Urban Decay The Vice Palette Swatches

Urban Decay The Vice Palette x17

Swatches for the Urban Decay Vice Palette ahead kids! Urban Decay the Vice Palette is a new Holiday 2012 Limited Edition Palette that launches later this month.

But the good news is you can order it today ONLY before the official launch. Just head over to Urbandecay.com to snatch one of these bad boys up!

The palette contains twenty exclusive never before seen shades of Urban Decay Eyeshadow.

See swatches after the jump!

Urban Decay The Vice Palette x18

Urban Decay The Vice Palette Swatches 10

Desperation, Muse, and Jagged

Urban Decay The Vice Palette Swatches

Blitz, Penny Lane, and Junkie

Urban Decay The Vice Palette Swatches 16

Laced

My review is upcoming shortly…!

The palette is $59 and launches September 27th at Ulta, Sephora, Macys, and UrbanDecay.com or grab it early today only on Urban Decay’s website!

• 9/15/12 10:08 Suselew:

I just ordered one! Good thing you warned that it’s today because there is nothing on the UD website informing the customer.

• 9/17/12 16:29 the Muse:

aww awesome suse hope you love it update me when it arrives!

• 9/15/12 11:42 Winni:

What is this?! Muse working on a Saturday? Say it ain’t so! Thank you for putting swatches up, girl! I totally appreciate it. This palette looks like a MUST HAVE!!! Eeeeekkkkk!!!!!

• 9/17/12 16:28 the Muse:

LOL I know crazy isn’t it? I wanted to def get swatches live though…I actually scheduled the post on Friday afternoon hehe so it went live saturday ;-D so thankfully didn’t work too much on the weekend ;D!

• 9/18/12 1:23 Winni:

I LOVE that you take weekends off. You’ve got a life, right? Lots of Dr. Who parties and such. :)

• 9/18/12 7:39 the Muse:

girl I don’t blog past 5 during the week and def don’t touch it from friday to monday! sometimes we all need a break hehe! it’s easy to let it take over your life and I over schedule my life to death already so I def need to be careful ;-D! wahooo Doctor Who ;-D I’m such a dork *shakes head*

• 9/18/12 13:57 Winni:

I totally respect you for that!

• 9/18/12 14:09 the Muse:

aw cheers winni! sometimes we all need a little time away from the crazy. as much as I LOVE musings and all of you, I really need some down time away from it when during the evenings and weekends so I schedule all my posts during the day if possible and occasionally I’ll reply to comments if I have a sec via ipad/iphone at night but mostly I just have to take a step away from it and breath sometimes. It’s a lot of work and really don’t want it to take over my entire life ;-D! you know girl, you’re a mom, think of Musings as my child lol! hehe!

• 9/15/12 11:44 Winni:

P.S. They obv named a color after you, and it is gorgeous, of course. and OMG Penny Lane! Peachy/gold duochrome?

• 9/17/12 16:28 the Muse:

LOL one can wish winni ;D! penny lane=GORG!

• 9/15/12 12:11 Amanda Fraijo-Tobin (@FraijoManda):

Ooooh Ahhhh. Thanks for the sneak peek!

• 9/17/12 16:27 the Muse:

my pleasure Amanda ;D

• 9/15/12 12:15 Musebeliever:

This looks soooo pretty ! I definitely want to lay my hands on it.
    It is true that some colours seem like possible dupes of some shades I have, but this palette has a good mix between nude and more crazy colours and not just the crazy and hyper frosty classical UD colours. I might be the perfect palette to travel for me !

Waiting for your review (and for the launch in Europe !!!)
    xoxo

• 9/17/12 16:27 the Muse:

agreed muse, it’s a nice balance of both!!!!!! Reviewed this morning ;-D!

• 9/15/12 12:17 Musebeliever:

Plus there’s a shade called Muse !!! Muse, this palette is for us ! xD

• 9/17/12 16:27 the Muse:

LOL! ;-D agreed!

• 9/15/12 12:29 auroragyps:

Muse, you forgot a swatch of Rapture. Also, you called Echo Beach, Techno Beach. Just so ya know. ;-)

• 9/16/12 5:48 auroragyps:

Ya know, I’ve been thinking that as nice as UD’s shadow palettes are, I’m starting to get tired of them. Besides revamping all of their ES singles (where they did put out ‘new’ colors that were from past palettes, but I don’t remember if there were any totally new colors), the last time they put out new shadows was the Summer of Love collection 2 years ago. They keep putting out 24/7 liner sets too, but they’ve put out a few single liners at the same time. I wish they’d put out some sort of mini lip set for the Holidays, but stop doing the mini polish sets & put out full sizes. I also wish they’d try to do some sort of revamps of some of their old products, at least for the Holidays, like UD40 or the Body Haze sticks.

I guess what I’m saying is a I miss a lot of the old Urban Decay stuff and I wish they’d go back to making some of them, because they were so great & different back then and they could be even better now.

• 9/17/12 16:14 the Muse:

mmm auro I hear ya. sometimes when a brand does too much of a good thing it def becomes tiresome :( I think Summer of Love was actually more than two years ago. Body Haze Sticks omg…old school! lol can I ask would you love to see the body shimmers back? I still have some *blush* I loved how they released a new one every year ;-D

• 9/17/12 22:26 auroragyps:

I don’t know about body shimmers, because I doubt I would use them myself. I had one of their Face Cases (First Date/Pin Up) and it had a body haze in there that was a great shade to use as a blush or shadow. Something like that, like their version of a a NARS Multiple would be cool. I’d love to see them revamp their UD40 too, since it could be used on the body or in your hair. Of course, I still wish they’d come out with the revamped versions of the their Lip Gunks, along with polishes, because I think they have been some of the best lip products that they’ve had (plus, I’m not a big fan of tube glosses, since I think they tend to be more prone to separating).

I guess I miss the old Urban Decay, when it actually was ‘urban’ and kind of ‘decayed’… back when their motto was “Does pink make you puke?” It’s like UD has been mellowing out and other edgy companies have been coming out. Gah, does that mean both UD & I are getting old? ;-)

• 9/18/12 9:19 the Muse:

am I getting old too? hehe…! :) I know what you mean though, there is def less “urban” to it!

• 9/17/12 16:26 the Muse:

yeah long day lol! going to correct that thanks girl!

• 9/15/12 13:17 Hilde:

Of course I JUST bought the Smoked palette yesterday.. Do you think it’s worth having them both? They seem to have very similar shades.

• 9/17/12 16:26 the Muse:

yeah Hilde b/c those are a ton of blackened shades and these are way more vibrant so yeah, sure…! they do have similiar shades though in past palettes as well as singles so if you own a ton of UD already you’ll run across some dupes!

• 9/15/12 14:34 Tiffany Martin:

Cool palette! I’m looking forward to the review ^_^

• 9/15/12 14:40 Eileen:

I’m not sure how to feel about this one! It’s definitely a good deal for the amount of shadows, but I feel like if you have 2-3 of their palettes already then you have almost all of these shades. Yes, they’re technically new colors, but they’re similar to what we’ve seen before. Good first Urban Decay palette for someone looking to get into the brand though.

Any recommendations for a brand that makes good mattes? I’m really drawn to Chaos and Laced but not so sure I want the rest of it.

• 9/17/12 16:24 the Muse:

agreed eileen mentioned in my review there are def an overlap of shades here…! I wish they were shades that were REALLY super new ;-D Mmm yes, Tarte, amazing mattes from them ;-D!

• 9/15/12 14:46 Kiss & Make-up:

Lovely :-)

• 9/15/12 15:38 SJG:

Freebird looks a LOT like their X shadow. Just sayin’…..

• 9/17/12 16:17 the Muse:

sorta but it’s much lighter sjg!

• 9/15/12 16:07 Jenny:

Woo, thanks for swatches! As usual, I like a few shades, but not enough to buy the whole thing. Freebird is the one I like most!

• 9/17/12 16:17 the Muse:

I LOVE freebird jenny ;-D my pleasure glad you enjoyed the swatches!

• 9/15/12 18:35 Charleen:

A post on the weekend! This is a big deal!!! Great swatches :)

• 9/15/12 19:10 K.A:

Awesome pigmentation! I’ll definitely get my hands on this bad boy! pwetty pwetty !!

• 9/15/12 19:48 Liz:

Armour, Desperation, and Laced are my faves! I love how all of the shades are new. It seems like UD listened to people’s complaints about getting multiple copies of the same shades across pallets (cough, half baked, cough).

• 9/17/12 16:16 the Muse:

cough midnight cowboy cough lol!

• 9/15/12 20:12 Angelic Mariposa:

Love it sooooo much!! SWOON!!

• 9/15/12 21:03 Meredith:

Those look gorgeous! This may be the tipping point of me actually getting the palette.
    Though, I’m pretty sure the green is called Junkie, not Jungle.
    But, I can’t wait for your review!

• 9/15/12 21:59 Joni:

Ugh there are like one or two colors I really love but I would never be able to use the rest. Freebird and Laced are so pretty. Hating UD now.

• 9/17/12 16:14 the Muse:

LOVE freebird Joni ;-D good lemming b/c it is gorg!

• 9/16/12 7:18 JenJ:

*drools*

• 9/16/12 8:27 Azuresky:

huh…this does not make me drool like UD smokey palette :P

• 9/16/12 9:51 TwirlyGirly:

So pretty! I love all the colors. But, since my beauty budget is practically non-existent, if I had to choose just ONE item from the UD Holiday Collection, I think I’d be more inclined to try and get the UD Ocho Loco 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil Set. Honestly, I have plenty of eyeshadows (although admittedly NO Urban Decay or any other high end brand shadows), but because of that I think I’d get more use out of the pencils. The 24/7 pencils always get such great reviews; I’m dying to try them!

• 9/17/12 10:34 the Muse:

I don’t blame you girl! that’s a whole hell of a lot of pencil! and a great set, I think UD has a ton of shades that could be easily duped, so the liner set might be a better way to go!

• 9/16/12 10:41 Carlie:

Now cowboy? I’m surprised. And very happy.

I love it, especially Blitz, Penny Lane, and Jungle.

I just ordered it lol

• 9/16/12 12:41 Joanna:

I would have preferred the palette to have an even amount of mattes.

• 9/16/12 15:16 Maria:

OMG! I seriously do not need another eyeshadow paletteā€¦but i freaking have to have this one!!!

• 9/16/12 19:04 Mary the Muse Militant:

Now that is a lot of palette Muse. That shade Muse looks very nice too, like your dear self. Looks like sturdy packaging.

• 9/17/12 10:34 the Muse:

hehe maybe it was named after me!?

• 9/16/12 22:13 Arielle:

Awesome swatches. Thanks! I am sooo getting this. UD IS my vice ;-)

• 9/17/12 10:30 the Muse:

mine too arielle ;-D my pleasure!

• 9/17/12 11:01 Elka:

Like I really need a reason to get a UD Palette… I bought mine online last night because I was lusting hard after I got the email from UD. I am already excited but after seeing your swatches I’m even more excited! I JUST got the Smoked palette last week, kinda wish I didn’t, but I’m sure both will be put to good use.

• 9/17/12 11:09 the Muse:

elka I’m sure you’ll use both, the smoked palette has a ton of blackened shades not featured in this one…!