Victoria’s Secret The Nakeds Eye Kit Swatches

Victorias Secret The Nakeds Eye Kit Swatches 2

Hey there!

Seems like the Victoria’s Secret The Nakeds Eyeshadow Palette is really getting a buzz since I posted about it last week.

Quite a few of my reader’s have picked it up. Did you grab yours?

I got mine a few days ago and thought I’d whip it out for some swatches.

Take a look!

Victorias Secret The Nakeds Eye Kit Swatches 1

Victorias Secret The Nakeds Eye Kit Swatches 5

Victorias Secret The Nakeds Eye Kit Swatches 3

Victorias Secret The Nakeds Eye Kit Swatches 10

Review is on the way for this one but I gotta say I’m slightly disappointed thus far. The shades are more frost than shimmer on swatch. Hopefully they don’t apply that way as I seriously don’t do frost well.

It’s available no at Victoria’s Secret and online at www.victoriassecret.com

Love to hear your thoughts if you already tried it!

• 6/27/12 13:23 JenJ:

Meh *shrugs*

• 6/27/12 13:28 Dao:

They look so pigmented! I agree with you, they should have a mix of shimmery and matte colors.

• 6/27/12 13:47 Jenny:

I am not a fan of this palette. I saw it in the store and I really wasn’t impressed.

• 6/27/12 13:49 the Muse:

do far I’m not feeling the love either :-/

• 6/27/12 13:53 Sara:

I do like that it’s a mix of lighter shaded. I’m very fair skinned and a lot of the nude palettes are too dark.

• 6/27/12 13:53 Sara:

*shades

• 6/27/12 14:04 Cindy:

This is not at all what I was expecting it to be! I might just have to pass on this one.

• 6/27/12 14:14 Icequeen81:

love the colors , but indeed frost is not the only thing they need more mix

• 6/27/12 14:25 Flavia Signori:

The colors are nice (at least the ones in the first swatch), but they really look more frost than shimmer O_o I think I’m gonna wait for your review ^^

I want to buy a palette with neutral colors, to practice more, do you recommend me one? Urban Decay, Too Faced, Nyx…? I would like one with both matte and shimmer pigmented colors ^^

=*****

• 6/27/12 16:52 the Muse:

so far I’m a little on the fence flavia…! I haven’t tried on my lids though so could turn out ok but they really feel super frost to me and not shimmer :( UD for SUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE but if you want cheap NYX’s naked palette is nice as well ;D!

• 6/27/12 14:36 Jason:

Meh.
    I’ve seen all of this before and I’ve seen it done much better.
    Pass.

To quote The Muse: “Le sigh”.

• 6/27/12 16:39 the Muse:

ha jason that’s about right my dear ;D!

• 6/27/12 14:56 Phyrra:

They do look very frosty :( I was thinking it would be more matte or satiny.

• 6/27/12 15:56 Becca @ The Beauty Sample:

That’s a shame about all the maybe-frost finishes. And I really liked the shades they picked too–not just browns, etc. but there are purples and pinks. Definitely my kind of “naked”

• 6/27/12 16:02 elizabeth:

Oh boo, I was hoping this would be nicer. I have a $10 bday coupon (that actually was sent to my father, who’s name has been changed from Jean-Philippe to Joan, lol) that expires at the end of the month.

• 6/27/12 16:39 the Muse:

elizabeth so far I’m not impressed! but could change once I apply ;D!

• 8/1/12 16:49 Priti:

I wore a smoked out shimmer black/ gray look using this palette….turned out real good. The shimmer black is perfect for a night out. Colors are buildable. Def not a kit for someone looking for more matte options. Overall, I didn’t find frost to be overwhelming at all on my medium tan yellow based skin tone….including the pearlized frosty warm Vanilla. This is my new fav so far. The colors could show different on different skin tones, but on me, this is just what I was looking for.

• 6/27/12 17:24 Bree:

I bought the summer palette during the semi annual sale and I just thought the colors were muddy. They didn’t blend vary well and were not the greatest pigmentation either. Coulda spent my $14 towards a better product.

• 6/28/12 9:50 the Muse:

bree this is shaping up the same :(

• 6/27/12 19:59 SJG:

UD should sue their butts off for that packaging. I know everyone is having nude or neutral palettes but the resemblance here is really over the top.

• 6/27/12 22:11 Ruth:

kinda under-whelemed. the packaging was so pretty too.

• 6/27/12 22:59 Melissa:

i like the packaging but that’s. It this is a big pass for me. Thanks for sharing.

• 6/28/12 9:39 the Muse:

my pleasure! ;-D

• 6/28/12 10:29 Kate:

I don’t think Victoria’s Secret has the best quality of makeup, despite having department store prices for many products. And I’m shocked that they basically ripped off Urban Decay’s name. Have some creativity. Thank you for the swatches though! Haven’t been able to find them anywhere else.

• 6/28/12 10:30 the Muse:

my pleasure kate :)!

• 6/29/12 10:30 danielle:

did you try these shades on your lids yet? i am so anxious to see! still on the fence about buying this palette..thanks!!

• 6/29/12 10:32 the Muse:

yes, yesterday danielle, I’ll be reviewing it on Monday ;-D

• 6/29/12 10:33 danielle:

awesome, thanks!!!

• 6/29/12 10:35 the Muse:

my pleasure! just need to do sort the pictures, write the review and it’ll be live!

• 6/29/12 23:47 danielle:

great! looking forward to it! you are my go to when i am interested in the new products out therw! i almost always happen to agree with your insights and you have saved me from making any bad purchases :)

• 7/5/12 16:20 the Muse:

sorry again danielle for the delay! I’m a little backed up! aw thanks! really happy to hear that <3!

• 6/29/12 23:47 danielle:

*there i mean haha

• 7/2/12 23:44 Tiffany Martin:

I won’t be picking it up, colors seem too sparkly and common to care about >:

• 7/4/12 9:36 danielle:

did you try these on your lids yet? i cannot find the post and am dying to know what you think before i buy this..thanks!! maybe its not worth it? haha

• 7/5/12 9:13 the Muse:

not yet danielle I’m working on it. I was away for a few days and had other things going on def getting to it as soon as possible.