Kao Biore Aqua Rich Watery BB Launches in Japan

Kao Biore Aqua Rich Watery BB

I’m happy to report Kao has launched their next generation Aqua Rich Watery product in the form of a BB Cream. Biore Aqua Rich Watery BB contains the same great formula as the original Aqua Rich Watery SPF 50 which has a mousse-like texture and a moisturizing finish but also now acts as BB Cream for giving skin a brighter appearance on application.

I love the idea of it still containing a generous SPF 50 as well as being tinted to even out skin tone and to act as a tinted moisturizer of sorts. Even if it doesn’t provide the same great benefits as a regular BB Cream I’m still interested in trying it out as I use and love the original sunscreen only version.

This retails for $7-$10 in Japan so expect to pay $14.99 and upwards when it reaches online shops.

I’ll be reviewing it shortly.

If you tried it feel free to share your thoughts!

Keep your eyes on AlphabeautyUK (not affiliated) on E-bay as I’m sure she’ll be getting it shortly!

• 2/26/13 23:20 julia:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I got the suncreen following your review and I’ve fallen for it hard. I hope this has a good coverage and is as wonderful as the sunscreen.

• 3/1/13 16:09 the Muse:

yay julia! :-D so glad you like the sunscreen!

• 2/26/13 23:36 BooBooNinja:

I have yet to try an Asian BB cream. Bella, do you know if any of them contain physical sunscreen ingredients (Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide) only, rather than chemical sunscreen ingredients?

• 3/1/13 16:08 the Muse:

I’m not sure my dear, don’t actually have it yet!

• 2/27/13 0:56 Alanna:

YES!!! I am totally getting it, i loooooooooove that spf it’s the best~

• 2/27/13 2:49 m:

eeeep so excited for this! definitely going to pick it up from the drugstore. :]

• 2/27/13 4:13 Saiba:

I was wondering Muse but did you know that Japan changed their UVA rating system? Just curious to see if anyone else found this out because I only found out recently.

Apparently it now goes to PA++++ (PPD 16 or above) as the highest protection. A lot of companies are either changing their package look (as it was already PA++++ to begin with even though the package says PA+++) or their sunscreen formula for higher protection.

Kinda wish they would have made this a higher PA since it’s newer but I love the regular sunscreen and it’s still good protection so I’m probably gonna try it also. It sounds great!

• 3/1/13 16:06 the Muse:

i actually just read about it recently saiba, it kinda confused me a second there. and drove me a bit crazy.

• 3/2/13 20:09 Saiba:

That’s what annoys me about sunscreen…I wish they wouldn’t make it so difficult. I feel like I have to do research every time they do something different. I seriously wonder what they’re gonna do when they want to make the protection even higher at a later point, PA+++++? XD

• 3/4/13 9:37 the Muse:

you have to be a rocket scientist to understand it all ;D

• 2/27/13 11:14 Candy:

Ah, just in time for my trip to Tokyo next month!

• 2/27/13 18:28 Abs:

Ohhh I want to try this! I looked for it at my local drugstore last night, but it wasn’t out yet. I’ll keep an eye out…

• 3/5/13 10:37 Anis:

I found this in my local sasa (in Malaysia) today and picked it up. Can’t wait to try this. I love the sunscreen from this line..

• 4/6/13 5:35 tildzc:

I live in Japan and picked this up about a month ago. I really like the product but people expecting a full coverage BB cream are going to be disappointed. It is an extremely light coverage product and does more to add a luminosity to the skin than any hardcore coverage. The product evens out my skin tone a little, and makes my relatively dry skin glow. I really enjoy it for everyday work coverage, as I am not meant to wear make-up. However it really isn’t a standalone product for anyone not comfortable with only a light coverage.

• 4/17/13 12:43 BooBooNinja:

Thanks for writing in, tildzc!