Bare Minerals Spark a Trend Palette Holiday 2012

Bare Minerals Spark a Trend Palette

Bare Minerals has quite a few palettes releasing for Holiday 2012. The most recent to catch my eye is the Spark a Trend Palette ($54) which features a Ready Eyeshadow Quad as well as other pressed goodies.

This is an interesting development for Bare Minerals. I’m so used to hauling their loose mineral collections for the Holidays and I actually look forward to them so a new pressed palette kinda floored me. I’m such a creature of habit that change of any kind is cause for an uproar in my life.

What do you think of the Spark a Trend Palette?

Take a look!

This includes a pressed selection of Ready Eyeshadows, a double ended gloss, pressed bronzer, blush, and a double ended brush.

Weird isn’t it?

I’m just terribly used to seeing BE sets that include small loose eyeshadows and blushes. Plus the packaging is typically a little fancier and seems like I got more with the loose sets but that’s an illusion considering thise has four eyeshadows versus getting four small pots of eyeshadow, same difference eh?

Hopefully they do a couple of loose sets as well just to keep me happy!

What do you think?

Love this palette?

Do share!

• 9/25/12 14:04 Sarah S.:

Actually this is exactly the kind of palette I love to see for the holidays – festive packaging that is not bulky, almost a full face, the ease of pressed powders, and no creamy products next to powder products. I could do with some more Too Faced-style whimsy, but this is sleek and elegant enough to bring to my office Holiday party. Not sure about these particular colors because they look sort of every-day to me, though.

• 9/25/12 14:12 Kim:

I was kinda excited at seeing this. I love the ready shadows and prefer this gloss to the other bare minerals glosses (Moxie, etc.) I’m not sure if I’ll purchase tho.

• 9/25/12 14:16 Jen_m_sunshine:

Just saw this online! Are you going to swatch? I am SO tempted as a nice all in one kit AND the lipgloss enclosed so wont mix with powder products. Not sure of the eyecolors tho..

• 9/25/12 14:23 the Muse:

I don’t have one jen sadly and not sure I’m going to indulge, colors look a LITTLE cool for me ;-D

• 9/25/12 15:04 OrangeLipstickBlog:

I can’t pull of eye shadows like that…the colors look too cool for me.

• 9/25/12 19:04 Cindy:

Ditto. I need nice warm browns and golds. Lovely little palette otherwise!

• 9/25/12 17:01 LindaM:

I could say that it would be a great gift but who am I kidding…I would buy it for me!!

• 9/26/12 16:50 the Muse:

lol my mentality with all makeup linda! MINE MINE MINE!

• 9/25/12 21:14 Heather Ashley:

Ordered it but I wish I had the names of the items. I am unable to resist a Ready and in a kit with gold what can I say:)

• 9/26/12 16:47 the Muse:

me too heather, nordstrom was so vague with the names!?

• 9/26/12 7:45 Amber:

I’m actually more than floored. I buy all of the holiday sets every year but I love the loose. From what I understand, there will be multiple palettes this year. I’m not sure I will purchase any of them but I’m pretty sure I won’t purchase all of them. I don’t feel like collecting the ready’s like I do the loose. Color me unhappy :(

• 9/26/12 11:07 the Muse:

amber I felt the same sigh…I really love the loose ones ;-D oh well!

• 9/26/12 8:57 JenJ:

Hmmmm. It’s look nice. Not sure about the blush and bronzer. I like their usually holiday sets as well. I’m sure they’ll have some.

• 9/26/12 11:47 Majick:

I won’t be purchasing this one but I think it’s really nice. It seems like the colors are geared for a smokey eye – basic black, white, and the pink and gold shimmer that can take it to cool or warm. I may be wrong but thats my impression.

I really like the packaging. THe gold matches a lot of the TSV sets that came out last year.

• 9/26/12 12:09 Laura:

OHHH I like it – now if it was just a wee bit cheaper!

• 9/26/12 23:16 Kate:

Cool is the name of my game, so I think BE built this with me in mind. Therefore, I would be rude not to buy it.

• 9/27/12 9:49 the Muse:

lol kate…yes of course, that’s my new excuse for makeup I love…it would be terribly rude if I didn’t buy you!

• 9/27/12 21:33 Anne:

I’m actually excited about this. I collected the loose for a while and I started to lose too much time in the morning. I love the ready and like the idea of the almost full face palettes but I do think this Is a lil too cool toned for me as well. I’d prefer more golden bronzy shades. I think the only cool palette I really like is naked 2.