Tarte Prime, Shine & Define To-Go Kit for $12

Tarte Prime Shine Define To Go Kit

If you have a lemming to try something new check out the Tarte Prime, Shine & Define To-Go Kit your next trip to Ulta.

This little kit contains essentials from Tarte for $12 including their new Amazonian Clay BB Illuminating Moisturizer. This is an excellent way to try that new BB highlighter and grab some other goodies from Tarte without committing to full sizes.

This three piece deluxe size sampler includes:

I really like little sets like this as for under $4 bucks each I can get generously sized samples to try out without committing a full $30-$40 on the full size item without ever having tried it before.

More brands should do this!

This little set is available now at Ulta and Ulta.com

What do you think of sets like this?

Prefer just buying the full size?

Like the idea of samples?

Do share!

• 2/22/13 9:53 Cindy Ramirez:

Oh I love this little idea! I’ll deff pick this up, Tarte is one of those brands I always hear so much good stuff about but never really dabble into their products.

• 2/22/13 10:21 Kitten:

I love that they do this! I bought the deluxe sampler they had for their primers and it’s been wonderful! The sizes are great and I was able to try both the face primers and the eyelid primer without alot of money. Super great idea :-D

• 2/22/13 10:28 the Muse:

kitten I remember that set and thought it was great too! I think it’s an affordable way to check out their newest offerings ;D

• 2/22/13 10:30 Icequeen81:

love it

• 2/22/13 11:17 Chynna:

I really like these products and that mascara is one of my favorites. I love Tarte, but I’m also still a little mad at them for just slapping BB on so many things and calling it a day. The tube of tinted moisturizer on Friday becomes BB cream on Monday? Sad.

• 2/22/13 11:24 the Muse:

sigh yeah :(

• 2/22/13 11:25 Simone:

Wow! I can’t believe the $12 price tag! How cool!
    Time for a trip to Ulta!

• 2/22/13 11:49 kimkats:

dang – ulta is going to be getting a lot of my $$ soon! This is SUCH a brilliant idea – Totes agree that more companies should do it, esp. with airline regulations and so on. Those would make super little travel companions!

• 2/22/13 11:49 the Muse:

ooo true true wasn’t even thinking ’bout that ;D

• 2/22/13 12:20 Kiss & Make-up:

I will go with Prime and Define. I don’t need more Shine.

• 2/22/13 12:58 Cj:

No thankyou that bb illuminating thing is just their old illuminating tinted moisturizer, they did the same thing with their smooth operator tinted moisturizer, which they also added chunks of glitter for some crazy reason :( I used to really like that TM

• 2/22/13 16:22 Caroline H.:

I’m with you; I’d rather try something out in a sample size first before splurging on the full size. I’m also pleased at the price of this kit; things like this tend to sometimes be too expensive to be worth it. But at under 4 bucks, this one will probably be in my possession soon!

• 2/22/13 17:32 Ashley:

I love ideas like this! If more companies would jump on this fabulous marketing idea they would see an overall increase in sales overtime.

I know when I get excited for bonus days at Clinque and Estee Lauder for this exact reason. You get all these new goodies, to try and who knows you may fall in love with them!
    Making you and the company happy.

I mean times are tough, but how many times have we all purchased things for $12, sometimes we need a boost but don’t want to pamper ourselves by stretching our wallets too thin. Genuis idea. Companies that offer samples and make the effort are only helping their company in the long run. Who doesn’t like samples?Free or for a fraction of the cost?
    Perfect for gift giving, when you don’t want to over spend. Too many what ifs. What if they have it, don’t like it? $12-if they don’t like it they can give it back to me haha.

• 2/23/13 9:45 the Muse:

I concur Ashley ;-D

• 2/23/13 11:02 StellaDiva:

I found this is by the register at Ulta where the travel sizes are displayed. Also, my Ulta did not yet have the Vichy BB. Or the new Stilla palettes. But I did get a $5 off $15 coupon so I will go back in a week and see.

• 2/23/13 11:20 the Muse:

thanks for the updates Stella :-D Very helpful!

• 2/23/13 12:57 Danii:

Want to try, but skeptical. Purely because anything that has color-foundation product, it probably is medium or any other color too dark for me. tarte’s lightest shade of Amazonian Clay foundation is positively perfect for me but I’m not sure about it across the board. I also don’t need more glitter products. Still have two tubes of SKIN79 Diamond BB from the black box gift set. Tore through the Hot Pink and Gold VIP, so no more “luminizing” product, please.

• 2/24/13 22:05 Rainer:

I always like to try before purchasing the full size so its a great idea.