Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Airbrushing Blush for Spring 2013

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Airbrushing Blush

Physicians Formula extends its Mineral Wear Collection for Spring 2013 with a new Airbrushing Blush and Airbrushing Bronzer. Can I tell you my story of the day…I recently purchased both Airbrushing Blushes and it cost me over $20.

Falls over.

I really like Physicians Formula Blush in general but couldn’t believe it was over $20 bucks to purchase two of them at the drugstore. I’m kinda the frugal gourmet when it comes to drugstore makeup so I always find it a little shocking when I spend that much for products.

Jeepers!

Physicians Formula Airbrushing Blush

Physicians Formula Airbrushing Blush Spring 2013

These blushes promise sixteen hours wear with an SPF 30. The finish gives skin a lifted, smoother, and firmer look. All that from a blush? Whoa!

Two shades are available which are Natural and Rose. I think sometimes Physicians Formula makes a mistake with their colors because the same shades are available across the board in their collection. Although formulated differently all of their blushes start running together and looking identical sometimes due to the limit in shades.

SPF 30 in blush sounds like an interesting idea but seriously, for proper protection imagine the amount of blush you’d have to apply!? So SPF becomes pointless on some levels.

The blushes are $10.69 each at Harmons (bound to be more $$$ at CVS, Walgreens, etc) and the Bronzer is $11.19.

Thoughts?

Do share!

P.S. Being a PBS baby I watched the Frugal Gourmet quite a bit but did you ever notice he really WASN’T frugal? I remember his recipes calling for shiz like beluga caviar!

Ha!

• 12/13/12 12:51 Joyce:

Muse! I know for blogging purposes time is of the essence but Rite Aid often has buy one get one free or 40% off for physicians formula. Maybe one day I’ll Actualy meander my way over and replace my shattered Happy Wear Natural blush!

• 12/13/12 12:56 the Muse:

hey joyce, yeah, cvs does this often too ;-D it’s just difficult to get new products right away and a sale at the same time ;-D I could wait but it would prob be well after January before I find these at CVS and on sale ;-D it would be old news by that time!

• 12/13/12 12:59 Tammie:

Haha I remember the Frugal Gourmet! I used to watch it with my mom all the time!

I think if PF got cuter/more useful/less chunky packaging I’d be more willing to use their products even for the price…I used to love them but I find I never really reach for their stuff because I don’t like the packaging!!

• 12/13/12 13:02 the Muse:

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t mind the packaging tbh, I’ve seen much worst ;D

• 12/13/12 16:02 Tammie:

I love how we all seem to have watched it with our moms :).

As for the packaging it’s true it’s not the worst ever, it’s just really bulky and cheap feeling and I have other makeup I like better so I don’t bother…if it was slimmer at least I would like it way more!

• 12/14/12 9:47 the Muse:

hehe..my mom loves cooking shows for some reason! true…I think milani is the worst offender, such beautiful blushes but chunky, tacky gold packaging gag me!

• 12/14/12 12:44 Tammie:

Haha yes milani is the worst I agree! Aside from color etc. a good example of what I would prefer packaging wise is like the Almay Smart Color powder. Same design that opens on both sides with a compartment for the brush etc. but compact/slim/flat enough to put in my purse and not take up like all the space. Also like how the Almay one has a holder in it for the brush so it doesn’t rattle around.

• 12/17/12 16:51 the Muse:

agreed this style packaging is way slicker, neater, and just nicer. Milani’s are bulky and the gold oh god the gold!

• 1/11/13 13:07 Simone:

Honestly, I feel a little embarrassed when I pull out the gold milani bronzer in public restrooms, etc.
            I want to say “I know this is seriously tacky, but I swear the product is rather nice!” to everyone in the bathroom. Haha.

I can see them glancing at it. Theyre most likely not judging me, lol, bit it feels like it. Ugh.

• 12/13/12 14:32 Winni:

OMG I go nuts for PBS cooking shows. Love Rick Bayless, Americas Test Kitchen and of course Julia Child. Love me some PBS. I don’t buy PF unless there is a good sale! They are quality, but pricey.

• 12/14/12 9:51 the Muse:

cooking with jacques and julia was my FAVORITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ;-D you forget to mention it. he would look so annoyed to be there lol! she’d be nibbling stuff, smelling it, and tossing it in a bowl and he would be all huffy puffy about it ;-D was the bestest show on PBS everzzzzzzzzz!

• 12/13/12 15:41 Nikki:

Haha! Frugal gourmet, my mom said I used to come running when I heard the opening song and dance around the living room. Lol

• 12/13/12 15:50 the Muse:

LOL! :-D I used to watch it with my mother all the time! crazy how we remember the silly stuff!

• 12/13/12 16:17 Lulle:

Physician’s Formula is often on sale at Rite Aid so I always wait for special offers to buy the brand! I wouldn’t pay full price I think, although some of their products are really good.

• 12/13/12 16:44 charlotte:

I know what you mean about new releases and sales.. I recently pd way too much for the new PF Nudes items.. grabbed them the first day I saw them because I did not want to risk it..but I love them so it’s OK, LOL. I also agree about their color selection.. everything is “rose and natural/warm”.. that’s it.

LOL about the frugal gourmet. Watched him all the time. I have one of his cookbooks as well, but never use it because it would cost me $100 to make dinner, and that’s IF I could find the ingredients.

• 12/14/12 9:45 the Muse:

charlotte, I’m always jumping right in ;-D really can’t wait for a sale because one I’m impatient, two I want to get the info up on the site as fast as possible, and three I am impatient….lol!

I know what you mean though if I see it and skip, later on I come back and someone already snatched it up so get it while the getting is good. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL so frugal eh? hahahaha! I swear he was awesome but frugal he was NOT ;-D

• 12/13/12 17:21 Tiffany Martin:

I think PF is a little high for the quality, and they need a re-brand. Their marketing and packing are a turn-off, and their stuff isn’t good enough to justify the cost over other products I can buy at the drugstore.

• 12/13/12 17:39 Alexis:

That’s a lot of money for drugstore makeup! I like PF, but come on now!

Oh, and much love for the frugal gourmet reference! Loved that guy!

• 12/14/12 9:36 the Muse:

lol I wish pbs would rerun the show ;D

• 12/15/12 12:07 Ruthless:

The reason they may not is because he was sued by 7 men over allegations of sexual abuse when they were boys/teens. I remember that show from my childhood also.

Physicians formula, for whatever reason, is really expensive in Canada. I’m talking double what you pay for it in the US so I NEVER buy it.

• 12/17/12 15:30 the Muse: