Tarte Clean Slate Tinted Treatment BB Primer

Tarte Clean Slate Tinted Treatment BB Primer

Tarte Clean Slate Tinted Treatment BB Primer debuted on QVC today.

Tarte calls there unique BB Primer something that goes above and beyond what your average, everyday primer can do. It’s a tinted primer that can used alone or worn under foundation for extra coverage. The silky formula is available in three shades (light, medium, or tan) and provides a matte finish.

I actually like they call it a BB Primer and not a BB Cream. You already know how I feel about tossing those words around right?

I think it’ll be more along the lines of what MAC offers with there Prep + Prime Beauty Balm.

What do you think?

It’s available now at QVC.com exclusively.

• 8/24/12 3:00 Caroline:

I’m intrigued as a lover of all things Tarte, but I think I’ll wait for some reviews before dropping $30+ on it. And I’m two shades shy of translucent so anything in only three shades is likely to be too dark for me.

• 8/24/12 6:14 Becca @ The Beauty Sample:

oooh I hope they release this at Sephora soon–and I hope there’s a color that matches me!…and I hope it’s oil-free :D

• 8/24/12 10:04 Cj:

Morning muse, how you doing? I had such a horrible day yesterday!

Im wondering if this is their clean slate primer with a tint or a completely new product :/

• 8/24/12 10:21 the Muse:

good morning dear! Aww what’s wrong? :( me too, I’m terribly sick, you gave me your long term cough and cold :-/ I’m not sure, going to test it shortly and let ya know!

• 8/24/12 10:43 Cj:

I had to stay at the office an extra 3 hours cause my assistan made a mistake, then I figure I’d go to the mall for some retail therapy, worked for the first couple stores then when I was in guess, which a huge line behind me the SA tells me my cards been denied. I call up my bank and they tell me it was blocked due to “suspicious activity” which apparently means shoppin at 3 stores right after another. Was on the phone with them for over an hour (all while still at guess lol) and they would not unblock my card untill I threatened to leave the bank. FML

• 8/24/12 10:38 Mariah J.:

I use all 3 Tarte primers, not sure how I feel about this one. But it looks good.

• 8/24/12 15:52 diane:

i def want to get this. it says Q exclusive until 12/31/12 so i am going to *try* and hold out til it’s at Sephora. So sorry you aren’t feeling good girl. Hope u feel better soon <3

• 8/29/12 14:51 Veronica:

Mine arrived today in the light and it’s darker than their foundation in light (which is too dark for me) bummer.

• 8/29/12 14:53 the Muse:

shades are very dark indeed veronica! sorry :(

• 8/29/12 15:01 Veronica:

Ahh it’s okay. I just know most fair girls are going to be so bummed. The girl on QVC was pretty darn fair (Jennifer) so I thought it might work. It truly is dark and yellow. No way I can pull it off. I use their Ivory foundation for reference. So if anyone else sees this and uses that or fair steer clear.

• 8/29/12 15:20 the Muse:

tarte is weird, sometimes their shades are TOO fair and sometimes too dark! at least you can return at not too much out of pocket expense since it’s so light!

• 8/29/12 15:49 Veronica:

That’s a huge plus! Thankfully…. I’m hoping they do come out with a fair shade when they launch on their own site.

• 8/29/12 15:56 the Muse:

Hopefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah, def don’t use their shipping method back, just use the post office, should cost you $3.50 at best! :D

• 9/6/12 12:57 Jeanne C:

Did not like this product at all. Color was orange (I bought the Light) and the texture was thick,pasty and not at all like a primer. The other Tarte primers are nice;don’t know why this is even called a primer,it’s more of a thick foundation,and not a nice one. No,no,no for me.

• 9/6/12 13:03 Jeanne C:

Interesting point about that expensive supplied return label; I used a USPS box for $2.29 and the shipping cost was $2.25 so the total was less than the $6.95 the return label deducts from your refund. One more thing:when I received the product in a padded mailer,the box was nearly crushed;lucky the tube made it! I shipped it back more carefully than “They” mailed it to me.

• 9/6/12 13:18 the Muse:

i always use my own shipping method jeanne, unless it’s for larger products, because $6.95 is absurd! You can def do better than that. mine was crushed on arrival too, don’t feel bad!