( boo! was considering an online order.

• 6/20/12 15:18 Amanda B:

i got a ton of the antibacterial soaps for me and my parents and two large candles–spring and orchard!

• 6/20/12 15:32 the Muse:

I wish I did! they had no antibacs I wanted :(

• 6/20/12 16:17 stef:

i was sad that all the candles i wanted were not on sale and the hand soaps i wanted were out of stock!

• 6/20/12 16:18 the Muse:

hugs! sorry stef! :( which candles did you want?

• 6/20/12 16:58 Miss D:

I went in yesterday and hauled some of the classic fragrances (orchid and cucumber) for me and my mom yesterday. But I also got Lemon’s Pomegranate body mist…I like that so much I will probably be going back after work to pick up another one. Have you smelled this Muse? It’s almost like the Summer Vanillas in Lemon spray but slightly different- love this stuff (to bad the fragrance doesn’t last very well).

• 6/20/12 16:59 jenna:

my online haul from the sale just arrived today! i stocked up on lotion, body wash, and body spray. now i’m kicking myself for not throwing in some pocketbacs and lipglosses!

• 6/20/12 20:03 JenJ:

I was all set to check it out but then I was like “girl have a seat”!! I still have shower gels from the December sale along with others I’m trying to use up. I do need some hand soaps but still don’t know if I’ll check it out.

• 6/20/12 23:47 SJG:

I didn’t get anything at BBW – there was just nothing that interested me – but I stocked up on body scrub at Victoria’s Secret. I did mass LOL at Cucumber Melon and all the classic fragrances “that will never ever be available in stores again” hanging out in bins at the front of the store.

• 6/21/12 10:40 Ester:

I stocked up on Dark Kiss body mist and then tried out Wild Honeysuckle and Creamy Coconut. I love body mists, but sometimes they can smell cheap, oh well, they were inexpensive. I love anything Dark Kiss scented, though.

• 6/21/12 15:13 the Muse:

ester dark kiss is a little bold for me ;-D but I really love creamy coconut ;-D

• 6/22/12 8:46 dina:

yes so miss the winter, older, and discontinued stuff they usually have :( and where oh where is the c.o.bigelow?! got a few candles that i was holding off on for the same reasons as you as well and the honey balms and rays of citrus spray and shower gel which is actually a nice surprise. kind of a cross between citrus esp lemon but i detect green tea somewhere in there. refreshing, def worth a sniff!

• 6/24/12 11:56 Per:

Just wanted to stop by and say I love your site! Xo

• 6/25/12 11:06 the Muse:

aw thanks so much per :) <3!