Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

Urban Decay Second Skin Foundation

A little sneak peek of the new Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation caught my eye on Daily Cookie today.

I have no deets about the launch sadly but it’s something I imagine we can look forward to for Fall 2012. Urban Decay excels at creating fairly good base products so count me curious about Naked Skin. I find it exciting that foundations becoming more and more lightweight and use technology that really does mimic a second skin.

I’ll update you as info becomes available.

• 6/25/12 10:35 kimkats:

Oooooooo…… UD does do bases pretty well, and I’m such a foundation ho anyway… Looking forward to hearing more about this! Thanks for the heads up muse! Hope you had a good weekend!

• 6/25/12 10:53 the Muse:

my pleasure kim! thanks chica! was fab and yours?

• 6/25/12 11:49 kimkats:

went to a nice little gathering saturday night, and then worked outside all Sunday, when it was hottern’ blazes, but I got a lot done! Starting to get some lil tomatoes off my plants!! Waiting for the big ones to start my annual summer gorge of BLTs! :D

• 6/25/12 12:10 the Muse:

aw awesome! sounds like a great weekend! I was little worried about my flowers this year since it was so cold :( but they are blooming wonderfully! I was planting for the past three weeks and hoping the weather would get better ;-D finally it has! they are happily enjoying all the rain and it seems to have really helped them along this year.

• 6/25/12 10:37 Barb Hawkins:

hopefully they’ll make their way to Canada… would love to give them a try… am a big Urban decay fan!

• 6/25/12 14:07 18thCenturyFox:

Well I hope they are nice for those who continue to support UD- I mean that genuinely

• 6/25/12 15:54 Suselew:

No supporting Urban Decay for me either. They have betrayed their loyal customer base by no longer being cruelty-free. I would have behaved rather badly I’m afraid if I saw them at IMATS. Good thing I live in Michigan.

• 6/26/12 17:33 Majick:

I think UD sold out and I don’t feel good about supporting them any longer. To me it’s like they took a giant leap BACKWARDS for a buck. I will still use what I have but I’ve already begun the search for new eye pencils. There are plenty of other brands that I love.

• 6/25/12 14:38 liveforlove13:

it was at imats…..i wasn’t impressed when i put it on my hand, it reminds me of benefits liquid, which i didn’t like. but i didn’t put it on my face or anything, i just put it on my hand to check the consistency

• 6/25/12 16:04 Phyrra:

My first thought is that they probably won’t come in a porcelain shade :/

• 7/16/12 15:17 Samantha:

Phyrra, my thoughts exactly! All I see is yellow foundations…nothing light or pink-enough for my skin!

• 6/25/12 20:53 Melissa:

I’m losing the love for UD not because of the China thing but because the the primer potions all have changed and don’t work for me and the last eyeshadow palette I got dried out after a few moths and the shadows turned to flakey powdery gross stuff. This would have to be some super special foundation for me to get back on bored with UD’s new stuff.

• 7/13/12 14:14 Isabel:

They are no longer going into China. And yes, they are cruelty free! I’m curious as to what brands you would go to that are more vegan or cruelty free then urban decay that could still give you such a wide and beautifully assorted collection of cosmetics.

• 6/26/12 3:42 Quinctia:

Wow, I hope the color’s off on that. I’m not THAT pale, and the lighter end of those shades still look so dark. And yellow. I mean, I’m pretty pink and don’t mind a little yellow to kind of counteract it, but I’m not going to walk around with what looks like a jaundiced face in multiple shades too dark.

• 6/26/12 16:25 Angela Bruder:

They were giving away a sample with 2 weeks worth away at IMATS I’ve been using it the past 2 days and love it so far….they said they are launching it in July

• 7/14/12 19:56 Imaani Brown:

Wow…theres so much negativity towards UD on here! I was passing through and wanted to read up about the Naked Skin HD foundation and see what reaction most people had to it.
    I managed to try it out (my local UD consultant was kind enough to preview it and I must say I was impressed. I never was a fan of their Cream to Powder foundations, but this stuff is amazing.
    To those yearning about porcelain shades, you’ll be surpised to find UD ARE stocking super porcelain shades. Shade 0.5 is a pink toned porcelain which is almost white. Apparently the colours that end in .5 are pink toned and all that end in .0 are yellow toned. And theres 18 shades!

Oh and finally, the China thing. Im a big fan of UD, and was a little dissapointed when I heard they were going to try and crack the chinese market. But they’re not. They’ve decided against it when they realised the Chinese government wouldnt change the animal testing laws. So you can all go back to your eye pencils now.

• 7/14/12 22:11 Ashley Smith:

I just bought it a week ago. It’s not phenomenal or anything but they made a good karma mineral foundation brush for it that makes the application FLAWLESS. even if you don’t get the foundation, you should definitely recommend getting the brush!!!

• 2/11/14 14:55 Sarai:

I was wondering if you have tried the Foundation yet. I havent seen a review on your blog. Really interested in knowing if this foundation is any good :) THANK YOU

• 2/11/14 15:14 Isabella Muse:

i have but didn’t get a sec to review sarai, will try to get a review up soon!

• 2/12/14 10:22 sarai:

Awesome thank you so much :)

• 2/12/14 10:31 Isabella Muse: