Givenchy Fluid Foundation Airy-Light Mat Radiance

Givenchy Fluid Foundation Airy Light Mat Radiance

Much to my delight Givenchy Fluid Foundation Airy Light Mat Radiance ($51) has launched at Sephora. I’m a rather big fan of the new breed of “second skin” foundations that keep launching as they are so incredibly lightweight and enhance skin tone without actually looking like you have makeup on at all.

Shiseido’s Perfect Refining Foundation and Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup are two of my very favorite foundation products at the moment so I’m quite eager to check out Givenchy’s version which looks very similiar.

Let’s take a look!

Givenchy Fluid Foundation Airy-Light Mat Radiance is a new radiant matte liquid foundation with a lightweight finish.

Givenchy proclaims that some matifying foundations absorb oil too much which results in the skin drying out and producing more oil. Their formula contains silica beads for oil absorption that allows the skin to breath during wear.

It seems an odd choice for a Fall release as you’d think they’d concentrate on the matte finish for Summer. I think the SPF is a little weak here as well but the lighter formula does garner some of my attention however, this might be reserved for warmer weather since I have drier skin.

However, I’m pretty sure those with oily skin will want to indulge.

I look forward to checking this one out.

Available now at Sephora.com

• 7/25/12 12:03 Cj:

I saw this a while back on sephora. Very tempted to try it

• 7/25/12 12:41 Moon:

This looks nice Muse but $51 is very pricey! But I guess if there is only one thing in make up that we should spend the big bucks on, it should be foundation…

Will you be doing a review for the Urban Decay Naked Foundation that just came out yesterday? (Please tell me you will – I am pretty sure I will get it no matter what but I want it to be “Muse Approved” so I feel better about spending $38! LOL)

• 7/25/12 12:54 the Muse:

lol moon! thanks pretty flattered :) yup, will be reviewing shortly :)

It is indeed pricey! but def a strong believer in splurging on good base :)

• 7/25/12 12:42 Littlecreek:

$50 for a foundation just hurts. Especially when the last BB cream I ordered only set me back $15 and I loved it. As tempting as the mattifying properties are, I just can’t warrant it. I think I’m officially a BB Cream/tinted moisturizer kinda gal.

• 7/25/12 13:14 K.B.:

OMG OMG OMG am buying ASAP. I can’t turn down anything that claims to mattify (even if it doesn’t pan out), and I love EL’s Invisible Fluid, but it oxidizes HORRIBLY on me. The only sucky thing is that I’ll have to guess my shade, because I doubt my Sephora will carry this.

• 7/25/12 14:22 coin:

im a foundation junkie…can’t wait to get my hands on this new product. btw…r u going to do a full review on kat von d lock it foundation at all?? Thank you Muse..

• 7/25/12 14:25 the Muse:

Hi coin, yes, but haven’t seen it in store yet. little worried about online ordering so will wait for it to hit stores so I can get a proper match :)

• 7/25/12 20:04 coin:

thanks muse….will look forward for your review. I always love reading them…:)

• 7/26/12 10:13 the Muse:

aw thanks coin!

• 7/25/12 15:19 Barbara:

I love foundations, but my collection has gotten too big to consider another. Plus I already have Estee Lauder’s version, which I’m very happy with. However, I need to see if this has alcohol in it. Chanel’s version is LOADED with alcohol and perfume and irritated the hell out of my skin when I sampled it. Though, I’m still interested in sampling it.

• 7/25/12 15:58 Kiss & Make-up:

Very interesting. Natural-looking with a matte finish. Perfect! I’ll definitely try this foundation, can’t wait.