New Gorilla Perfumes Holiday/Winter 2012

New Gorilla Fragrances Gorilla Perfumes

I’ve been eagerly awaiting news of a Lush Forum Fragrance Collection but looks like the New Gorilla Perfumes take the spotlight this Holiday Season!

Lush has introduced nine new fragrances to their Gorilla Perfume Collection for Holiday/Winter 2012. An exciting release if ever I did see one however, I’m a little worried this means they might not do a Forum Fragrance Collection like years past because of this bigger launch…!

Keep your fingers crossed ladies (and lads), hopefully that won’t be the case.

For now, let’s have a look at these new Gorilla Perfumes!

Devil’s Nightcap
Oak moss, clary sage and ylang ylang.

Gorilla Perfume Devils Nightcap

Euphoria
Clary sage, grapefruit, lime and neroli.

Gorilla Perfume Euphoria

Flower’s Barrow
Sage and thyme, as well as geranium and blackcurrant.

Gorilla Perfume Flowers Barrow

Furze
A lovely lick of vanilla, custardy, drawn across the back of a wooden spoon.

Gorilla Perfume Furze

Hellstone
Vetivert, cumin and beeswax.

Gorilla Perfume Hellstone

Sikkim Girls
Frangipani with vanilla and tuberose and jasmine absolute.

Gorilla Perfume Sikkim Girls

Sun
Orange, tangerine and sandalwood.

Gorilla Perfume Sun

The Bug
Galbanum and black pepper.

Gorilla Perfume The Bug

The Voice of Reason
French Gitane cigarettes and espresso with sandalwood and the tonka bean.

Gorilla Perfume The Voice of Reason

Along with the fragrances they’ll be a launch of new canned incenses.

Jasmine Revolution Incense
Jasmine Absolute, Ylang Ylang Absolute, Incense.

Gorilla Jasmine Revolution Incense

Lavender Hill Mob Incense
Organic Lavender Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Incense

Gorilla Lavender Hill Mob Incense

There’s definitely a nod to hippie in this launch but don’t let it fool you as there are some unique scents here that are worth exploring. I already have at least three on my list for ordering.

The fragrances come in six different sizes and range in price from £10-65. I do have an issue with the bottles as you can see below the sizes and shapes. Noticed the issue? No spritzer which translates as no likey for me. It’s too messy to splash perfume on! I appreciate the old, vintage style alchemy bottles but I really do need a spritzer to enjoy these. Meh….

These are available now on the Lush UK site and hopefully with launch at Lush NA soon.

Any scents you think might be great?

Any Gorilla scents you currently love and use?

Do share!

• 11/12/12 12:52 Tohnia:

The Sun scent sounds promising! I love the scent of Sandalwood. It reminds me of being in temple for Chinese New Year as a child. Its always been a scent of comfort for me. Euphoria and Voice of Reason sound good also!

• 11/12/12 13:45 breyerchic04:

I don’t know what Frangipani smells like, but the name is in our school song and there’s a room in the student union called that, so I may grab it.

• 11/12/12 14:13 Kiss & Make-up:

Oh my, doesn’t this look good? :-O I’m very intrigued by Sikkim Girls… sounds like a scent I’d love :-)

• 11/12/12 15:08 Tracey:

That’s the one that caught my eye! I wonder if they’ll be in store to test?

• 11/12/12 17:10 Marta:

My pros: love the variety of sizes, and scents. I love that the notes are strong, many and original, most Gorilla perfumes are lovely but simple, and except for Love I haven’t really like the complex ones. I still don’t know what The Smell of Weather Turning is supposed to smell like, 2 of my samples were very different! And I am not talking to The Smell of Freedom, which is madness in a vial.
    Cons: Sikkim girls sounds lovely but I would have to smell it first as strong jasmine is a nono for me (try making jasmine scented soap for 5 days straight and you’ll hate it too) and the other one I’d like, Sun, sounds very familiar to Karma. I already have it, and I can smell the orange and sandalwood noticeably, so I think splurging on something so similar would be like episode 5 of Dr Who this season.

• 11/12/12 19:32 Cat:

I think I’ll pass on these until I can try them in store, or just forgo them completely. I love Lush, so so much, but I’m still holding a grudge against the last Gorilla perfume I ordered online from them – Superworld Unknown was described as “Candyfloss and sparkling bubbles” with an “impish combination of citrus notes and chocolate” ….and when it arrived it stunk of grass, pine needles and cheap air freshener. Gave it to the manfriend, even he didn’t want it!

I’d love to give Furze a go, but because of that I think I’ll wait to check if it does actually smell anything like vanilla.

• 11/12/12 19:33 Cat:

Though, I must say, I love love LOVE the packaging on these!

• 11/13/12 10:33 the Muse:

i admit I like superworld unknown, it smells very good on me but…you’re right…candyfloss and sparkling bubbles it is not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 11/13/12 18:25 Cat:

Apparently they reformulated it pretty recently and the new ones ( I think the one I have)smell very different, so maybe it’s that? I was expecting some kind of incredible Snow Fairy/Vanillary combo, maybe my expectations were too high ): Ah well! Will look forward to any possible reviews from this range from you.

• 11/13/12 21:18 Iris:

I want to try Hellstone, Devil’s Nightcap, The Bug, and Flower’s Barrow so badly. They all sound so fabulous.