Revlon Photoready BB Cream Spring 2013

Revlon Photoready BB Cream

I had to share the news of Revlon Photoready BB Cream with you! Revlon has a BB Cream now who would have guessed? I ran across Revlon Photoready BB Cream this early this morning at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and as I’m sitting here waiting for my friend in the car I thought I’d blog the good word.

Take a look!

Revlon’s first BB Cream is part of the Photoready collection with a formula that promises a hydrating coverage with a built in primer that blurs flaws and protects with an SPF 30. It’s available in Light, Light Medium, and Medium for $8.29. I imagine at regular drugstores stores it’ll be marked up to $8.99-$9.99.

Revlon Photoready BB Cream Spring 2013

Revlon Photo Ready BB Cream

Revlon BB Cream

I’m quite eager to try it! I picked up the Light/Medium and really wanted to apply it before heading out tonight but unfortunately I didn’t even bother going home yet and I’m heading out for the next few hours so no time to reapply makeup. Will test it out next week.

The SPF is pretty impressive since many of the BB Creams released in the US have been mediocre with coverage and sun protection.

They had a tester and I was rushed applying it but I kinda got the vibe it might be a little like Stila’s HD Beauty Balm.

We shall see!

Anyone see it in their area?

Or try it?

Do share!

Happy Weekend!

P.S. Apologies for any errors I made in the post. Don’t have my iPad with me at the moment and writing posts on my iPhone is a little challenging…!

• 12/1/12 20:40 MJ:

Ugh, you’d think they’d include darker shades (I’m an NC42) for us darker gals… :( Thanks for the info, Muse!

• 12/4/12 16:29 the Muse:

my pleasure mj! sorry for the poor color selections :-/

• 12/1/12 21:04 TrishB:

Oooh, I want this even though I know better. All of Revlon’s foundations are too dark for me, so I can’t imagine I’ll get a better match here. But SPF 30 is so tempting.

• 12/1/12 21:19 Somayea:

UGH. I wish they’d come out with skintones for tan-darker women. I think Maybelline did a good job with the shade selection, which is the only reason I’m still using it. haha.

• 12/1/12 21:45 Xail:

Looks interesting! Apparently Lumene has a BB Cream now, too.

• 12/4/12 16:28 the Muse:

i heard that xail! curious minds how it is!

• 12/1/12 22:34 Mitheena:

So revlon decided the join the drugstore BB cream band wagon!

• 12/2/12 19:56 mitheena:

*to join oops typo :)

• 12/1/12 22:58 OrangeLipstickBlog:

I’m fighting the urge to run out and buy this but I’m going to wait for your review like a good girl! Lol.

• 12/4/12 16:27 the Muse:

lol hopefully it helped, the review that is, because it isn’t that fab :-/

• 12/1/12 23:11 Laura:

It’s $10.19 at the Target here!

• 12/1/12 23:11 Laura:

I have to say, though, that Missha’s Perfect Cover is the best BB cream I’ve tried. The American ones seem too much like a TM to me.

• 12/2/12 1:45 Stellar:

Muse! It seems Rimmel is also coming out with one?

• 12/3/12 9:27 the Muse:

yeah I noticed stellar, interesting!

• 12/2/12 2:46 Tiffany Martin:

Mega curious!!

• 12/2/12 3:29 Janice:

Ooh can’t wait for the review!

• 12/2/12 5:40 Kiss & Make-up:

Sounds good… Can’t wait for a review. And happy weekend to you too!

• 12/2/12 10:00 Danii:

Hopefully it can act as a nice TM, not sure how well ‘light’ will work for people. Every foundation by American brands seems to be too dark (particularly for me, who can’t afford Naked Skin) and these “BB” creams still lean rather orange on me. Korean BBs work fine! Its just buying from eBay (though the sellers I go with tend to throw in nice freebies!) Does Rimmel have a TM marketed as a BB yet? They have a nice shade selection of foundation I’ve noticed.

• 12/2/12 10:45 Donna:

Interesting! I will be looking for it :)

• 12/2/12 13:38 Mel K.:

I got really excited when I saw this post but then felt disappointed to see yet another BB Cream that doesn’t feature a product for darker shades! Is it really that difficult for companies to also make their products available in darker shades? :(

• 12/3/12 13:54 Jane:

I think darker skinned women have it far more difficult, but I wish there were more tones for the super pale among us, too. So frequently the lightest color of any skin product looks like I’m wearing a bizarre yellow mask.

• 12/2/12 14:19 Mevangel:

Although you havent reviewed it, I have high hopes for this BB cream. A lot of them have come out, revlon usually had great products. Can’t wait to see the review

• 12/2/12 14:47 Olivia Frescura:

This one looks like a winner- I love Stila’s BB!

• 12/3/12 15:21 Majick:

Stila’s is most excellent but with one caveat – no sunscreen.

• 12/3/12 15:33 the Muse:

agreed!

• 12/2/12 15:56 jenn s.:

Color me intrigued! :)

• 12/2/12 19:05 Brandy:

Hope maybe an American company can get this BB cream thing right. Something else that bothers me: why don’t they have shades for women of color?

• 12/2/12 21:02 Jaa Maurer:

8.29 ?!?!
    Oh I want that !! =D
    please do the review soon !

• 12/2/12 21:32 Ada:

This is the problem that I have with drug store brands; Where are the colour accommodation?

I see Light, Light/medium, medium? Are they serious?! What a joke. I’ll stick to NARS tinted moisturizer and other higher end brands. Sure I definetly pay more, but at least they acknowledge that I exist – and better quality too.

• 12/3/12 10:46 HapaGirl:

I’m a yellow/freckly toned girl myself, but I really appreciate what these gals and guys of color are saying. I especially liked Ada’s comment, that higher-end brands at least “acknowledge that I exist.” Well-put! When are mass-market cosmetics at a drugstore level going to recognize this issue?

• 12/3/12 1:16 Fuu:

Hmm, may htake a look have to take a look at that.

• 12/3/12 12:26 Cait:

Hmm…i don’t usually like revlon, i haven’t liked the photoready line, and yet I still REALLY want to try this. Haha

• 12/4/12 3:52 Charmaine:

I’m also not a big fan of Revlon (except their lippies and nail polish), but I’ll be on the lookout for this stuff, cuz ya never know!

• 12/3/12 19:35 Iris:

I look forward to trying this if it’s compatible with my skin type. I like how it has SPF 30.

• 12/4/12 4:01 MEtuk:

As a women of color I am disappointed that the shades only go to medium…However, I still love Revlon.

• 12/27/12 14:25 Luciid.Serenity:

I bought this tinted moisturizer in deep, at first it had decent coverage for a bb cream, but didn’t last very long. Blends into the skin very well, I had tried the tester, overtop of the maybelline dream matte mouse.

However, once I purchased it and tried it on my bare skin, I am left with a rash and chemical burn!
    Definitely will not repurchase!
    Be very careful of getting this anywhere near your eyes, it really stings.

• 3/11/13 9:40 MaggieCat:

Revlon’s BB Cream also gave me a rash/chemical burn. My face is red, burning and inflamed, and also covered in tiny bumps. It didn’t even give good coverage…

• 12/31/12 11:33 Brenda:

I ran into this accidentally at ULTA the other day and I absolutely love it! It’s like ” miracle city!” It feels and looks super awesome. I’ve got compliments and have been asked what I have on my face. :))

• 12/31/12 11:35 Brenda:

Oh yes I agree with another comment about it stinging your eyes. It really does! Don’t know what exactly is that ingredient that is but keep away from your eyes.

• 2/1/13 20:39 Abigail:

I have this photoready BB cream and it sucks. It doesn’t moisturize your face at all. In fact, it made my skin dry and tight the first time I used it. After that, I used a heavy moisturizer before applying the BB cream but my skin still felt dry. Once, I tried it after I used a mild facial scrub and it hurt. Plus it left red blotches on my face that took a couple hours to fade. It doesn’t last as long you think it would and it definitely stings your eyes. The coverage was streaky and weak. Additionally, the cream separately and needs to be shaken prior to each use. This is a terrible product, for me at least. I just purchased L’Oreal’s Youthcode BB cream and hope it’s better.

• 10/29/13 21:56 A:

I read a lot of good reviews before purchasing and bought two. It was a dumb thing to do. I have fair, combination skin. It made my whole face greasy, enhanced my fine lines, creased, sets into my pores making them seem bigger, even when I used a pore primer. The worst thing is that it stings my eyes. I used it alone and also with a setting powder, tested it applying with my fingers, sponge, foundation brush, stipple brush, nothing helped. It’s a real bad product.