Tarte Swatch Station

Here’s a rather fun idea from Tarte, a Swatch Station! Tarte’s swatched their entire Holiday 2012 Collection, videoed it, and slapped it up on youTube for your reference.

I dunno how old you are but the videos kinda reminded me of Braingames which used to be on HBO many years ago. I had visions of Safari Solitaire as they were swatching.

I’ve become the type of person that can’t really watch my favorite guru videos as I really want them to get to the point. And sometimes it turns into a life story rather than a review. Since I’m so crazy busy I sometimes can’t sit through a 10-15 minute review to get to swatches so these videos are kinda awesome. Festive music, quick view of the product, and swatches. Boom! Done in under a minute.

Thanks Tarte!

I likey!

Hopefully they’ll continue with the Swatch Station for the new seasonal releases ahead. It could prove very helpful!

Thoughts?

Do you like the idea of a swatch video?

Prefer seeing photos?

Do share!

• 11/16/12 11:08 Amy Amethyst:

I so agree about getting impatient about watching youtube videos. I’m usually yelling at them to get to the good parts already! I really like photo swatches better. I hardly ever watch vids anymore.

• 11/16/12 11:45 Littlecreek:

That was pretty sweet actually. I don’t base purchases on promo photos. The colors are usually off. I either go to the store to see it for myself or search for swatches (that’s how I found you!). So videos like this are great!

• 11/16/12 12:12 Tiffany Martin:

I like the idea. It’s more info, and the more info the easier it is to make decisions on what to buy. Less remorse!

I’m like you, Muse, I hate sitting through too long of videos. Ugh.

• 11/16/12 12:40 the Muse:

lol tiffany totes! I sit there and I’m like please jebus I don’t need to know your BF took you to dinner last night and your best friend is pregnant just get to the SWATCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no but seriously, I actually love how personal youtubers are and I enjoy following them but I just don’t have the time to sit through a very long video without only a few minutes concentrating on the review/swatches. I need to be up and out ;D

• 11/20/12 13:25 Tiffany Martin:

Yeah, I feel the same way. Maybe it’s a little bad to be like “come on, what about the product?” but I dunno, a lot of youtubers have separate channels for their personal updates and their beauty videos. I like it when they do that because sometimes I’m a big fan and I want all the info on their favorite place to eat out and sometimes I just want to get right to the product (;

• 11/20/12 16:53 the Muse:

totally relate! def like following their other channels just don’t want to hear about in their beauty ones lol! little stuff is ok but when they go into LONG stories I lose patience ;D

• 11/16/12 12:38 susan k:

I’m with you Muse! I can’t sit through those videos anymore. Its feels like folks ramble on and on. I like to read reviews more than watch anyway.

• 11/16/12 13:42 the Muse:

i tend to read too susan I used to watch vids but I was never completely into them! I’m more a blog reader.

• 11/16/12 12:49 Kiss & Make-up:

Lol, I’m so with you on the beauty guru part! I’m always like: “Come oooon, just get to the actual swatching/reviewing!” :-)

• 11/16/12 13:41 the Muse:

hehehehe! they prob say the same about me, I chat an ear off in some of my silly reviews ;-D

• 11/16/12 12:51 BLee:

I like the swatches and I like to see different ways old and new…but ya don’t need all the yappy yap. lol :D

• 11/16/12 13:41 the Muse:

lol ;-D yeah me too…sometimes I get too busy to have to listen to it!

• 11/16/12 14:27 OrangeLipstickBlog:

Ugh, my least favorite thing is when they say derogatory things about themselves OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Like, “Omg, the lighting is so bad and I can’t figure it out.” And then 40 seconds later they’re like, “Ugh, the lighting is just so terrible.” And then they tell you 13 more times how awful the lighting is. It’s ok! Just show me stuff!

But yeah, I adore the concept of these videos! How do I get a job at Sephora where I can film swatch videos all day?! Lol.

• 11/16/12 14:28 the Muse:

i never noticed that but can I just say my lightening is really bad, totally serious! hehe I want that job too!

• 11/16/12 14:27 OrangeLipstickBlog:

Not sure why I type Sephora – I mean Tarte, duh!

• 11/16/12 14:53 the Muse:

no worries lol I knew whatcha meant!

• 11/16/12 15:26 OrangeLipstickBlog:

Hahaha! I don’t mind if people say it once but over and over is ridiculous. And noooo, your lighting is fine! I always think your swatches look really nice.

• 11/16/12 16:05 the Muse:

i really appreciate that but man I suck at photographer ;-D hopefully it gets better, just ordered a new light tent…my old light box just has too harsh a light and it drowns everything out!

• 11/17/12 8:18 Joan:

This is really neat! Hope they expand the swatch station to more of their products. I know what you mean about watching the garu videos and waiting to see the actual swatching. The Illamasqua website has snippet videos of their products. Not really great quality, though.

• 11/19/12 15:38 Angel:

I’m with you Muse. I mute all of those YouTube reviews, I just can’t handle it. And I skip ahead too. The worst ones sit there and yammer on for minutes before they even hold up the damn product. And lighting is your best friend swatchers! So many swatches out there that look like they were taken at midnight in a dimly lit closet ;)

Ok, end of rant ha ha ha!

• 11/19/12 15:52 the Muse:

ha I hear you angel! sometimes I watch a guru and they go off on an entire life story…it can be cool especially when you want to know/learn more info about the person you follow but I have so little time to waste sometimes it turns into me muttering under my breath, “Get to the damn swatches!’ :-D yeah :( I’m not a great photographer myself and totally know what you mean! always trying to improve my photos!

• 11/19/12 17:52 Angel:

You do a great job with swatches! That’s why I read you every day!!! Xoxo

• 11/20/12 9:37 the Muse:

aw thanks angel <3!!!!!!!!!!!