Brighter Skin with Clinique Derma White Brightening Essence

Clinique Derma White Brightening Essence

Clinique Derma White Brightening Essence is on my wish list at the moment but I admit I have some reservations about it.

I seriously feel like one of the few people on Gallifrey the planet who hasn’t had great success with the Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Corrector.

Le sigh!

I literally used two bottles of it but nothing happened. But I hopes for Clinique Derma White Brightening Essence this will surely work right?

Clinique Derma White Brightening Essence ($59) gives skin a lighter, more luminous finish using botanical extracts known for their overall brightening effects.

This is a layable serum which can be used morning and night. I think perhaps they’ll be further products in the Derma White Collection as Clinique recommends as part of “your Derma White regime”. If there are several products like say a moisturizer, night cream, etc…chances are the layering technique of a daily skincare regime could prove fruitful in brighter skin.

Or one can hope…

Needless to say I’d be willing to push aside my current regime and give it a whirl.

It’ll be available shortly from Clinique.com and at Clinique counters.

What do you think of Clinique’s skincare?

Think you’d like to try this serum?

Do share!

• 3/6/13 10:34 Sasha:

All these brightening products seem hopeful but then you try them and they don’t end up working. :( But I just (might) snatch this up and consider trying it out as I am in need of brightening! What brightening products have you tried that have worked for brightening your complexion? :)

• 3/6/13 10:40 the Muse:

i really like Philosophy Dark Spot Corrector :) good stuff!

• 3/6/13 10:44 moja31:

It would be great if they’d come up with a slightly less creepy name for it. As someone who isn’t Caucasian, and doesn’t wish to whiten my skin, I’d be inclined to look to something not literally named “Skin White” for help dealing with my dark spots. While they obviously aren’t bottling skin bleach, they did a better job appealing to a wider customer base with their previous “Dark Spot Corrector.” I guess sometimes there can be a lot in a name.

• 3/6/13 10:55 Jill:

Clinique skincare is hit or miss (mostly miss in my experience). I love their Turnaround Concentrate serum though, definitely worth a shot if you haven’t tried it!

• 3/6/13 11:02 the Muse:

thanks for the rec Jill!

• 3/6/13 12:16 Dawn:

I tried the Clinique Even Better Dark Spot corrector and I was so hopeful (since NOTHING has ever worked for me in the past). Sadly, I see no difference. I really wish I could find something that finally shows results!

• 3/6/13 12:29 the Muse:

dawn same here, I used two bottles, I was consistency with it, but no luck. really wanted to love it.

• 3/6/13 13:21 Charlene:

i’ve tried the Clinique Even better as well. It did absolutely nothing. waste of money and time. Should have returned it

However I have had luck with L’Occitane Brightening Essense serum. The dark spots have been getting lighter. I use it twice a day and definitely notice a difference!

• 3/6/13 13:26 the Muse:

i didn’t really have luck with L’Occitane either le sigh :(

• 3/6/13 18:29 AnniLau:

I tried a bottle when it first came out and then another one later when they declared it “Clinical,” but neither did anything for the bit of sun damage I have on the left side of my face. My Mom loved the Clinical though.

• 3/6/13 21:42 Rae:

I tried the Clinique Dark Spot Corrector with no luck either :( I had high hopes but it actually broke me out! I have been looking at some La Roche Posay products, have any recommendations from their line? Thanks!

• 3/7/13 10:17 the Muse:

sorry rae I don’t, never really used their products.

• 3/7/13 11:21 AmandaM:

I’m on the same planet as you with the Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Corrector-It did nothing for me! I can’t wait to read you review of the Clinique Derma White Brightening Essence if you decide to try it.

• 3/7/13 11:26 the Muse:

I was so dedicated to it too :) damn! I’ll def be picking it up Amanda ;D

• 3/7/13 11:59 Morthy:

I also tried the Even Better Dark Spot Corrector but it did nothing for me. When I asked a dermatologist about it, she said dermatologists weren’t sure these cosmetics products work and prescribed me hydroquinone (to be used in winter only). She said I could look for niacinamide if I wanted a less controversial ingredient. I’ve found it in a Pond’s cream and it seems to be working, slowing fading my dark spots.

All that said, I’d love to believe Clinique can help me with my dark spots, but I can’t!

• 3/7/13 12:38 Sarah:

I’m with you; I used the Even Better religiously and it didn’t do squat. The only thing that worked was going to the derm and getting the Clear and Brilliant laser treatment about 5 or 6 times. Expensive but so worth it (it should be noted my melasma was so bad it gave me a mustache – not a good look).

• 3/7/13 15:52 Miss D:

I haven’t tried this so I don’t know if it works or not, but I believe the derma white line has been out in Japan for years, hasn’t it?

• 3/7/13 15:53 the Muse:

yes I believe they had an entire whitening line that they do yearly in Japan, I’ve never tried it but yes ;D

• 5/19/13 15:41 Esin:

I’ve been using Even Better Dark Spot Corrector for 10 months now and purchased 5 50 ml bottles! I think people are seriously lying when they say how “amazing” this product is. Sure, it brightens acne scars a little bit but one would expect that in 10 months they would be gone like it had been promised right?

Definitely won’t be buying this.

• 8/24/13 22:51 Haretho:

Clinique dark spot corrector worked very well for me in less than a week I saw my dark spots reduce and in four weeks they were gone. I got the smallest size, finished it and still about two months later no return of dark spots. Ama try the brightening cream now.