Too Faced Air Buffed BB Cream for Spring 2013

Too Faced Air Buffed BB Cream

If the new Too Faced Air Buffed BB Cream is anything at all like my beloved Bourjois Paris Mineral Matte Foundation you will have one very happy Muse on your hands.

Mousse-like BB Creams have become very common place in Asia with brands like Tony Moly, Shills, and more releasing their own version. These have been around for a few years now but since the BB Cream is just peaking here in the US we haven’t yet seen many variations on the formula.

Too Faced obviously redeems that with their new Air Buffed BB Cream.

This multi-benefit cream to powder foundation has a unique sponge cake texture. It primes skin as well as conceals, brightens, mattifies, and protects with an SPF 20 and a long lasting, flawless, full coverage finish. The mousse-like texture absorbs oil and coated mica imparts diffused light reflecting pigments. The little bow on top? That’s a brush that can be used to blend the foundation into skin for a flawless finish.

I absolutely need it now.

It’s available in six shade selections for $39 at Ulta.com.

Whatcha think?

• 1/10/13 10:24 kimkats:

Wow – I will have to investigate that, esp. for summer! I get a teensy bit oily in summer and this sounds like it would ROCK. Plus, TF just sucks me in with their adorable dang packaging. *iZ huge sucker*…..

• 1/10/13 11:37 Beth:

OMG I know..there whole spring line is absolutely adorable especially that heart shaped blush trio..LOVE!

• 1/10/13 11:48 kimkats:

Oh, Man – I am so all over that heart shaped blush!! Wantwantwantwantwant!!!!

• 1/10/13 10:30 Trona:

I like the look of this, a lot

• 1/10/13 10:34 Ashley:

OMG WANT WANT. Too bad I already got Skinfood’s Peach Sake BB Cream. PLEASE do a review! If you like it, I’ll get this once I’m out of BB Cream!

• 1/10/13 11:04 Heather N King:

Dying to try this!

• 1/10/13 11:26 amy:

Six shade selections… Hopefully one will run on the pale side. I like the idea od SPF 30, and have been considering the one from MAC, but I’d have to break my personal “boycott”…

• 1/10/13 11:32 Beth:

Saw this almost two weeks ago on Beauty.com but hesitated to buy it without first seeing some reviews.I love my Dr. Jart bb cream but would love to try a dif formula.I await your approval muse.

• 1/10/13 12:19 simone:

yeah its been on beauty.com for a couple weeks with an availability of 1/12…but neither there or ulta seems to have 6 colors- not even the toofaced website. they dont seem to have one for dark complexions- ie the beach glow that they made with their other “bb creme”- have you heard anything about the sixth color?

• 1/10/13 12:36 the Muse:

i have no other info sorry simone :(

• 1/10/13 16:01 Simone Gamboa:

thanks! i asked on facebook and they said there are just 5 shades….no darker shade :( oh well, money saved

• 1/10/13 12:28 Cj:

Yeah well I need it now-er. *gets in fighting stance*

• 1/10/13 15:20 Sai:

This looks great….but seems a bit pricey for a BB cream

• 1/10/13 17:37 Joni:

They made a lighter color! The problem I had with their other BB cream was the lightest shade still being too dark for me.

• 1/10/13 20:58 Phyrra:

I sooo want to see how this works!

• 1/10/13 23:32 Robin:

You keep giving me reasons to part with my money!! Lol. Going to Ulta this weekend to check this and Escada out.

• 1/11/13 11:13 the Muse:

hehe I want both as well Robin ;-D

• 1/15/13 11:55 rose:

I NEED a review STAT!! This looks awesome- just a lil worried that a cream might be too heavy? Don’t know if it will melt off T-zone. Hoping for great coverage though the tinted BBC actually gives a great look though it seems to clog pores a bit. Help Muse? Review with swatches & before/after pix plz plz plz!!!!

• 1/15/13 11:57 the Muse:

rose I don’t have the product sorry…I’ll review it as soon as I see it in stores and can pick it up or if a press sample stops my way :)

• 2/22/13 0:32 md:

i happen to love their regular BB for a luminous, dewy, hydrated glow so i’m curious to see how this compares!

• 3/17/13 16:24 Mieko:

just got this today. i run on the whiter side of pale so “snow glow” was a surprisingly close match. despite claims, I don’t find this to be full coverage, which in all honesty is ok with me since I prefer a more sheer and natural look. because of it’s almost waxy consistency I found that it actually worked well with a concealer brush to cover redness or spots that it missed in a general application. the brush while really cute and super soft (i actually really like too faced brushes) seems ineffective with the consistency of the product which is a bit on the waxy side , I think a sponge would be much better. it’s an “eh” for me, not my holy grail, I’ll probably go back to an asian BB cream when I finish this one up.

• 5/29/13 10:35 Dea:

I need to rave about this BB cream… Finally a product that isn’t just an incorrectly named tinted moisturizer! The best way to apply is by building up thin layers as a thicker layer feels almost greasy… You can build up in areas that need more coverage and leave it sparser in others. I ordered this online so was guessing the color I needed so I settled for the Cream Glow. When it arrived I panicked as it is so dark in the pot. But it actually blended perfectly and looks very natural on me (I have a quite pale complexion with a bit of a yellow undertone). Would love to know how this compares to Asian BB creams so please review Muse!

• 6/4/13 21:43 Yvonne:

Just got this today at Ulta after seeing the presentation on HSN last week. The lightest shade ( Snow Glo ) worked but I got the next darkest shade ( vanilla ) . It looked great in the store and seems to have a good buildable coverage . I’ll let you know how it works out. I think I’m really gonna like this one !

• 6/11/13 20:57 joseph valenti:

Still tripping out over Neil Patrick Harris opening number at the Tony Who wants to work that hard, after paying 39 dollars for a foundation?

• 6/12/13 9:24 the Muse:

lol he was incredible just fabulous :-D amen…! that’s what I’m saying…!!!!!!!!!