Lancome La Vie est Belle Eau de Parfum

Lancome La Vie est Belle Eau de Parfum

Lancome La Vie est Belle Eau de Parfum ($55-$95) sounds like a fragrance that will make my head spin right round.

Inspired by the French expression, La vie est belle, meaning, life is beautiful this scent scent hopes to fill your life with beauty.

Screeching record…

But it contains patchouli.

Housed in a cut crystal glass with a delicate silver ribbon tie and fragrance the color of a blushing rose, this perfume does indeed brings the beauty.

Lancome La Vie est Belle Eau de Parfum introduces the first ever iris gourmand, made with the most precious natural ingredients. The modern interpretation of an oriental fragrance with has a gourmand twist. Entwining the delicate iris with the strength of patchouli and the sweet edge of a gourmand blend for scent that promises depth and complexity.

They had me iris but they slayed the heart out of my chest with patchouli.

Le sigh!

But sometimes, done right, I can get on board with patchouli. I do worry it’ll overtake the beautiful iris in the mix.

We’ll see!

It’s on my sniff list.

On Lancome counters soon.

What do you think it’ll smell like?

• 7/26/12 21:19 18thCenturyFox:

Ha and I’m the opposite! Iris and violet are my death knell but patchouli done right ( I like it in Flowerbomb) works for me. I never liked a LancĂ´me fragrance until Tresor Midnight Rose- that one took me by suprise!

• 7/27/12 10:15 the Muse:

flowerbomb is prob one of the few scents that I can tolerate patchouli in ;-D it comes across cotton candy on my skin!

• 7/26/12 23:56 Jennifer:

The name of this perfume reminds me of Casey Anthony’s tattoo! Yikes!

• 7/27/12 7:20 Barb:

hahaha @”sniff list”… love it!

• 7/27/12 9:22 the Muse:

hehe ;D

• 7/27/12 13:17 Shelby:

ugh god, patchouli is disgusting.

• 7/28/12 3:52 cat:

I have no opinion about the scent but the name immediately made me think of South Pacific. “Dites-moi, pourquoi, la vie est belle…”

• 7/29/12 17:09 Jill:

I bought this perfume yesterday. For everyone who loves flowerbomb, this is very similar (just more fruity). If you’ve smelled Hanae Mori #4, the drydown is almost exactly the same. It’s an absolutely gorgeous scent. The longevity and sillage are wonderful too.

• 7/31/12 9:32 the Muse:

like flowerbomb but more fruity? Love! I need!

• 7/31/12 14:30 the beauty alchemist:

If it is like Flowerbomb then there can’t be much Iris. Hmm, will wait to smell it. I love Patchouli and I really love Iris. Gourmads though? so so at best of times.

• 7/31/12 16:59 GREG’S girl!!!:

Yo Muse!!!!!……. I will try it soon. Since I’m a Lancome Artliner addict, I gotta test out this new perfume!! Voila!!!!! Lol!!!

• 7/31/12 19:49 Tamatha:

Thanks for the review!
    I just got a rub-on sample in the mail today. I do like how it smells despite the patchouli. A sibling went through a straight pathouli oil phase–smells like B.O. to me! I’m looking foward to trying the actual perfume to see how it does with my skin and if hubby likes it too.

• 8/1/12 9:23 the Muse:

hi tamatha this isn’t a review, just a post about the product, I haven’t tried it yet. patchouli kinda smells like just turned dirt to me :-/

• 8/24/12 13:44 Majick:

RIght now my head is spinning – went to Ulta at lunch. haha

GaGa – smells kind of like a stale bar, a little too fruity on me, someone said “dirty oranges” LOL Final dry down wasn’t bad but just not great. On my friend it really smelled nice – final dry down a light powder but not cloying on her.

La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum – I just may have to get this one. It smells like smoke and incense to me (in a good way). A little dark… The girls that smelled it on me were 50/50 so I think it was just a personal preference thing as opposed to the fragrance doing the nasty with my chemistry. LOL

Marc Jacobs Ladybug? or Dot? – LOVED the bottle, it was adorable. The scent is very light and unremarkable on me. Not bad but you really have to hunt for it. LOL Still, the bottle was really cute.

Juicy COuture Le Fleur – very sweet and floral – my friend at Ulta said, “not terrible” (and this was a good comment from her LOL I love that she’s honest). I agree, it’s not terrible but it’s a little to sweet and young girly to me.

So, I’ve doused my arms in alcohol but still have remnants of fume on me. I hope I don’t wreak to everyone else. LOL