Almay Smart Shade Mousse Makeup for Spring 2013

Almay Smart Shade Mousse Foundation

I told you a little about Almay Smart Shade Mousse Makeup yesterday. This is a new foundation that Almay has released in four shade selection that has a self adjusting formula which becomes your “perfect” shade after application.

“Mousse” makeup had me thinking whipped, creamy, and more along the lines of Revlon’s Colorstay Whipped Foundation released several months ago but actually this formula seems a little different.

As you can see this is an off white shade with a thick, dense formula. I wouldn’t call it mousse in texture but more of a dense cream foundation. I’m happy about that as I wasn’t particularly fond of Revlon’s version.

The off white shade has tiny capsules of color which burst as you apply the cream. This in turns results in those pigment capsules creating a “perfect” self adjusted shade. If it actually works remains to be seen as I haven’t really tried it as of yet. Count me curious though.

Almay Smart Shade Mousse Makeup

This was $9.99 at the Harmons I purchased it at.

I’ll post a review soonish.

What do you think?

Want to try it?

Not interested?

Do share!

• 12/4/12 9:54 Cj:

I see that’s the makeup they use for the zombies on the walking dead :p

• 12/4/12 10:03 the Muse:

lol possibly ;D

• 12/4/12 13:45 Danii:

There’s a chane I could work with them, and if that’s the case, I’m stocking up!XD I’m thinking they have support from Kryolan, Ben Nye, etc. Oh how wonderful it would be to know the products!

• 12/4/12 9:56 Debster:

The colour adjusting products all scare me since I’ve never had one adjust to my missha#13 skin. They always make me look like an Oompa. It really isn’t that flattering.

• 12/4/12 10:11 the Muse:

same issue here…they always go orange on me, happened with josie maran’s color match foundation :-/

• 12/4/12 23:36 Ruthless:

I find none of the self adjusting schtick products work with a primer, which is essential to me since I have oily skin

• 12/5/12 2:00 Debster:

I can’t live without a primer!!!

• 12/4/12 10:33 Mandi:

I’m intrigued, that’s for sure.

• 12/4/12 11:26 Ruth:

*pokes at it with finger*

• 12/4/12 11:43 the Muse:

lick it…!

• 12/4/12 12:53 Ruth:

*licks finger* BlerchblurgjaljdoyiB!!!

• 12/4/12 13:07 the Muse:

lol

• 12/4/12 11:28 BLee:

Ill wait to see what you think. I have skin tone issues so the thought of self adjusting is a bit odd for me to try. Im like what color would I end up at? LOL

• 12/4/12 11:32 Twirishlady:

This sounds interesting! Can’t wait to see what you think.

• 12/4/12 15:29 Hillarie:

I personally wouldn’t go near it without being able to test it first. My skin is far too pale for most foundations and the guessing game has gotten old (which is why I appreciate the concept of skin-adjusting foundations, but the original Almay Smart Shade is too dark for me).

• 12/5/12 7:20 Jen:

Same here :/ I actually almost need the color that’s shown right in the pot. That being said, I’m probably going to invest in a really nice BB cream.

• 12/6/12 20:19 lara / the glossarie.:

dying to try this one! it’s hot on my list

• 12/26/12 11:02 Kellee:

I purchased this the day before Christmas, FYI-13.99 @ Walgreens…ugh! I was a bit skeptical due to the the other mousse product mentioned in a previous post, HOWEVER, I LOVE THIS!! I use primer and it works great. It is an ashy white in the jar and I thought ha Yeah right, this is not going to work, but it does. Glides on smooth and it only takes a small amount. I usually only buy my foundation from high end stores, but I just may be switching to this for good!