L’Oreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow Spring 2013

LOreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow Spring 2013

L’Oreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quads ($5.79) are not new to you as I showed you a little sneak peek of them some weeks ago. If you’re in the UK or certain parts of Europe you might have already had the pleasure of trying these out as they launched a month or so ago abroad.

I’m unsure if you want to call these a Winter 2012 Collection or a Spring 2013 one. I’m leaning towards Spring 2013 myself. I recently came across a display of these at my local Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Here’s a little sneak peek!

These were available in six shade selections. I grabbed two warmer palettes. I haven’t technically tried them yet but they don’t look terribly impressive to me. I find the gold packaging a little vintage and a step back from what L’Oreal has been doing lately. But you never know, they might just knock my socks clean off.

LOreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow So Over It

LOreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow Rose for Romance

Each palette was $5.79 each and contains four shades of shadow for shading, contouring, highlighting and lining. There’s a mini diagram on the back with brief instructions for use.

LOreal Colour Riche EyeShadow Spring 2013

LOreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quads

LOreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow Palettes

Most of the shade selection leans towards warmer colors but there are a few bolder selections like aqua and a bright buttery yellow gold.

Hopefully these turn into something incredible.

Review is upcoming soon.

If you tried them I’d love to hear your thoughts!

• 11/19/12 10:17 Kiss & Make-up:

I was actually thinking about buying one of these palettes when I was at Inno this morning. In the end I decided to leave it, though. Not because I wasn’t convinced enough, but I really need to save some money :-) I look forward to a review!

• 11/19/12 10:38 HapaGirl:

Excited for these! For $5, who knows? Looking forward to your review, Muse! :)

• 11/19/12 10:44 the Muse:

I’m hoping they turn out good hapa ;D

• 11/19/12 11:12 susan kidwell:

L’oreal eyeshadows are almost always a big disappointment in recent years (except for Infalliables) so I’m not getting my hopes up!

• 11/19/12 11:27 amy:

I’m loving the packaging; I just hope the formula got a revamp, too. While I *love* the singles & duos, the quads usually miss the mark.

• 11/19/12 12:45 Tiffany Martin:

I haven’t tried these yet but I’ve seen a lot of hype so far so maybe they rock. Looking forward to some reviews

• 11/19/12 13:09 Tammie:

Curious about the one w/o the gold you got, I think if any I’d get that one since that color combo is calling to me. I hope they turn out to be ok, I would like a nice little eyeshadow treat when I find the display.

I am also anticipating the lip gloss in that collection that I am hearing is a YSL glossy stain dupe.

• 11/19/12 13:14 OrangeLipstickBlog:

Haha, the model’s eye look is a little too cray-cray for me!

• 11/19/12 14:14 Jo:

The design of the palettes looks more modern over here in the UK but I’ve found them to lack colour pay off. Your pictures look like they might be smoother and less dry than ours :(

• 11/19/12 14:26 the Muse:

jo I noticed your packaging was way nicer….ours looks a little dated! I didn’t try the ones from the UK yet, which is a surprise as I’m typically right on the release, but I’m hoping these prove nicer! I’m glad you told yours are dry ;-D saves me the trouble of asking a friend to purchase them for me!

• 11/19/12 18:13 Jess:

The packaging is so 80s. I swear my mom has stuff that looks just like this in her collection.

• 11/20/12 9:52 Christina:

Hi Muse! I bought a few of these at my nearby Harmon’s yesterday. For the price — plus a Bed, Bath & Beyond coupon — I figured what the heck. With the exception of the Infallible eyeshadows which I love, love, love, L’Oreal is usually disappointing. But I have tried one quad so far (#313 Neon Skirt) and it’s better than the old L’Oreal quads — but still not as good as the Infallibles. It kind of reminds me of some of the Hip shadows, maybe because of the brightness of this particular pallette.

• 11/20/12 10:07 the Muse:

hey christina thanks for sharing!!!!!! I haven’t tried them yet but kinda firgured they weren’t all that amazing :( oh well! at least you mentioned HIP, I liked the HIP line well enough so perhaps I’ll be ok with these ;D

• 11/21/12 3:39 Quinctia:

The lightest shades look so SAMEY across the palette. That upper left one, with the bolds…they’d have sold it to me if it had for bold colors. I’ve got more light neutral highlight colors than I could possible go through in my LIFE.

The gold packaging looks kind of nice with the coloring of the two palettes you picked, too! :)