Maybelline Color Goes Electric Limited Edition Blushes for Spring 2013

Maybelline Color Goes Electric Limited Edition Blushes

Maybelline Color Goes Electric is a new collection launching in drugstores now for Spring 2013 (or early Summer 2013). It includes three new Maybelline Baked Blushes in limited edition shades one of which is a SIZZLING popping orange (must have anyone?).

Here’s a little sneak peek at the shades and I’ll follow up with a review and swatches soonish!

The colors included with the collection are:

• Coral Burst
  • Golden Fuse
  • Wild Blossom

Maybelline Coral Burst Blush

Maybelline Golden Fuse Blush

Maybelline Wild Blossom Blush

I thought all three were quite unique but Coral Burst is probably the most stunning of the three. I located these at Harmons for $5.79 each but I imagine they’ll be $8-$9 at CVS, Walgreens, etc…

I’m currently remorseful I didn’t pick up a back up of Coral Burst as I have a funny feeling it’s going to prove impossible to locate.

What do you think of these shades?

Love ‘em?

Leave ‘em?

Do share!

• 2/26/13 10:12 MiMi:

I hunted these down yesterday and did not give in – I did get one of the LE glosses – Riveting Rose.
    I kinda want the orange one BUT I already have 2 orange blushes which are matte and this one seems to have a bit of shimmer. It could be overspray though….

• 2/26/13 10:14 MiMi:

By the way I found it at the CVS and yes, it’s priced at $7.79 and the gloss was $7.59

• 2/26/13 10:30 the Muse:

thanks mimi I thought CVS would be a touch higher :)

• 2/26/13 10:19 Caitlin:

Typo alert! I’m pretty sure this Maybelline collection does not include Revlon Baked Blushes, lol! I think coral burst looks pretty awesome, too, although I’m also curious to see what Golden Fuse looks like as an illuminator.

• 2/26/13 10:30 the Muse:

i’m confused? these are baked blushes right?

• 2/26/13 10:57 Heather:

I think she means this sentence

It includes three new Revlon Baked Blushes in limited edition shades one of which is a SIZZLING popping orange (must have anyone?).

• 2/26/13 11:03 the Muse:

I must be having one of those mornings….these are baked blushes right? that’s what I typed? *looks confused as hell* sorry! :)

• 2/26/13 11:12 Jamie:

Is it because they are stated as being both Maybelline and Revlon blushes in the sentence?

• 2/26/13 11:18 the Muse:

lol yeah just realized that prob because I was in the process of writing a revlon post. oh lord. one of those days thanks guys :)

• 2/26/13 11:16 Madii:

You wrote these are REVLON blushes…

• 2/26/13 11:18 the Muse:

oh god. thanks lol I’m having one of those days.

• 2/26/13 10:25 Kimmwc03:

These look nice. I’ll have to look for these before they sell out.

• 2/26/13 10:34 JenJ:

Pretty! I went on a mini hunt yesterday and didn’t find the new maybelline stuff. The one downside to limited edition drugstore stuff :(

• 2/26/13 11:06 Cindy Ramirez:

I’m really kicking myself in the ass for not picking these up EVEN with the shimmer factor, that orange looks amazballz!

• 2/26/13 12:06 elle:

i’m totally here for golden fuse but the more i look at coral burst the more i’m convincing myself that it’d look great on my nc-42 skin

i don’t even like spring collections for makeup (pastels are my arch nemesis, blech) but this season a lot of brands are changing that for me

• 2/26/13 12:35 Vi:

Golden Fuse looks gorgeous, maybe like what Hard Candy Honeymoon was supposed to me? a nice gentle gold glow on cheeks. :) Coral Burst is probably coming home with me, too…I have yellow/olive-y skin, and I keep hearing about how orange is just fab on this kind of skin tone. I’ll wait for your review, though!

• 2/26/13 12:55 Daniela:

I just grabbed these and swatched them on my blog. I love these blushes and still have the ones from last year. Coral Burst is awesome!!!

• 2/26/13 15:56 Kiss & Make-up:

Wowza, love the orange! The other two? Ehhh…

• 2/26/13 18:03 Olivia:

Can’t wait to see the orange one swatched! May need it.

• 2/26/13 22:23 Lemony Licks:

I want Wild Blossom! It looks so pretty.

• 2/27/13 4:57 Abryda:

I’m getting that Coral Burst it looks HOT!!!!!

• 2/27/13 15:41 Christina:

Hiya Muse! Last week, I picked up all three of the new LE blushes at Walgreen’s (along with the purple eyeliner, the blue eyeliner, and the Violet Volt quad) but after reading your post I decided to purchase a back-up of Coral Burst. It is a gorgeous color — the pictures don’t do it justice — and I think it will be especially great on a summer tan.

• 2/27/13 15:49 the Muse:

christina AWESOME ;-D anything new and exciting at Harmons your side of the world? :-D I really think it’s back up worthy for sure :) So glad you got a backup! Kinda regretting not getting one. I went to the Bed, Bath, and Beyond Harmons and they had a full display! Kicking myself!

• 2/27/13 16:03 Christina:

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised to find another Coral Burst sitting in the display so I didn’t hesitate to purchase.

Not much to report at Harmon’s but the nice ladies who work there (and see me often enough) gave me a heads-up on the bright Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeshadow sticks (turquoise, blue, green) although they hadn’t been added to the black, brown and grey already on the display. I did get the purple, bronze and white at CVS. But you seem to be doing pretty well at your local Harmon’s!

• 3/1/13 16:02 the Muse:

TGIF Christina! I don’t blame you! I def need a backup! I didn’t try my one yet def need to get on just in case I need more shades!

• 3/1/13 21:48 erica:

Coral Burst is a perfect dupe for MAC rule eyeshadow. I will be using this as an eyeshadow! Love them all though!! :)

• 4/16/13 12:22 IDreamofSeoul:

I bought the coral and the lavender OH-EM-GEE everyone needs to try the coral. Everyone! Being very pale, I find that orangey blush rarely looks good on me, but this one is ah-may-zing. The purple one has some shimmer to it and is so sheer that I just use it as a highlighter or to color shift my normal pink blush to a cooler tone. Maybelline needs to make these all the time for the rest of forever.