Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick Swatches

Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick

Wanna see some swatches of the Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipsticks I picked up?

I knew you would!

I went a little crazy with these and hauled seven shades. It was difficult to decide on shades, they all looked amazing! I’ll have a review possibly tomorrow on these but here’s a little briefing…!

These are a full color lipstick however, they name is misleading I think. Suede…hmm I was kinda thinking perhaps matte? But they are actually a very hydrating lipstick kinda a lighter version of Revlon Lip Butter with more shine.

Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Swatches

Cruise, Iconic, Backstage, Supermodel

Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick Swatches

Runway, Fashionista, Socialite

More details upcoming shortly!

Tried ‘em?

Do share!

• 10/11/12 10:28 Jen_m_sunshine:

Awe… MUSE!! What are you doing to me!!!????!! Now I am going to be stalking the stores for these and imagine they will become an obession like the maybelline glosses…where I HAVE to get all the shades I like. I guess I feel justified then when I spend more on my darn eye shadow palettes hehehe

• 10/11/12 10:30 the Muse:

get them get them! ;-D they are awesome!

• 10/16/12 13:31 Jen_m_sunshine:

Muse, Muse,Muse….I am going to stop following your blog as my spending is out of control!!! Just kidding! You know I love ya!

I just bought FOUR of the new revlon lippies at Ulta – at bogo 50% off AND a 20% purchase coupon!!! SCORE! Oh yeah, and I am up to 8 of the maybelline glosses. The drugstore brands haved been rocking it lately!

• 10/16/12 15:23 the Muse:

LOL! ;-D <3! love ya back! believe me I create my own lemmings girl! hey, speaking of sales, 40% off at drugstore.com on ALL makeup! did you see that?! great offer btw on Ulta!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree, those maybelline glosses=AMAZINGZBALLS!

• 10/11/12 10:38 Agata:

Oh, I can’t wait to find them. They look awesome.

• 10/11/12 10:45 Emilee:

I need all of these. Even though my basket of lipstick has gone from, 2 tubes to… OVERFLOWING in the span of 2-3 months. I think I’m gonna run to bed bath and beyond at lunch time and see if they have them yet!

• 10/11/12 10:52 Miss_Silk:

TT I’m bad…..I know i’ll will be picking some up….along with their Photo Ready Primer + Shadow palettes…..

It would be nice if they were a little matte though, because I also did associate the word “suede” with “matte”…they do look glossier but maybe the texture is suede like? O_O

• 10/11/12 10:55 Karrie:

These look great. I’ll have to look for them the next time i’m out.

• 10/11/12 11:55 Sweta:

That’s quiet a teaser;) waiting for the full review..these look stunning:)

• 10/11/12 12:04 isabella:

Miss Muse thanks
    I saw these @ Harmon and held off because I have recently gone nuts with Infallible lip glosses. (Runs back to Harmon later today)

BTW the note I saw on these said available in 2013. do you think that NY/Nj is a test market…anyone else seen these or was the article wrong

Thoughts?

• 10/11/12 12:05 the Muse:

I saw a few blogs in CA that have purchased and reviews so I’m unsure Isabella but ya never know we could be a test market. do get some, they are NICE! if you liked Revlon’s Lip Butter you’ll like these!

• 10/11/12 22:37 Fancyprance:

I’m in Florida, and bought one tonight at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I am loving it so far, and plan to go back for more.

• 10/12/12 9:22 the Muse:

yay! enjoy fancy!

• 10/11/12 12:33 Alisha Badillo:

Awwww man, yesterday I told myself I can not buy any more lip products but these look so tempting!!!!!!!!!

• 10/11/12 12:43 Jea:

How do these compare to the L’oreal Caresse lipsticks? The L’oreal ones look wonderful and I was thinking about picking some up. Should I look for these instead?

• 10/11/12 12:53 the Muse:

hi jea will def compare them in my review, I’m kinda still testing at this point so will def mention comparisons in my review.

• 10/11/12 13:45 K.B.:

I was excited for these until you said they were a lighter version of the lip butters. Of the 5 or so lip butters I’ve tried, two (Raspberry Pie (?) Something with “raspberry” in the name and Cherry Tart) show up on my lips. Pink Truffle is a MLBB shade for me, but Peach Parfait, Cotton Candy (granted, that is one of the lightest shades), and Berry Smoothie are basically sheer on me. And they don’t moisturize at all. I feel like they just sit on my lips. And they cake up so quickly! Different strokes and all that, but it seems like the people who love them vastly outnumber the ones that don’t.

I’ll probably buy “Iconic” anyway. (sighs)

• 10/11/12 16:51 the Muse:

mmm kb you might be disappointed than as these are sheerer, full color yes, but sheerer color…hope that makes sense lol!

• 10/11/12 14:03 Icequeen81:

They are very sheer I don’t understand whyyy, color stay used to have better color payoff and opaque and also matte. i’m disappointed

• 10/11/12 14:10 Kiss & Make-up:

Suede… Oooooh… :-)

• 10/11/12 14:52 Phyrra:

I was assuming they would be matte or nearly matte, kinda disappointing that they aren’t.

• 10/11/12 20:45 Jane:

I only have one color, Supermodel, but it dries to matte on my lips, a very painful, dry matte. I need to wear it with gloss over the top or it’s uncomfortable.

• 10/11/12 15:05 Jenny:

More shine?!? Crazy, I would have thought matte too by the name ‘suede’!

Haven’t seen these yet (Canada…) but they do look interesting – thanks for posting!

• 10/11/12 15:13 Rebecca:

Revlon has totally been rocking in the world of lip products lately!!! Hopefully these newbies will continue the trend!!! Can’t wait to try them :)

• 10/11/12 17:37 JoElla:

aaaaaaaaaargh pooh! My local grocery store had killer 3.00 off coupons that just expired. hopefully they will have them again, when they put these nuggets out.

Rebecca I agree! Revlon seems to be my go to for lips now.

• 10/11/12 18:20 Mitheena:

Haha after reading this post I must get them all!!

• 10/11/12 21:25 Melinda:

OMG, they are beautiful!

• 10/11/12 22:54 Hannah:

Thanks for swatching! I spotted these at bed, bath & beyond but didn’t purchase. I think
    I changed my mind and might get some!

• 10/12/12 9:21 the Muse:

my pleasure hannah ;D

• 10/12/12 2:05 rebecca:

I was really hoping for matte with “suede” in the title :( I may pick up one or two to try, though.

• 10/12/12 3:27 Naie:

If these are matte, I’ve got a few castles to sell you…they look more like sheer balms than anything. Fine with me, I don’t need any more temptations :D

• 10/12/12 19:07 Darkeyedfran:

I just bought two of these and they dry down on lips to a Matte finish! They are long lasting and not so horribly sticky like the color stay liquid lipstick! These are buildable, you can get really full coverage. Just wanted to clarify incase anyone sees these this weekend! Found mine at Ulta in San Antonio, Texas.

• 10/13/12 2:12 cat:

I love that you went for darker shades. Can’t wait for lip swatches.

• 10/30/12 20:22 stephanie:

I have supermodel and it goes on smoothly with good color payoff, but dries to an almost matte (suede?) finish. Definitely need a gloss or balm on top for moisture. Might have to try some others to see if they have the same finish and color payoff. Love those lip butters and balm stains by revlon. Have almost all of the lip butters and all of the balm stains, except maybe 1. I’m a lip product addict! Well, a makeup addict, but mostly lip. :)

• 3/24/13 21:39 osaggie:

These are the best lipstick product by Revlon in ages as far as great lasting power goes. I’m nuts about Runway #015 for every day beige, Catwalk #065 for amped up (more red) definition, and Fashionista #080 for an intense evening red. I have boxes of lipsticks that will be retired now (yeah, yeah, that’s what I always tell myself). So happy to know I’m not the only profligate lipstick junkie in this crazy world. Few things make me happier than shades that work — that is, make me look really good!