MAC Grey Friday for Holiday 2012

MAC Grey Friday

It’s not black, it’s grey, MAC Grey Friday to be exactly. To celebrate the busiest shopping day of the year MAC Grey Friday will launch on Black Friday, November 23rd.

Take a look!

I dunno if grey is your bag dear but if you love black and grey with silver shimmer than the MAC Grey Friday Lipstick should appear ($15) and if a silver suede pearl appeals you can paint tips with MAC Grey Friday Nail Lacquer ($16).

I think perhaps an eyeshadow in the shade might have been more fitting as I’m unsure how many want to run around town in this shade of grey for the Holidays. Tips yes, lips, well, not so much.

MAC Grey Friday Lipstick

MAC Grey Friday Nail Lacquer

But there are no wrongs in makeup land….!

Both can be yours on black Friday, November 23rd at only at the MAC Times Square Store or online at www.maccosmetics.com

Thoughts on grey lipstick?

Do share them!

• 11/12/12 10:05 Renee:

Halloween yes..xmas…uh no

• 11/12/12 10:06 the Muse:

*nods* agreed!

• 11/13/12 11:38 amy:

For some, *everyday* is Halloween…

• 11/13/12 15:31 18thCenturyFox:

And to them I say “You’re one of my kind…”

• 11/12/12 10:13 amy:

This is actually the first MAC lipstick I’ve wanted in 5 years…

• 11/12/12 10:22 K.B.:

Muse, gray is TOTALLY my Christmas shade! Red is so cliched.

Just kidding! I’m a little horrified by the thought of gray lipstick (which makes me think of gray icing. lol), but I’m also super boring when it comes to makeup. I do like watching other people come up with colorful looks, though.

I told myself that I wasn’t going to jack one of your blog posts again, but I finished “Leave Me Breathless” on Friday, and while I’m into Ghost and Macy, I’m also emotionally exhausted from their drama. I know I shouldn’t talk about them like they’re real people, but oh well. I’m also a little annoyed because after reading what Cherrie Lynn did to Candace in this book, I don’t want a sequel to “Leave Me Breathless,” because I like Macy as a character more in this book than I liked Candace in “Rock Me.”

I’m feeling very conflicted, and I think I need to go back and re-read it. (evil grin)

• 11/12/12 10:39 the Muse:

I totally read that kb and thought you were serious lol! I am too..I guess to each his/her own though ;-D I finished it too, last night/early this morning lol! I got home last night around 7:30 and proceeded to read it complete through….! Needless to say I went to bed a little too late. I loved G&M, they are rich characters but yeah, there drama was borderline insane. The running in circles really exhausted me. Both of them were so scared to take a chance, both were distrustful of the other, etc if anything at all much of the blame is Macy. She was just so bloody complex..Ghost was a little more laid back and wanted the relationship to work but Macy was “OMGZ I can’t be involved with you…we are so different yada yada yada…” It got on my nerves, Macy got on my nerves actually after a while. And yeah Candace, in your last comment you made a very valid point, she’s become “that girl in a relationship” gag me! I gotta admit I do hate she never gives anyone a happily ever after…but I guess it’s more “real life” this way. LOL I wish I had time for a re-read, no such luck, maybe over winter/holiday break ;D!

• 11/12/12 11:37 K.B.:

What killed me about Macy is that she was all “OMG! I want to get married SOMEDAY and I can’t be with someone who doesn’t know for a fact that they want to get married and I want the perfect life.” All I could think was “Slow your roll, girl. You’re 25. Are there really women in 2012 who are afraid of spinsterhood at TWENTY-FIVE?!” I’m closing in on 30 and I’m in no more rush to get married than I was at 16. I’m tempted to go hang around the tattoo parlors in my town so I can find a Ghost (or a Brian). lol

Every time I read a reference to Candace’s parents still not liking Brian was like “uh, maybe that’s because she went from ink free to 3 tattoos and a navel piercing in less than year.” And she’s already antsy about getting married, too? I guess Cherrie has more readers who want the characters to make a lifelong commitment ASAP, but I personally can’t root for two crazy kids to make it if I’m too busy thinking about how crazy they are for wanting to get engaged so soon into their relationship.

I need to take a breath. lol I actually have no time to re-read it, either, because I have a whole stack of books (electronic AND “real”) to get to. I’m very lucky that the two biggest stressors in my life are which B&BW candle to burn and which book to read. ;)

• 11/12/12 12:41 the Muse:

but it came out of no where because she was all, let’s keep this emotionless….suddenly she was all about marriage, just was really wishy washy with what she wanted and didn’t want. I totally hear you about marriage, I am in no way ready for marriage ;-D too grown up for me lol! don’t forget the nipple piercings! LOL! I’m more of a mush to be honest and wanted a happily ever after for them. It is a book after all so I wouldn’t mind too much of they made some sort of promise to one another…! ;-D I wish I could start on my “to be read” pile but with the holidays creeping up I know I’ll NEVER have the time boo!

• 11/12/12 10:35 BLee:

Im looking for someone to have this on 1st to make a no or a go. Neutral for the lips with some wild colorful eyes???

• 11/12/12 10:36 Ruth:

ummm, er, no. but the polish is really pretty

• 11/12/12 10:57 Janet:

Surely this is the lip color for the Zombie Apocalypse?

• 11/12/12 11:03 the Muse:

lol janet just abouts!

• 11/12/12 11:02 Kiss & Make-up:

Nope, neither of these products are doing it for me. Especially not the lipstick.

• 11/12/12 11:09 Cj:

Gooooooooood morning!!! How ya doing? Get your ipad mini yet :P? I’m seriously this close to ordering one lol

I like the nail polish but I’m with you lol who would walk outside with grey lips .___.

• 11/13/12 10:36 the Muse:

I have it in my greedy hands you needs one cj ;-D hehehehehehe! I actually love it more than I thought I would. It’s so much more lighter to tote around with me…same here, def not into grey lips!

• 11/13/12 11:32 amy:

I would, for one. I find this *much* more wearable than, say, Candy Yum Yum or Show Orchid. I think this would pair beautifully with Starless Night or Deceit pigments. Or NARS Eurydice. The more I think about what this would play nicely with, the more I want it (and I absolutely *hate* MAC lipstick formulas, and will only buy them if the color is absolutely amazing, which this is).

• 11/13/12 15:33 18thCenturyFox:

Ohmahgerd! *I* would.

• 11/12/12 12:28 Phyrra:

i like the looks of both, but won’t indulge.

• 11/12/12 15:48 Cindy:

I’ve been embracing the dark dark vampy lip for Fall/winter, but I dunno about grey. That would be a hard one to pull off. Is this LE?

• 11/12/12 16:00 the Muse:

this is LE cindy ;-D

• 11/12/12 15:59 Jordi:

I wonder if this would work anything like the Estee Lauder gunmetal luminizer lipstick, which is quite amazing. Layering possibilities, anyone?

• 11/12/12 16:34 Lauren:

I’m curious about what this would look like on the lips. I am a bit wary, though, of odd colors on the lips.

• 11/12/12 16:40 Kathryn:

Maybe this will be like the grey layering lipstick in the Rimmel Kate collection.

• 11/13/12 11:35 amy:

Thanks for the heads-up on Rimmel! I had no idea there was a grey in the collection. I’ll have to look for that, today.

• 11/12/12 20:00 LINDARRAGNAR:

Grey is my favourite color but OMG seriously, grey is a great contour colour, eyeshadow, nail polish, NOT a lipstick!!

lol I bet it applies very sheerly but still what a waste!!!

• 11/13/12 15:38 18thCenturyFox:

A waste for whom? There’s obviously some who will buy it or it wouldn’t be in production. I think bronzer and self tanning is a waste but I understand some love it. Does one need to resort to The Heathers here? Variety is what makes life interesting.

• 11/13/12 16:27 amy:

I couldn’t have said it better.

• 11/12/12 20:20 breyerchic04:

Remember last year they released Black Knight or something like that on Black Friday. Neither are wearable but I’m glad for decent quality blacks and goth colors existing.

• 11/12/12 22:58 Al:

Umm…I actually really want this! :)

I like wierd stuff. I totally dug that Ruffian Gold they released months back…

• 11/13/12 0:16 18thCenturyFox:

Well and there was a time that Chanel Vamp was a risqué lip shade. When black nail polish was only for goth kids. UD Frostbite rocked the Casbah back in the day, and I’m totally willing and able to still bring it. Bring on Grey Friday! It’s colors like Pervette that terrify me :(

• 11/13/12 14:32 riley:

Perhaps its sheer? Made to give berry colors a bit of demmension? I dont care im getting it! To intresting not to get!

• 11/13/12 21:34 Dia:

I want that lipstick so bad, just for the hell of it. Flawless skin, sculpted brows, bare lids, major lashes, full grey lips. That’s how I’d do it.