MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection

MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection

The new MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection for Fall 2012 launches very shortly.

Let’s have a look!

MAC Marilyn Monroe

MAC Marilyn Monrose is a colour collection that channels the legend’s lustre and sex appeal in shades and formulas meticulously Marilyn. Lipsticks in rapturous reds, gleaming Dazzleglass, a dramatic 35 Lash, False Lashes Extreme Black and Eye Shadows in shimmering metallic and diamond tones provide silver-screen allure. The finishing touch: Nail Lacquers destined to be a girl’s best friend and Beauty Powder to evoke that flawless Forever Marilyn.

MAC Marilyn Monrose Large Eye Shadow $21

• How to Marry Soft white (Veluxe Pearl)
  • Preferred Blonde Pale champagne beige (Veluxe Pearl)
  • Silver Screen True silver (Veluxe Pearl)
  • Showgirl Dark blue grey (Veluxe Pearl)

MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection 10

MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection 15

MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection 14

MAC Marilyn Monroe Beauty Powder $28

• Forever Marilyn Sheer pale peach highlighter

MAC Marilyn Monroe Beauty Powder

MAC Marilyn Monroe Powder Blush $22

• Legendary Pale soft coral (Satin)
  • The Perfect Cheek Neutral pink beige (Matte)

MAC Marilyn Monroe Blush

MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection 30

MAC Nail Lacquer $17.50

• Rich, Rich, Rich (Online Exclusive)
  • Glittery gold (Pearl)
  • Vintage Vamp Rich deep retro wine (Cream)
  • Stage Red Dark berry red (Cream)
  • Flaming Rose True Red (Cream)
  • Kid Orange Coral (Cream)

MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection 27

MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection 25

MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection 24

MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection 23

MAC Marilyn Monroe Nail Polish

MAC 35 Lash $16

MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection 12

The MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection launches October 4 at all MAC locations as well as online at maccosmetics.com

What do you think?

I was thinking I’d like to see a Dita Von Teese Collection…is that terribly bad of me?

• 9/18/12 19:15 Cindy:

I’m really excited about this collection, but I’m trying not to get my hopes too far up. I feel like a lot of collections this year from MAC have been kind of a let down. I’m afraid these won’t be on par! Annnnnnd as for a Dita Von Teese collection? Yes yes yes! Oh she’s so stinkin’ beautiful! I love her so so much.

• 9/19/12 9:58 the Muse:

agreed I’ve had more misses than hits from mac this year. god I have the biggest girl crush on her, she’s gorg!

• 9/18/12 19:24 Brigette Ramos:

Yayyy! I’m so excited for this collection. Thanks for sharing…I cannot wait to see your press samples of this collection so I can see which products I actually really want. :)

• 9/19/12 9:42 the Muse:

my pleasure brigette!

• 9/18/12 19:45 renee:

I think i was expecting more? Or something different? Idk but these r all soo nice. Not sure how it would look on my skin tone

• 9/18/12 20:20 Icequeen81:

I want that dark red for sure is matte also

• 9/18/12 21:17 Al:

I’m with you, Muse! I love me some Dita Von Teese!

My little sister is a HUGE Marilyn Monroe fanatic though. I should totally snag a few of these for her.

• 9/19/12 9:16 the Muse:

al I’m sure she’ll LOVE this ;D

• 9/18/12 21:31 GREG’S girl!!!!!:

Muse…….Let me get my coins together!!! This collection is awesome!!!!

• 9/18/12 21:57 Michelle:

Ooh! So looking forward to this! The lipsticks look lovely. :)

• 9/18/12 22:17 EmJay:

While I’d love to have all of it I’d really love it all I’m only going to buy a few things, don’t want to get a bunch of stuff I’d never use. I really want the beauty powder, I have such a weird infatuation with MAC beauty powders. lol

• 9/18/12 23:04 Tinkibell:

I share a birthday with Marilyn so I’ve always had a special place in my heart for all things Marilyn. It’s a running joke in my family because out of my Grandparents 5 children, and 9 grandchildren I am the ONLY blonde in the entire family,and we jokingly say it is because I was born on her birthday! ; )

I am soooo getting a few of these pieces! I’m a neutrals gal and the Preferred Blonde eyeshadow and The Perfect Cheek blush are right up my fair skinned alley!

• 9/19/12 9:52 the Muse:

aw too cute tink! :) blondes have more fun hehe!

• 9/19/12 2:12 D-tan:

All of this looks to die for!!

• 9/19/12 5:23 Lily:

YES! Scarlet Ibis! I missed that when it came out in the Iris Apfel collection. Lucky me! Even though this time around it’s $2 more it’ll be worth it for the lipstick and the homage to Marilyn Monroe!

• 9/19/12 9:21 OrangeLipstickBlog:

I would adore a Dita Von Teese collection!!!

• 9/19/12 12:07 GK:

Very disappointed when I saw this collection, at least 6 colors are repromotes & the rest matches up to a lot of the regular line. The photos are nice & they didn’t use stickers like with Dame Edna. They raised their prices & lowered their standards. Maybe they will have more imagination & respect for Dita.

• 9/19/12 14:40 Ada:

I don’t have any great hopes for this line. It is definetly not geared towards many skin tones in my opinion (save the nail lacquer obviously). I probably won’t bother to buy it.

• 9/19/12 17:44 Eli Caroline:

Kind of let down on this one.

• 9/20/12 0:14 shelly:

Hmm, that’s weird. Yahoo Shine also did an article on this collection, and they says it comes out in stores on Oct 4, but on the Mac website on Sept 27. Here’s a link to the article: http://shine.yahoo.com/beauty/mac-8217-marilyn-monroe-inspired-makeup-collection-see-203200744.html

• 9/20/12 11:07 the Muse:

shelly sometimes it comes out early on site, nothing unusual about that :)

• 9/23/12 16:34 Sandy:

I’m confused…I’ve never gotten anything from a MAC collection before…Is it sold only online on Sept 25th 7-9pm and only in stores on Oct 4th?? Please let me know, I would really like to get some of the Marilyn stuff I LOVE her!

• 9/24/12 10:10 the Muse:

it launches online sept 25th (tentative) and will be available in stores and on counter October 4th.

• 9/21/12 0:00 Majick:

I probably won’t be buying but I wouldn’t say no to any of these items. :)

• 9/21/12 7:26 spygirl79:

I am not going to purchase anything from this collection. I feel like it’s too “safe”. Again, it seems like quite a few cosmetic brands are leaning towards the neutral, classic, and simple. Don’t get me wrong…there is nothing wrong with neutral, classic and simple….but in my humble opinion neutral, classic and simple is too overrated.

• 9/24/12 19:56 Christina:

I love the packaging, but none of the colors are interesting me very much except maybe the blush.

• 9/25/12 23:00 brandy:

OMG I CANT WAIT FOR IT BUT U GIRLS NEED TO BE IN A RUSH BECUZ IT GOING TO BE SOLD OUT FAST U BETTER HAVE YOR RUNING SHOES ON !!!!!!!!! AND I LOVE HER SO MUCH. LOVE BRANDY !

• 9/26/12 1:40 Nicole:

I got the lipstick in “Charmed I’m Sure” at a preview event and it’s a really nice just true red. I didn’t get a chance to see the beauty powder at all so hopefully I can see it when it launches.

I know a lot of people don’t like the packaging, but in person I think it’s really pretty!

• 9/26/12 21:10 dar:

are the eyelashes blonde?

• 9/27/12 21:58 Nikki:

Dita Von Teese has her own makeup collection with Art Deco. As of right now it’s only released overseas, but will be available in the US in the near future.

• 10/4/12 7:42 Rosie in NYC(makeup freak:

I am going to try some of it and Ms. Muse the two red colors looked tres jolie (my french is awful sorry guys.) on you I am now a redhead(light auburn from naturally dark hair) on you how are you my dear <3 :-))so who won the Sephora Gift Card I am stoked and I hope its me but if not it is ok.Love u all Rosie in NYC Who is a make up freak.

• 10/4/12 13:23 the Muse:

aw thank you rosie! I’m great ;-D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3! and you? Sephora Gift Card went to Amy P in Long Island. the winner is listed on the post ;-D! She wrote me on twitter that she picked up the Vice Palette with some of it ;D!