Sephora Dark Spot Minimizing Serum

Sephora Dark Spot Minimizing Serum

Dark spot correctors will likely get a big push for Spring/Summer 2013 and the Sephora Dark Spot Minimizing Serum hits my sweet spot at a mere $20 dollars.

This serum targets dark spots and helps to reduce them!

Take a peek!

Sephora Dark Spot Minimizing Serum targeted serum with a micro-exfoliating applicator that helps to reduce the appearance of dark spots.

No word on the exact ingredients in this one but one can hope it contains hydroquinone.

In a one month period, according to Sephora’s tests, dark spots were three times less visible.

That’s enough to make me happy!

And at $20 it’s one of the more affordable correctors out there.

Thoughts?

Do share!

Available now at Sephora and Sephora.com

• 3/14/13 10:48 Melissa:

I was utterly disappointed with Clinique’s Dark Spot Corrector so naturally I’m weary of any product which claims to diminish/fade dark spots. I have just a few (most likely from years lying in a tanning bed) and Clinique’s was an utter failure for me. I would be interested to see how this one compares. The price is definitely more affordable!

• 3/14/13 11:29 the Muse:

melissa yeah, same thing for me, I think I made it through two bottles of Clinique’s Even Better Dark Spot Corrector and never saw a difference in my skin!

• 3/15/13 9:28 janice:

hi muse! i am a skincare consultant at sephora in jersey city. you should come visit! this does not contain hydroquinone.

• 3/15/13 9:35 the Muse:

hi janice thanks for confirming :) I’m not in jersey but if I’m ever in your area will def stop by ;-D Can’t pass a Sephora up wherever I am :)

• 3/16/13 9:16 janice:

hi muse! have you heard anything about any new korres eyemakeup coming out? i’m not in color (too much drama in that department!) and i love their skincare and their old color stuff. hope if you find out, you will do a review!

• 6/17/13 16:50 the Muse:

i haven’t janice…got a link of some sort?

• 3/14/13 10:49 Cj:

I’ll just leave this here…

• 3/14/13 11:23 the Muse:

lol I wanna kiss you with tongue right now LOL! you always make me laugh :) *squeezes you tight*

• 3/14/13 14:09 lisa:

Not to sound dumb but is that little meme CJ’s way of saying this product is a fail? Just asking!!

• 3/14/13 14:12 the Muse:

no lisa he was saying he doesn’t have dark spots but wanted to try it anyway :)

• 3/14/13 13:26 Tammie:

lol! Well tell ya what, you can have my dark spots so you can try the correctors, and I’ll take your clear skin. Deal?

• 3/14/13 10:55 Ashley:

You know, I’m always surprised by Sephora. I have a sample of their instant moisturizer that’s really great in a pinch and their volume mascara was really great. BUT on the down side, I hate their pencil eyeliner. So much smudging! I might try this out since it’s affordable.

• 3/14/13 10:55 Kimmwc03:

I’m willing to give this a shot. I’m always scared to try products with hydroquinone in it since I’ve heard it causes cancer. Maybe that is not true now. I can’t keep up with all the bad things.

• 3/14/13 10:56 the Muse:

ugh I can’t either I hadn’t heard that now I’m terrified lol! not sure this contains it though but hoping it does (or not now lol).

• 3/14/13 20:56 Daemonswolf:

The important thing to remember is that in small amounts a lot of those scary ingredients aren’t that dangerous. In massive constant application parabens – for example- might be dangerous, but in small amounts there are no studies that show that it’s going to cause cancer.

Though I am inspired to do research into case studies about hydroquinone and write about it.

• 3/14/13 11:10 Michelle:

Hummm, I’ll try this for $20.
    I’m just in my EARLY 30’s and I swear to god I’m getting little “freckles” around my eye area – I can see them. Like it’s not bad enough that I have dark circles, I have to contend with spots? WTF?

• 3/14/13 11:22 the Muse:

lol michelle ;-D 30 was like discovering my skin for the first time, things suddenly change :D

• 3/14/13 11:16 kiwikiwidragon:

Water, Alcohol, Glycerin, Propanediol, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Salicylic Acid, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Butylene Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Laureth-7, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Sodium Phytate, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate.

No aformentioned ingredient. Hope that helps :)

• 3/14/13 11:21 the Muse:

you’re a gem I didn’t see it anywhere ;-D

• 3/16/13 8:17 CreoleCryss:

I’ve been using this since Feb 28th, so far not a drastic change on older marks but some of the newer marks are starting to fade slightly. I think patience is key here…I know a lot of my older dark spots (some from acne some from ingrown hairs *tears*) will take much longer to fade. I’m satisfied so far and for $20 it’s a steal. I’ve been thinking about applying it with my old school hydroquinone lightener to see if it doesn’t cause irritation and if it speeds up the process (and yes I know what they say and after years of using this off and on I have no damage or cancer or anything that this is supposed to cause).

• 5/29/13 4:55 lola:

hi, can you tell me which one is the best dark spot cream/serum that can fully repair or minimizing my dark spot’s?
    i have problem with that :( and don’t know which one i must try.

• 9/25/14 23:10 Faith:

This product is no longer offered and I would like to know why because it was fantastic.

• 9/26/14 7:26 Isabella Muse:

i dunno faith maybe ask sephora directly?