NARS Light Optimizing Primer for Summer 2013

NARS Light Optimizing Primer

NARS Light Optimizing Primer is a newly launched lightweight primer coming at you this Summer.

Take a look!

NARS Light Optimizing Primer for Summer 2013

For Summer 2013, NARS introduces Pro-Prime Light Optimizing Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 15 ($34). Ideal for all skin types, this lightweight essential is loaded with the latest light-transforming technologies to enhance skin’s natural beauty. Prepare your skin for foundation that looks luminous and stays fresh all day.

Light Optimizing Primer Broad Spectrum SPF15 glides on and absorbs instantly, smoothing and evening skin’s surface. Dullness and signs of fatigue fade as NARS’ exclusive Light Reflecting Complex and red algae extract awaken and revitalize skin. Vitamins A, C and E help ward off free radical damage. Skin looks luminous all day, in any source of light.

Dermatologist tested. Oil-free. Paraben-free. Alcohol-free. Synthetic fragrance-free. Non-comedogenic.

It will be April 15, 2013 at NARS boutiques and narscosmetics.com

• 4/9/13 14:51 yelena:

I would be more excited about getting this if it had a higher SPF! I’m looking for a colorless primer with SPF 30 or higher….any suggestions muse?

I currently use garnier bb cream which I like but it only has SPF 15 so I would like to be able to put this on top of a primer with higher spf. that way I get the color I want with the spf I need :)

xoxo

• 4/9/13 14:58 the Muse:

love Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell White Sun Essence SPF50 Pa+++ at the moment :) good hydrating SPF and nice prep for makeup!

• 4/9/13 17:05 Joy:

Excuse my butting in, ladies, but… Muse, SPF 50 sounds great! Does that a shade that would suit NC30 (medium fair with yellow undertones)?

As far as primer, I use the Nars one with SPF30 and I’m looking to increase SPF so this new primer is not getting my interest.

• 4/10/13 9:33 the Muse:

hi joy, it’s transparent SPF, no color to it :)

• 4/10/13 19:19 Joy:

Thanks Musey! :D

• 4/11/13 9:54 the Muse:

my pleasure :)

• 4/10/13 16:00 yelena:

thanks muse! I found it on amazon for $24++ shipping. does it really whiten tho? that would be my only concern. I do have a few sunspots, but i’m not sure I need to “whiten” my entire face haha.

@Joy I tried the NARS primer but couldn’t find a color match.

@Deb, I will check out the MAC one as well. I also have a problem with MAC because the people who work there are sometimes rude. so its hit or miss and I hate going into their store. The ladies at Sephora are 10x nicer and more helpful

• 4/10/13 16:01 the Muse:

it does…but not MAJORLY :) plus you have to use it super long term to see the results. yay enjoy!

• 4/10/13 19:27 Joy:

Hi Yelena! The Nars Pro Prime Multi-Protect SPF 30 is white out of the tube but it’s transparent on the skin. I have the hardest time with sunscreens as my skin reacts badly to most of them, but this one my skin likes. I use the Nars as a sunscreen, the priming is just a bonus. I figure, if it’s gonna make my makeup sit well on my skin too, why not? Good luck on your search!

• 4/9/13 17:51 Deb:

Hi Yelena,
      MAC makes one in SPF 50. Colorless. Like Muse, I have dry skin and it works well as both primer and moisturizer for me in the summer. In the winter, I do have to use a separate moisturizer first. I’ve been using it for several years and have had no problems with breakouts, clogged pores, etc. It also has good lasting power. I like it so much that I always have an brand new tube on standby. And from me that’s saying something, because I absolutely hate MAC in general.

• 4/10/13 6:29 carnageincminor:

When I read this, all I could see was Optimus Prime.

(hello, long time lurker here, first time post.)

• 4/10/13 9:25 the Muse:

lol carnage great minds think a like because I was thinking the same when I posted it :-D *waves* hello nice to meet you!

• 4/10/13 10:58 Cj:

Liquid version of the light reflecting powders?? Yes please?? Did you ever get the bobbi brown primer? The spf protective base thingy? I’m super curious about it but there are no reviews and I can’t even find the ingredients so I don’t know if its like a lotion or silicone based or what

• 4/10/13 11:38 the Muse:

i did I really gotta get on it and review it, sorry for the delay also been trying out the skin food’s grape SPF 50 and LOVE IT!

• 4/10/13 11:42 Cj:

Oh lawd… Ok googling now.

• 4/10/13 11:50 the Muse:

:-D I’ll have a review shortly.

• 4/10/13 11:53 Cj: