Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation coming at you for Fall 2012. Kat successfully captured my heart with her gorgeous concealer so I think it’s a given I’m going to try her new foundation.

How about you?

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation promises to be a highly pigmented foundation that offers long lasting, full coverage.

The foundation was created to provide excellent coverage without compromising the lightweight, natural finish. It’s formulated with 21 percent pigment, I wonder how much pigment is in my current foundation?

They claim that it can cover tattoos….whoa.

The combination of raw materials and the best siliconic elastomers and siliconic esters provide 24-hour wear with transfer resistance. Natural polymers absorb oil for a matte, soft finish and the added emollients provide a velvety texture for perfectly smooth, hydrated skin.

I’m on this!

It’ll be available in 14 shades for $35 and launches shortly at Sephora and Sephora.com

Whatcha think?

For someone so proud of her ink why’s Kat always creating these products to hide it?!

P.S. Whatcha think of Spider-Man? I’m kinda in love with Andrew Garfield’s goofy grin. What a cutie! My friend Nicky has the same cute, goofy grin. They sure did take liberties with Peter’s story though!

• 7/9/12 11:56 K.B.:

I’m torn between this and Urban Decay’s Naked foundation. I know I can get samples of both and decide from there, but I’m feeling very overwhelmed right now. I want to go back to bed (more than I normally do on Mondays). lol

• 7/9/12 12:01 Rachel:

I like it! I wonder if it will be like concealer strength but in bigger packaging like dermablend and the likes. I am down to try full coverage foundation anytime. And it has a pump. Yay! \o/

• 7/9/12 12:04 meep:

She created these to cover tattoos for other people who want to be respectful if they want to go to an event (like a wedding). She’s not doing it for herself, rather the other people who might feel uncomfortable or shy about their tats in a work setting/job interview. :)

• 7/9/12 12:09 the Muse:

i imagine for a job interview it would be great but not sure people with tattoos consider them disrespectful?!

• 8/8/12 9:11 Veronica:

I have 7 tattoos so far, I consider them art & far from disrepsectful :) On another note, I think I am torn between this & UD Naked. Such decisions for us ladies!

• 8/8/12 9:11 Veronica:

I have 7 tattoos so far, I consider them art & far from disrespectful :) On another note, I think I am torn between this & UD Naked. Such decisions for us ladies!

• 7/9/12 12:28 Kaitlin:

Ohhh, I’m all over this. I can’t wait to try it out at Sephora!

• 7/9/12 12:33 Twirishlady:

I’m super curious on this one. I will definitely look for your review when it is available! That is a lot for foundation for me but it might totally be worth it.

• 7/9/12 12:51 Cj:

Spiderman was amazing, way way way way better than the first ones. And I’m not just saying that cause Andrew Garfield’s butt looks really good in spandex lmao! Oh and tell your friend Nicky I said hi *wink* lmao!

• 7/9/12 13:02 the Muse:

lol cj! ;-D I’ll let him know ;-D he’s adorable! I didn’t think I’d like him but he was better than Tobey!

• 7/9/12 12:58 K:

I don’t think Kat would want to hide her tattooes. I think it’s just Sephora’s marketing/advertising strategy, like they would shoot a video of Kat applying this foundation and this product does cover her tattoos, which shows that it’s very pigmented, something like that…

The packaging is gorgeous (the pump reminds me of Skin79’s bb cream ^^)

• 7/9/12 13:04 Cindy:

I’m such a sucker for her products just because of the packaging. It’s always so adorable!

• 7/9/12 13:40 kimkats:

Wow – that’s gotta be some full coverage stuff if it’ll cover tats!! Not sure I’d want to wear that – your color match would have to be *spot* on to wear something that heavy! Might rock the universe if the colors are good tho!

• 7/9/12 14:38 LaLa:

Hmmmm I don’t know about this, I just don’t like the colors in the tattoo concealers, I couldnt wear it i hate having to mix two colors :-( *sigh* I hope they have a color for me to give it a try…

• 7/9/12 23:00 Pilar:

Hmm, I’m tempted. I’m always on the lookout for foundations with excellent coverage.

As for the new Spiderman movie, I loved it. Andrew Garfield is such a cutie! <3

• 7/10/12 9:36 the Muse:

isn’t he? loves him ;D

• 7/9/12 23:56 Quinctia:

It looks like the best kind of pump, at least!

I’m not a big liquid foundation fan, though, so the most I might do is swatch it without huge expectations. I might be surprised, though!

• 7/10/12 2:47 Phyrra:

I’m curious about the shade range.

• 7/11/12 1:58 Marilyn @ Lipgloss and Spandex:

I think her products are interesting, her tattoos are cool, but she herself is kind of tacky. The concealer is pretty good, but I’m wary about changing my foundation.

• 9/12/12 9:03 lola:

hello
    can anyone please tell me if they have used this kat v d in shade 54 or 56 please

• 9/28/12 20:46 Lorena:

Lola I hope I helped….

• 9/28/12 20:40 Lorena:

I bought lock it tattoo foundation in beige 52. I have a very hard to match skin tone and scars around my eyes from radiation and surgeries. I have sat at sephora and tried all foundations and Kat Von D has been the best! It matches my skin perfectly, as if I am not wearing makeup and if applied lightly its almost weightless. I use a drop smaller then a dime and blend well and that is enough to cover my scars. I LOVE IT!!!! You can apply heavier for a foundation full cover look and it still looks perfect. I will not bay any other brand from now on!

• 9/28/12 20:45 Lorena:

Lola, for those colors you have to check if you are a warm or yellow color.
    54 has a yellow beige undertone and the 56 has a beige undertone.
    I would figure out what color you are first….I would suggest going to sephora, they can try both on you and you can even walk away with a sample.
    A tiny bit goes a very long way. I love it!

• 3/2/13 18:53 Laura:

Where can I find Lock-It Tattoo Foundation M 54? I have looked everywhere and no one has it.