Rimmel BB Cream Beauty Balm 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup Spring 2013

Rimmel BB Cream Beauty Balm 9 in 1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup

Rimmel’s new BB Cream Beauty Balm has launched in the US and is now available in drugstores. I only saw displays with three shades but I believe there are a total of four that will launch.

Light, Light/Medium, Medium, and Medium/Dark but don’t quote me.

Rimmel BB Cream Beauty Balm

See more photos and info after the jump!

Rimmel BB Cream Beauty Balm Spring 2013

The formula has an SPF 25 and the price is a mere $5.89 at Harmons. I’m looking forward to trying it but at a swatch I noticed it was leaning more towards a tinted moisturizer unfortunately…! But I’ll have to test more before I actually call it such.

The price is very reasonable so even just as a tinted moisturizer this is still a nice budget pick for sheer coverage. I was hopeful the next generation of BB Creams we saw in the US would be more pigmented but this doesn’t appear to be the case.

I located this at Harmons so you might want to check there or your beauty section at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Later next month I imagine it’ll go more mainstream and appear at drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, etc..

If you’ve seen it in your area I look forward to hearing about it!

• 12/17/12 13:30 amy:

If it’s praben-free, I’ll be jumping on this! I don’t need much in the way of pigmentation, so that’s not a big issue; however, even a TM, SPF 25, and I have fantastic luck with Rimmel foundation in terms of color-match, all at $6 is a steal! I currenently use Aveeno TM & Garnier BB Cream, and each of those retail for around $13, so this may be a bargain, LOL.

• 12/17/12 13:43 HapaGirl:

Muse, I’m loving your coverage of the drugstore beauty scene! :) It looks like NYC (especially Harmon’s) gets a lot of the new launches first, and I think it’s wonderful that you’re able to show us such a wide spectrum of products out there — Asian beauty, drugstore beauty, high-end, mid-range, and everything in between.

• 12/17/12 13:46 the Muse:

aw thanks hapa! I LOVE covering ALL aspects of beauty so I’m always happy to hear that reader’s are loving it ;-D I think we all have our little corner of the makeup world that we love be it high end or budget so it’s nice to be able to bring coverage of ALL of it and everything in between ;-D

• 12/17/12 14:15 charlotte:

I agree, it’s hard to find good reviews and product information for the drugstore market.. and there are so many great products out there. Thanks for the effort Muse, keep up the good work.

• 12/17/12 14:19 the Muse:

my pleasure Charlotte ;D so glad you find it helpful!

• 12/17/12 15:17 Stellar:

Even for a TM, that’s still pretty amazing SPF right there!

• 12/17/12 17:31 Lulle:

I have to say that I find Rimmel’s graphics VERY unattractive. The picture of the model here just freaks me out!

• 12/18/12 8:32 Jessica:

Whats the SPF ingredients? Is it chemical or physical?

• 12/23/12 21:15 Adrienne:

I purchased the med/dark today at Walgreens for $6.99 but they weren’t suppossed to be out yet I got them off a top shelf display the assoc said it was to be after Christmas. Anyways the texture was ok and creamy however I think the higher spf content made it difficult to blend and tended to have a white overcast on the skin. For the sunscreen info it says Avobenzone 3%, Octinixate 4%, Octisalate 4% and 2%. Maybe thats why a lot of creams and foundations have lower SPF becaues it becomes harder to blend?