New SPF: Bobbi Brown Protective Face Base SPF 50

Bobbi Brown Protective Face Base SPF 50

Bobbi take all my money! I need the new Bobbi Brown Protective Face Base SPF 50! Just take my wallet, here’s my credit card, take it all.

$39 Protective Face Base with an SPF 50? YEAH I need it.

Bobbi Brown Protective Face Base SPF 50 is actually a return product but I’ve never tried it or even KNEW about it until now.

This is a lightweight moisturizing lotion featuring SPF 50 broad-spectrum sun protection. Basically it acts as a moisturizer/ primer as well as an SPF.

With an antioxidant rich formula that includes vitamin E and mushroom extracts to fight skin-damaging free radicals, as well as algae and chamomile extracts for their anti-inflammatory and calming effect, the formula promises to absorb quickly.

At $39 I’m sold!

My HG SPF is Allie but I’d be cool with getting something more locally.

This is in my cart.

Must try!

Available now at BobbiBrown.com

Tried it?

Do share!

• 3/5/13 20:07 blueraccoon:

I’m sunk. I think I need this. I also want to get the long-wear even finish compact but I can’t figure out which shade – Muse, do you know if Alabaster or Porcelain is lighter? I know I’m one of them but not which one.

• 3/6/13 9:40 the Muse:

girl I’d go to counter, I find Bobbi’s shades run really dark!!!!!!!!!! alabaster is the lighter but def rec counter, she always has such beige under tones in her makeup or maybe it’s me?!

• 3/6/13 11:48 blueraccoon:

Well…bugger. :) thanks for the tip muse. I had really good luck with her BB cream – extra light suits me perfectly – so I have hopes I’ll find a match in the foundations, but I will def go to counter for swatch first!

• 3/6/13 12:06 the Muse:

my pleasure :)

• 3/6/13 19:00 Veronica:

I echo her sentiment to try it in person, but from my personal experience, I do find Alabaster is pretty darn light. It’s really aimed at NC5/10, while Porcelain is more NC10/15. The biggest difference is in the undertone – there’s more pinky peach in Porcelain. For reference, I’m NC10 right now. I use Porcelain in the concealer/corrector and fall right between the lightest two shades in the foundation range.

• 3/7/13 11:52 Cj:

Yeah I’m nc15 and I use porcelain in her skin foundation, hope that helps!

• 3/5/13 20:25 Claire:

great find muse! BB is one brand I don’t know a lot about and this looks AWESOME!

• 3/5/13 20:56 the Muse:

thanks claire! how did I not know about this!? :D

• 3/5/13 20:54 Marie:

Wrong pic?

• 3/5/13 20:55 the Muse:

?

• 3/5/13 20:55 Marie:

Urgg sorry ignore earlier comment. My stupid computer.

• 3/5/13 21:23 G:

hi muse! do you know what the ingredients are in this?

• 3/5/13 21:26 the Muse:

i do not my dear girl but if I get a bottle will post.

• 3/6/13 9:51 Cj:

Huh… I don’t know about this, I think I’m gonna need to see a review first.

• 3/6/13 11:44 Ashley:

Bought this Monday and LOVE it. It’s everything it claims to be…lightweight, doesn’t pill or roll when layered with other products, doesn’t leave a white cast (an issue that I sometimes come across and a dark skinned woman) and absorbs quickly and easily without leaving a greasy residue but moisturizing my skin sufficiently.

• 3/6/13 12:35 the Muse:

fantastic!

• 3/6/13 19:03 Veronica:

I think Bobbi Brown just answered my cosmetic dreams. I only really started to wear foundation regularly this past winter, and I was pouting a bit over the thought of having to slather on the SPF to avoid being lobster-faced in the summer. This would be perfect. :)

• 3/6/13 20:03 JenJ:

Oh B. Brown you get me every time! I’m curious about this.

• 3/7/13 9:12 Zoorkitty:

Hello muse, your opening line cracked me up. I am the same….I will willingly give my money to Bobbi. Anyway I bought it and use it and its dreamy. Not heavy, not oily, no white cast (unlike the Clinique Youth Surge Age Deaccelarating SPF 15 white cast and greasy on my NC43/44) I have normal to dry, but mainly normal skin with no blemishes.

I threw the packaging away and the tube has no ingredient listed. The lotion is a thick milky white but don’t be scared. I use this and my bobbi brown bb cream in Medium over it. That’s my makeup done!

Hongkong humid summer will be in soon so will let you know it goes.

• 3/7/13 9:20 the Muse:

zoor me too hehe…seriously, Bobbi makes the best stuff :) I willing throw my cash at Trish McEvoy too! Love love her stuff ;-D I’m so happy this works! I’m going to test it out next week and see what I think! It sounds wonderful!!!!!!

• 3/7/13 9:26 Cj:

Omg trish, I just stole her liquid face color from my BFF >.> ill return it when I get mine in the mail lol!

• 3/7/13 9:31 the Muse:

hehe ;-D

• 3/7/13 15:50 Miss D:

Ha, I love it- “Bobbi, take all my money!” I’m going to tell you what a therapist would probably tell all of us on this blog: “I think you may be in an unhealthy relationship”…with cosmetics of course! But we all are!!

• 3/7/13 15:53 the Muse:

Hehehehehe!

• 3/7/13 16:50 Iris:

This sounds like the perfect product to use under powder. The higher the SPF, the better for me.

• 3/21/13 11:29 Cj:

Hey did you get this?

• 3/21/13 14:02 the Muse:

not yet grrrrrrrrrrr good!?

• 3/21/13 14:08 Cj:

Hah idk I’m waiting for you! XD I can’t find info on this for anything lol. Not even ingredients. I’m wondering if its silicone base or what

• 1/25/14 20:12 glittergirl:

Would this product be used underneath or over your usual (non spf) moisturizer?

Or can it be used on it’s own?