L’Oreal Magic De-Crease Eyeshadow Primer for Spring 2013

LOreal Magic De Crease Eyeshadow Primer Spring 2013

L’Oreal Magic De-Crease Eyeshadow Base is a new eyeshadow primer for Spring 2013 that’s featured on a display with the new L’Oreal Color Riche Quads.

Now L’Oreal De-Crease Base has been around a while and I think it was discontinued? I never tried it technically so I don’t know a ton about it.

LOreal Magic De Crease Eyeshadow Primer

I believe L’Oreal Magic De-Crease is simply newly packaged but same formula as the original. It is marketed as new though as it has new packaging and features a prominent spot in displays with the new Color Riche Quads released for Spring.

I picked one up recently at CVS to try out since I never tried the original.

I’ll review it soon!

If you tried the original I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Also…what do you think of the Color Riche Quads so far? I disliked them. They were too frosty. But I’ve been reading some raving reviews so I was curious about what you thought!

• 12/27/12 12:07 Cj:

Hey, totally off topic but did you see bobbi brown redid her tinted eye brighteners? I already ordered mine from Nordies :D!

• 12/27/12 12:09 the Muse:

ahahahahaah was going to blog them in two secs ;-D only the greatest minds thinking a like! I have the pens so I didn’t bother indulging! ;-D

• 12/27/12 12:43 Cj:

Ha! So true :) please tell me you like them and I didn’t just waste $30?? :P

• 12/27/12 12:45 the Muse:

mm kinda on the fence. they are nice….! but they are sheer. they brighten up well but don’t conceal. if you don’t need a ton of concealer under your eyes, they’ll do great to brighten the area up!

• 12/27/12 12:20 amy:

I hope these are actually different than the previous incarnation. I bought the previous one on clearance a few years back, and I think I would have liked them more if I hadn’t already tried UDPP & Kat von D (HG, by the way); the L’Oreal did make my shadow stay on longer, especially creams/pencils, but it didn’t make the colors pop. As for creasing, I don’t have an issue with that, even without primer, so I can’t say whether it’s good for that.

• 12/27/12 12:55 JoElla:

Amy I agree. When I bought mine, it was my first time for an eye primer. I think it was a good way to see if I would like eye primers, but don’t remember it being anything close to HG status.

I think I did have some creasing with the older version, but fell in love with the Elf trio pack of eye primers. I have UD and Lorac waiting in the wings to play with from kits of theirs.

I hope the new L’oreal one is good, I would love to have a drug store version that is readily availible.

• 12/27/12 13:20 amy:

I’ve only tried the “plain” e.l.f. one, and it’s not bad; my only issue is that none of my “usual” Target locations carry the brand. Revlon has an eye primer, as well, but it’s pretty pricey (I think around $13), so I’d rather spend a few bucks more for KvD (which I absolutely adore @ $15); the only issue I have with it is the scent (like Revlon ColorStay foundation), and I get too much producct on the applicator (but I use a brush, anyway, and the packaging is changing to a tube). I’m *addicted* to eyeshadow primers, so I’ll probably check this one out, plus I love L’Oreal as a whole; hopefully, it’s not too expensive…

• 12/27/12 13:15 Christina:

Hi Muse! Yep, I use the L’Oreal De-Crease primer and like it. Years ago, when it first came out, I bought it and was disappointed. However, I either got a “bad” one or they reformulated it, because I had a coupon so I thought I’d give it another chance and voila! Liked it a whole lot better than the first go-round. Been using it since but I am looking forward to picking up the newest incarnation when I see it in the stores.

• 12/27/12 15:11 the Muse:

christina sounds promising ;-D unsure if this is the same product hmmm!

• 12/27/12 20:37 charlotte:

Is it a “slick” primer like TFSS, or a “dry” primer like UDPP? The slick ones make me crease even worse, although I do use them under the eye.

• 12/27/12 22:17 amy:

The “original” has sort of a powdery, smooth feel to it, and dries down very fast. While I didn’t care for it with powder shadows (it didn’t “cling”, so there was no increase in intensity), it’s nice with cream shadows & pencils. I’m quite curious about this one though.

• 12/27/12 13:19 Melissa:

You don’t thimk this has anything to do wuth the purchase of Urban Decay? Maybe they improved the formula?

• 12/27/12 14:38 Kiss & Make-up:

Can’t wait to read your review! I’m head over heels in love with my Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but it’s a pain to get my hands on, so an easier-to-get alternative would be great :-)

• 12/27/12 17:09 Laura:

Loreal DeCrease did nothing in terms of not creasing my eyeshadow. I don’t look for like making it pop or whatever, I want the not creasing and staying on a longer time.
    I bought it, threw it out, got Lorac, and never even looked at Urban Decay or Too Faced (beyond the deluxe samples that sometimes come with palettes, I think I had one of each). Lorac’s the best (for me).

• 12/27/12 22:17 BLee:

If this is the old one, Ill skipt it. Ill stick with Tarte. It will last alllll day. Well it does with me :)

• 12/28/12 15:06 Iris:

I’m always on the lookout for new eye primers to try. I’ll be giving this one a go.

• 12/28/12 22:33 Ella:

The original L’oreal eye primer was the first I had EVER tried. Having oily lids, it was quite the godsend. However, I moved on and tried UD and Lorac, and love those. The loreal one was good, but it doesn’t help bring out the pigment in shadows, just stops creasing. That’s why I wouldnt go back…

• 12/29/12 11:33 Trillium:

I tried this many years ago when it was new and one of the only available primers (that I knew of). I was really excited to try it, as I always had terrible problems with creasing. Alas, I was very disappointed. It did nothing at all for creasing. :( won’t be trying it again now. ;)

• 12/30/12 9:27 K. Janine:

I hated the old one. My shadows still creased. I’d hope this is a better formula than the old one. I tried it before I tried UDPP. Now I love UDPP so it has some big shoes to fill.

• 1/2/13 20:46 Laura Anies:

I always apply the eye primer when using makeup. My favorite product is Mary Kay Eye Primer. It’s so excellent.