NARS Persia Single Eyeshadow for Spring 2013

NARS Persia Single Eyeshadow

Mmmm do love the new NARS Persia Single Eyeshadow released with the NARS Spring 2013.

Do you think you can pull off this matte sunset shade?

NARS calls the shade a matte paprika. I think it’ll rock combined with other sunset shades like a buttery yellow or a cranberry…! I’m quite eager to test it out but a little worried about the matte formula.

I’ll review and swatch it soon.

Any cravings from NARS Spring 2013 for you?

Seems more a Summer shade than a Spring one.

P.S. How was your weekend? Happy Monday! Groan! I’m a bit tired today myself! Quite eager to watch the latest Girls episode on my Tivo, hopefully I have a second to do that late tonight. Anyone watch it? Must see the train wrekcs Hannah gets herself into this season. Best part of this season? Moar Andrew Rannells!!!!!!!!

• 1/14/13 14:12 amy:

This is a pass. I’m pale & completely beige, and although my eyes are brown, they have grey undertones; because there is absolutely no warmth to my coloring, this would just look odd. As for NARS matte shadows, they can go one of two ways; while many are buttery & silky, others appear to be a bit patchy or chalky. The latter are meant to be blended into other shadows, and end up being extremely pigmented.

• 1/14/13 14:12 Angela:

I love Nars shadows, but I don’t think I can pull off this color.

• 1/14/13 14:51 Marta:

I have some warm browns and eventually I end up giving them away. I don’t know why they look so horrible on me, but they just do.
    I love Girls. If I had switch lifes with a fictional horrible person, I think I’d choose Hannah. Yes, Darth Vader would be more exciting but I’m not putting all this pretty make up on just to cover it up with a black helmet ¬.¬ I especially like how I can watches scenes like the Marnie/Elijah this week and be all “Nononononostopitstopit” in my head but laugh at them at the same time.

• 1/14/13 15:06 K.B.:

I’ll pass, but I’d love to see the looks that people come up with using this shadow.

• 1/14/13 16:00 Cindy Ramirez:

I feel like my makeup collection lacks a GOOD matte purple and orange. This excites me.

As for Girls, that’s one of those TV shows I’ve been wanting to watch but didn’t really know how good it is. Is it good? Muse you need a chat room or something for me to ask you/talk about non-related makeup questions/things with you!

• 1/14/13 16:06 the Muse:

LOL I agree chat room would be all kinds of awesome ;-D We always have twitter…! and yes, girls is a train wreck, I can’t keep my eyes off it, SO good!

• 1/14/13 17:38 Alanna:

hehehe Muse you should go MEGA old school with like an IRC channel or something!! am I the only one who still uses them???

• 1/14/13 17:56 the Muse:

*raises hand* guilty as charged. I def use IRC ;-D underground servers are the best for manga, gaming/rpg/etc…;-D i’d DEF love to do a private server for Musings readers to hang on that would be too FUN!

• 1/15/13 16:41 Alanna:

ooohhhh please do it! I think it would be nicer than message boards because it wouldnt be so much upkeep, plus we could just chat and idle even ;D I’m so nerdy I even met my boyfriend on irc LOL so I’m very attached to it

• 1/15/13 16:48 the Muse:

you kid? what sort of channel? that’s romance ;-D I actually met one of my very good friends on a server swap channel about 9 years ago. Ever after we’ve been great friends ;-D IRC miracle ;-D hahaha! I think it would be fun hmmm ideas a brewing ;-D!

• 1/15/13 22:43 Alanna:

we met on the SCP channel! for like, spooky stories and stuff. I don’t go there anymore because it got too crowded and all my other friends left, but he actually owns the channel now hahaha. MOVIN’ ON UP.

• 1/16/13 9:35 the Muse:

LOl totally cracked me up with the movin’ on up! :-D i modded for a fanfic channel 150 years ago!

• 1/16/13 15:12 Alanna:

I can just see it- Muse the BADmin!!! >:D >:D >:D kicks because you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, bans because you just didnt like the look of their nicks!

• 1/16/13 15:25 the Muse:

lol I was actually an awful mod………..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not so much banning but not paying attention enough LOL!

• 1/14/13 16:49 amy:

MUFE #92 is an *amazing* matte purple; it’s so popular, too, that it’s often sold out & you have to keep an eye open. Also, Manic Panic has one, but you have to kind of track it down online (it’s called either Belladonna or Deadly Nightshade-I depotted mine…). NARS Daphne is really pretty, but it can be a bit finicky, otherwise it’s very pigmented. HTH

• 1/16/13 15:59 Cindy Ramirez:

Hey Amy thanks for the suggestions! I will def look into these colors! :D <3

• 1/14/13 16:01 BLee:

Yes, adding black, burgundy and a light yellow shimmer to hightlight it all. I do not have the Nars one but a color very close to it. Ill be looking for your swatch :D

• 1/14/13 16:37 Ruth:

I shiver with antici……………pation to see how you rock this!

• 1/14/13 17:41 susannah:

not a chance can i pull this off! way too fair and pink – just not gonna happen

• 1/14/13 18:46 Celine:

I have a shade like this, and it pairs really well with a plum, makes it look like an actual sunset :)

• 1/15/13 9:11 the Muse:

ooo plum never considered that!

• 1/14/13 21:03 Katherine:

I had never seen that show in your link. Those actors played that scene wonderfully! I’m going to have to check that one out thanks Muse!

I’m very interested in Persia eyeshadow. I need to see a swatch online before I bite though. At my age I can’t wear a full on look with this type color but have to use it say as a bit of color with a brown smokey eye. I have to kind of translate it to something that is age appropriate for me now. I know that many women my age (51) wear whatever they want but given the type of functions and social activities I have to (yes I gotta, not much choice on that) go to I have to keep it more subtle.

• 1/15/13 9:13 the Muse:

my pleasure katherine it’s quite an odd little show ;-D it’s def a louder shade so I understand your wariness! I think it might look great sheerer out though with a hint of brown ;-D

• 1/14/13 23:09 Susanne:

I couldnt do it but im thinking this could also be a rocking blush for darker tones!