Tarte The Big Thrill Color Collection for Holiday 2012

Tarte The Big Thrill Color Collection Holiday 2012

Sephora is getting their own massive Tarte Set for Holiday 2012 and Ulta also gets one in the form of the Tarte The Big Thrill Palette and Color Collection ($48).

The Big Thrill follows Tarte’s more traditional theme of a “jewelry box”-like packaging and features a selection of products for eyes, lips, and face.

Here’s a look!

Tarte’s Big Thrill Color Collection features three lipglosses, four blushes, and sixteen shades of shadow. I don’t have the names of the blushes or shadow as of yet but will update as it becomes available.

This set is $48 versus the massive Carried Away Set from Sephora.

It’ll be exclusively available at Ulta and Ulta.com

Which do you like more?

The Big Thrill?

Or Carried Away?

• 9/19/12 13:55 Missy:

Wow, that is soo beautiful… both versions are amazing!

• 9/19/12 14:08 Tammie:

Wow this is a great starter set for a teen, got everything she’d need! Or just for a lady who doesn’t like to waste a lot of space on her vanity. Very handy looking.

• 9/19/12 14:10 diane:

in all honestly i was thrilled to be passing on tarte’s holiday stuff at sephora. i do love them but i was hoping to save money and wasn’t super excited. and then u go & post this at ulta and my heart starts to race. its so pretty! i NEED it! i am a sucker for tarte’s jewelry box themed kit. ahhh ;)

• 9/19/12 14:26 the Muse:

teehee tis part of my job to make you lem ;D

• 9/20/12 12:20 diane:

you do your job well! btw this is dianemary126- i totally spazzed out and entered my wrong email on first comment. oopps! ;)

• 9/20/12 13:03 the Muse:

lol d I thought that was you no worries ;D

• 9/19/12 14:12 Kiss & Make-up:

Looks really good, I especially like the shades on the right side of the palette.

• 9/19/12 14:13 Kate:

This one and the bigger one both look like a gateway drug for me.

Tee hee.

• 9/19/12 14:22 JoElla:

Exactly Kate.. Kinda like the bobbi brown QVC TSV’s a few years back. Total gateway drug!

• 9/19/12 14:38 Suselew:

Oh, good grief… I want both Sephora and Ulta sets! Tarte must have heard me complaining about the QVC sets and really brought their A-game for their holiday collections!

• 9/19/12 14:43 Ada:

I want this collection like I want air, water, and shelter. It’s that serious.

• 9/19/12 16:34 Abbey:

ha…this sounds like something I would say to my husband (while he’s rolling his eyes). I feel your pain!

• 9/19/12 14:51 Holly:

Oh my goodness gracious, what is Tarte doing to me?!!!! Wait MUSE this is all YOU; you shouldn’t be posting this!!! LOL. I set my sight on the carried away collector’s set and now THIS?! In a box, organize and everything?!! How am I suppose to pass this UP? UGH the life of a GIRL. Muse, is this collection different from the one that’s going to be launch in Sephora? I know this has more blushes but in terms of eyeshadows – are the shades different from the one in Carried Away? IF SO, I’m in trouble. These are such good deals to pass up.

• 9/19/12 15:18 the Muse:

LOL Holly sorries ;-D I’m not sure, I don’t exactly have shade details yet but I think it is safe to say you’ll probably get different shades in each of the sets…lol uh oh don’t hit me :D!

• 9/19/12 14:59 Agata:

I absolutely love this one! Everything is super wearable. Definitely going on my Christmas wish list!

• 9/19/12 15:40 Tigress:

Me want.

• 9/19/12 15:48 Kim:

Oh no. I want both! How can I decide?

• 9/19/12 16:13 Caitlin:

This one looks nice, but the carried away set is definitely more my style. More eyes, more lips, less blush, no bronzer! Woot!

• 9/19/12 18:32 Hannah:

OMG! I want them both. Ugh… why oh why must they do this. So tempting!

• 9/19/12 20:41 Cindy:

Oh I’m loving the eyeshadow colors!! I really want this, but I was already going to ask santa for the Vice palette… Ah!

• 9/19/12 21:08 monica:

I prefer this than the holiday collection from sephora. I hope exposed is one of the blushes. I can’t wait for you to review on this!!

• 9/19/12 21:48 Jen_M_sunshine:

Why, oh why? I still haven’t even used my tarte call of the wild eye palette but oh, yes this set will be mine! I haven’t tried the tarte blushes…..tend to go with nars but if muse loves me then I NEED to take the jump!

• 9/20/12 13:15 the Muse:

lol jen! I know what you mean! ugh….;-D

• 9/19/12 22:42 Jessica:

was sold on the Carried Away set but now i’m leaning towards this one. will be watching for your swatches and reviews so that i can decide!

• 9/20/12 1:56 kharanya:

OMG I was so hoping to hold on makeup purchases but OMG Tarte is killing me this year! I’d love a review though on the shadows. I love my True Blood Palette, there’s great pigmentation, I wish the jewelry box was as good, since the colours were nicer. I wish I could love their eyeshadows, but man the blush palette is so awesome.

• 9/20/12 2:14 Caro:

GAAAAAAH. I bought the Tarte stuff from Sephora last night and said that’s it, I’m on a no buy! But…but…TARTE KITS! Ok, just one more, I promise! Any idea when it will be available?

• 9/20/12 11:53 the Muse:

October is likely caro ;-D mid or end of! enjoy your haul! I’m so jealous!

• 9/20/12 3:27 Jaz:

GAHHH!! Why are the collections so friggin pretty!! I havent tried Tarte’s eyeshadows , but this would be a great way to try them. #thisiswhyIneedasecondjob

• 9/20/12 11:04 the Muse:

LOL Jaz ;-D I hear ya on the 2nd job!

• 9/20/12 9:37 JenJ:

Hot damn! This is worthy of….*throws gltta*

• 9/20/12 10:41 the Muse:

lol lmao i love you and your glitta!

• 9/20/12 12:12 Harshleen@BeautyTidbits:

I like the Big thrill more…..Want it!

• 9/20/12 12:13 Nina:

You are KILLING me Muse. LOL. I just bought the mini blush set and lip surgence set from Sephora yesterday. I didn’t purchase Sephora’s large Tarte palette because I wasn’t really feeling it, so I was happy to save some money there. Then you go and post this… I collect their blushes and palettes so I have to have this. =)

• 9/20/12 12:29 the Muse:

teehee nina ;-D I sorry *bows head and smirks inwardly having an evil laugh moment* ;-D

• 9/20/12 12:45 Lauren:

That looks really nice. I really like that the glosses are tubes and not those icky pots. I also love Tarte blush. What are their shadows like? I’m very picky about eyeshadow. I like Urban Decay, The Balm, most Too Faced, and some Mac shadows but I can’t stand a lot of other brands. I find Smashbox to not have good pigmentation, for example, and to blend kind of muddy.

• 9/20/12 12:55 the Muse:

lauren there shadows are typically very lightweight, bit sheer, soft formula that blends easily. If you’re used to more WOW from brands like UD, TF, and MAC you might find tarte shadows aren’t your cuppa tea as they don’t have that intense pigment those brands sport, they are more delicate in finish!

• 9/20/12 12:54 Catherine:

I love the eye-shadows colors in the Sephora but die for the blushes on this Ulta one… Man I wish we can mix and match..LOL

• 9/20/12 16:10 Karena:

Wow, the eyeshadow and gloss colors look so much better than the Sephora kit!! Love this one!!! Thanks, Muse!!

• 9/20/12 16:15 the Muse:

my pleasure ;-D <3!

• 9/21/12 1:49 Carrie:

This is the first Tarte kit that I actually want (even the True Blood one did nothing for me and I’m a hardcore Trubie) that being said…I need to wait for swatches. I know Tarte can be hit or miss and especially considering I like the pastel shades…I’m weary.

• 9/21/12 14:06 Taylor:

Here’s the thing: I got the Tarte jewelry box set last year for Christmas and while the packaging was beautiful (mirrored jewelry box), the shadows did not perform as well as I hoped they would. There was not much pigmentation at all! I’m a big fan of Tarte and generally enjoy their products but last year’s product was a letdown in my opinion.

• 9/21/12 14:24 the Muse:

aw sorry taylor, I gotta admit I liked them, I really enjoyed last years, particularly the rose brown shade selection ;-D it created such a pretty look!

• 9/22/12 17:01 Jayme:

Oh my, what is a girl to do. I just ordered from Sephora, but I am in love with the Ulta set too. My husband is gonna kill me. Makeup and nail polish are my addictions. I also just ordered some London Butter. My bank account is melting like butter. lol

• 9/24/12 1:51 Val:

Hi, do you know when will the The Big Thrill Color Collection be available? I have been going to ulta.com to look for it but still can’t find it….thx!

• 9/24/12 9:19 the Muse:

prob beginning or mid October Val :)

• 9/24/12 14:13 Caro:

Next week, according to Tarte’s facebook page (I asked them!) :)

• 9/24/12 1:52 Val:

• 9/24/12 19:52 Christina:

I haven’t tried any of tartes makeup yet, so this is very tempting for me. So glad there is am ulta right by me, might just have to go pick this up!!

• 12/29/12 22:11 Lee:

My husband got this for me because they were sold out of the smashbox palette i wanted. i never tried Tarte before so i was excited….well all i can say is good job baby, i Love this set! The shadows are amazing! They are highly pigmented and blend great! I love that it comes with the highlight and blushes too! The only thing I’m not crazy about is the lipgloss. They smell great but I’m just not crazy about the colors but that’s just me I’m not a fan of colored lipgloss especially when they go on so sheer. On mine the brush in the middle lipgloss is defective and all the bristles are melted together. Other than that I can’t complain about this set!