L’Oreal Miss Candy Collection for Summer 2013

LOreal Miss Candy Collection

Good news the L’Oreal Miss Candy Collection has finally released in the US. The Miss Candy Collection launched a while in the UK and Canada however, the US unfortunately never got the collection. But lucky enough we are finally seeing it here. This collection includes four new (previously released and newly named), limited edition shades of L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow as well as a host of other goodies.

Take a look!

• Mango Mama
  • Bananarama Love
  • Creme de Mint

LOreal Miss Candy Gellie Nail Color

L’Oreal Miss Candy Nail Lingerie

LOreal Miss Candy Nail Lingerie

I located the display at my local Walgreens but my friend and reader Christine said she got her goodies at CVS so you’ll have to hunt around a bit for this one.

I’ve already reviewed many of the Infallible shades already when I hauled them from the UK however, I decided to repurchase them out of curiosity to see if the colors were any different. For example Cherie Merie seems a little darker than the Magnetic Coral shade I already own.

• 4/30/13 14:04 Sara:

This collection looks so fun! Do you know how opaque the glosses will be?

• 4/30/13 14:06 the Muse:

haven’t tried them sara but they look sheer.

• 4/30/13 21:15 Pockykami:

I tried the mint and lavender one and they were very sheer. I was so disappointed.

• 4/30/13 14:05 Sparkled Beauty:

We had a different Miss Candy collection in Canada before, which is why they changed this collection to Miss Pop. The display I found last week did not come with the Infallibles and have less shades of everything compared to what you get :)

• 4/30/13 14:06 the Muse:

yea I remember that one! I believe pepsi-coral was the shade introduced with your Miss Candy Collection! :D

• 4/30/13 14:12 Fancyprance:

Muse- If you have any info on what the original names of the Infallibles are, could you please share? I though Cherie Marie looked suspiciously like Magnetic Coral, so I’m curious what the others were originally as well.

• 4/30/13 14:17 the Muse:

magnetic coral and pepsi-coral were the names in the UK/England. others were sassy marshmallow and naughty strawberry as well as innocent turquoise, if you look back through my archives I swatched/reviewed a good deal of the ones launched in the UK. Hope this helps. I think magnetic coral wasn’t actually part of miss candy it was the electric something collection…but don’t quote me on that :-D it was last Summer and I’m drawing a blank!

• 4/30/13 14:22 Fancyprance:

Thank you! I love your blog and find it an invaluable tool for my makeup “hobby”. You are a fantastic resource. Cheers!

• 4/30/13 14:23 the Muse:

my pleasure! aw thanks you’re lovely :) <3!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4/30/13 14:19 Jaz:

I am going to need Cherie Marie in my life ASAP.

• 4/30/13 14:20 Whistlingdixiee:

Mint colored lip gloss? I wonder what that color would like on? I’m intrigued…

• 4/30/13 15:04 amy:

Do you know how the purple compares to the purple in the permanant collection? Or if anyone can answer that? I love purples, but if they’re the same I don’t want to waste time chasing it down!

• 4/30/13 15:16 Ruth:

*head desk* there goes my “no buy.” again. those infallible colors are amazing! I tried to order them from the UK last summer but there was some type of embargo on them, so I’m really glad they made it state side.

• 4/30/13 15:34 MJ:

Oooo~ those look cute. :)

• 4/30/13 15:36 blueraccoon:

I’ve been seeing this display in Fred Meyer around here, and I think maybe Walgreens? I grabbed all four of the infallibles, and I really like Strawberry Blonde. I’ll be curious to see what you have to say about them!

• 4/30/13 15:39 Kimmwc03:

I bought the nail colors I wanted at Rite-Aid a couple weeks ago but they did not have the glosses or Infallibles. I’ll have to check somewhere else for those items.

• 4/30/13 15:52 Angel:

I got the purple lip gloss and it is quite sheer. However the purple and aqua eyeshadows are beautiful! I wish I could afford the whole collection though. I just love anytime makeup and candy come together :D

• 4/30/13 15:54 kiwikiwidragon:

Both green and purple will be mine! If they have 2, I will get both :O. The purple looks similar to the one from the project runway collection. Wonder if its repromoted.

• 4/30/13 21:19 Pockykami:

It’s more of a lavender like revlon’s super lustrous lilac pastelle. It’s very sheer though.

• 4/30/13 16:19 Tammie:

…I bought all the nail polishes lol

• 4/30/13 16:25 the Muse:

i was tempted…! I thought they’d look fabs on my toes ;D I got one, the orange.

• 4/30/13 16:27 Tammie:

Yes! I can’t speak for the more pastel ones but the brights are great.

If you see it again pick up the blue, it’s pretty much TARDIS blue xD

• 4/30/13 16:36 the Muse:

I thought that blue was an old shade ;-D might have to go back do need tardis blue anything ;D

• 4/30/13 16:43 Tammie:

I think all the polishes are new/LE. They are all the same translucent jelly finish as your orange one.

• 4/30/13 16:44 the Muse:

i thought someone put them in the display duh :D

• 4/30/13 16:51 Tammie:

Ah, yeah. Actually when the blue was sold out when I went later for more of something else somebody had already filled it up with some color from the existing line. I hate it when they do that! So misleading. Let it just be empty haha

• 4/30/13 16:37 Christina:

Awww…”my friend and reader”…that is so nice! :-)

BTW the purple is this collection (With A Twist) is definitely different from the purples (Perpetual Purple and Smoldering Plum) in the permanent collection. With A Twist leans more fuchsia. Then again, I love anything purple so to me it’s an automatic purchase.

• 4/30/13 16:43 the Muse:

was gonna email you! *waves* but I got swamped ;-D had two clients in before I had the chance to! Yay for finally finding the display wahoo! this purple looks wearable so I’m hoping I can pull it off ;-D! only true, my friend ;-D hehe hugs!

• 4/30/13 16:50 Christina:

I think you personally are going to love Cherie Merie. It’s a gorgeous coral-orange and no issue with the dreaded frost finish. I love it and of course bought it but orange eyeshadows are not my best look if you know what I mean although it would make a killer blush color (no way I would try to use a lovely Infallible as a blush).

• 5/1/13 16:32 the Muse:

i have magnetic coral I think they are somewhat similiar but cherie merie seems less frost like you said which is GREAT :-D oranges aren’t my best look either but I’m in denial about that lol! but you’re right it might make an awesome blush ;-D why not!? it could work right?!

• 4/30/13 20:49 Olivia:

These are so cute!

• 5/1/13 7:12 Meg:

I picked up Cherie Merie because that was the only shadow left in the display when I found it. Gorgeous color, I am on the hunt for the other 3!

• 5/1/13 10:38 Abryda:

I’m picking up Cherie Merie definitely!!!!

• 5/1/13 19:48 Paloma:

oooomg, I want!!!!! Do you know the price range for these?

• 5/2/13 10:11 the Muse:

depends on the drugstore but typically $5.49 (harmons) through $7.99-$8.49 range (walgreens, cvs, etc)

• 5/1/13 23:24 meghan:

I want it all; especially all those gorgeous squishy jelly polishes! Because, I am ready for that jelly….^_^.

And after I just obsessively hauled the summer color tattoos (sheerness aside, I’m really enjoying them)! It’s not fair!! :(

• 5/2/13 10:07 the Muse:

me too meghan damn color tats are addicting!