Shiseido Perfect Hydrating BB Cream for Spring 2013

Shiseido Perfect Hydrating BB Cream

If anyone is going to get BB Cream right it would have to be Shiseido right? Shiseido Perfect Hydrating BB Cream is a newly launched BB for Spring 2013 available in two shades.

And yes, it’s on my wish list of things I must try even though my BB Cream pile is a little out of control at the moment.

Available in deep and medium shades (hey, what happened to light?) Shiseido Perfect Hydrating BB Cream is a multifunctional BB cream that gives skin a bright, even tone and healthy glow while concealing pores and minimizing the appearance of unevenness.

It’s formulated with two antioxidant ingredients, thiotaurine, an exclusive ingredient, inhibits the oxidization of sebum which causes oxidative damage to skin as rose apple leaf extract prevents DNA damage caused by UV rays.

SPF 35 completes the deal and a very affordable $33 price tag seals the deal.

Yes, please, I’d love to try it.

What do you think?

On counters now.

• 1/9/13 13:33 Cj:

Ha! Deep and medium. Well screw you too Shiseido!

*cries in corner*

• 1/9/13 13:55 Tammie:

Well if it helps Cj even if they had “light” it would most likely be too dark. I’m NC15 or so (lighter if anything) and I’ve never met a Shisedo foundation that wasn’t way too dark for me :/

• 1/9/13 14:11 Cj:

Yeah your right… Brands need to come out with a Deadpale choice for us :(

• 1/9/13 14:26 Tammie:

Yup, they need to have more on both sides of the spectrum! Not everybody is a medium shade people U_U

I’m still sore over my beloved Estee Lauder Doublewear Light foundation…perfect HG formula but the lightest color was noticeably too dark on me *sob*

• 1/9/13 14:46 amy:

There’s always Manic Panic or Stargazer, LOL… Seriously, I’m pale, too. I “tan” up to NC15. Have you checked out NARS Siberia? Lancôme has some pretty pale shades, too.

• 1/9/13 14:49 Kat:

a BB that is in Deep? Should I hold my breath that it will be too light for my NW43 skin? Fingers crossed! And still waiting for a chance to head over to the Bobbi Store in Grand Central…..

• 1/9/13 14:51 amy:

Why nothing for us pale people? We *need* the higher SPF!!! I think they just figured there is a void in the deeper tones, and they’re filling it. Part of me says, “Well, good for them, and I’m happy to see deeper skintones being represented.”, while part of me feels a bit sad… Like you, I think Shiseido would be an obvious choice in terms of “Western” BB creams, and I’m really curious about this one.

• 1/9/13 15:18 Dory:

I’m glad that I am indeed, a medium complexion, but SO MANY of these BB creams are far too pink for my skin tone, and I’m hoping that this Shiseido one doesn’t follow suit. Excited for the prospect of a GOOD western bb cream all the same :)

• 1/9/13 16:17 Lulle:

When’s the BB cream hysteria going to end?
    I guess Shiseido needed their BB cream for the Western market, and they’re the one brand that could make it right here, but I’m sick and tired of all US brands making their own “BB cream” nowadays.

Enough, let’s show us some real innovation please! Renaming your old tinted moisturizer formula is just lame!

• 1/9/13 18:12 Debster:

Agreed 100%! It’s not quality product at all. =[

• 1/9/13 18:55 amy:

I’m actually glad “American” brands are trying to come up with something comparable. Not everyone has the time to trek all over town trying to find a store that carries the “real” BB creams, nor the money to risk buying online, *hoping* the color will work. That said, does anyone know where in the Los Angeles area I may be able to find an Asian BB cream?

• 1/9/13 19:34 Grace T.:

A BB cream from Shiseido for $33?! I need me some of that! The formula sounds too light to be a real bb cream though, I hope its not another tinted moisturizer/primer parading around as a bb :( However I still have hopes for this one, since there are Japanese subbrands under Shiseido (such as Kate) that make amazing BB creams…fingers crossed!

• 1/9/13 22:53 Fuu:

*_* Shiseido BB Cream?! I’m still totally in love with my Perfect Refining Foundation so I will definitely check this out.

• 1/9/13 23:08 Nat:

I absolutely want this!!!Thanks Muse for introducing it, I’ve been looking for BB cream for quite a while after finishing my Étude’s BB cream. And talking about the price, this’s sweet deal! :)

• 1/10/13 9:43 the Muse:

my pleasure nat :-D I def want it too!

• 1/9/13 23:37 Vivian:

Why does it not come in light?!?!
    So excited when I saw that Shiseido came out with a BB cream. They are such an amazing company that is totally underrated. I guess I’ll just wait until they come out with that light colour then!

• 1/10/13 16:43 Iris:

No light shade? I don’t think medium would suit my skin. I’ve always used the lighter side of the shade spectrum. Too bad. It sounded good.

• 1/11/13 19:33 higirrrrl:

pale chicks need to calm down because this will probably be THE ONLY “real” BB cream with a dark shade so yeah…. you guys have PLENTY of other options. Just saying (:

• 1/14/13 14:03 amy:

While I think it’s great that a “real” BB cream is being made in a deep shade, I still lament that there are none in a pale shade on the mainstream market. I can’t order online, as several have undertones that are completely unsuitable for me. I’ve always found shiseido to have foundations that were neutral enough for me, while still being on the paler side, so I’m just saying it would be nice to find something on the mainstream market that would be comparable to a “real” Asian BB cream that I can check out in person.

• 1/14/13 14:13 Tammie:

Well considering the way the Western BB Cream market is I certainly think we can complain since we don’t have many options, assuming this is a real BB cream. Most other ones that are available in the US are too dark for me. I am not “light” I am PALE that is not a common skin type. While I agree that it is certainly much more difficult for women of color to find foundations/BB creams I don’t think it’s fair to tell us “pale chicks” to “calm down”. Cosmetics companies should make colors on both sides of the spectrum, and that includes us super pale girls too. Right now the only BB cream from an Asian brand that you can get easily in the US is Dr. Jart and that one is absolutely too dark for me. I have also tried the Dior one which was too dark for me as well. I have tried several drugstore ones and as a reader of this blog you know that they are sorry excuses for BB creams. I

Like amy said, us pale girls are happy that Shiseido is doing a deep shade for the BB cream I have the same issues she does with inability to order online (especially from Asia where I can’t exactly return or exchange it if it’s wrong unlike from Sephora/Nordstrom/Macy’s where I can return or exchange it with ease).

• 1/14/13 14:15 Tammie:

Ps. One of the people lamenting the lack of pale shades was a dude so hmph ;)

• 1/14/13 14:47 Cj:

ilu tammie <3 your gonna be my best (wo)man at Muse's n my wedding!

• 1/14/13 14:53 the Muse:

*nods eagerly she’d make an excellent best woman ;-D

• 1/14/13 18:09 Tammie:

Aww, thanks :) <3

• 1/14/13 17:52 Tammie:

Haha ilu too ;) <3
          I'd be honored to be your best (wo)man xD. I much prefer wearing pants anyway lol

• 1/15/13 9:16 the Muse:

oh we are so getting cj in a white gown and veil…! He’ll look amazing sauce ;D

• 1/15/13 13:35 Tammie:

Heck yeah he will! :)

• 1/23/13 10:26 Eraser:

I hate to tell you, but it seems like the usual non-Asian BBs, i.e. more like a tinted moisturizer. Thin texture & very little coverage, although it did seem moist. Good thing I tried it at the counter.

• 1/23/13 10:45 the Muse: