Wet n Wild Summer 2013 Palettes

Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Medley Palette Summer 2013

Heads up Wet n Wild fans! The new Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Medley Palettes for Summer 2013 are hitting Walgreens locations now (That’s where I find these).

I really like the Color Icon Palettes but these new Eyeshadow Medley Palettes I’m a little unsure about.

You take a look, let me know what you think!

Available in two shade selections for $4.99 each these contain a palette featuring six eyeshadows, two eyeliners, and a liquid Mega Liner. The first row of the palette features shimmer overcoats, the second is made up of pearl powder eyeshadows, and the bottom row are matte eyeliner shades.

They actually have two shades available but neither is named outside of numbers 34120 and 34121. I have to admit they look very cheap and cheesy. The colors are quite mismatched as well so I’m unsure how exactly I feel about them. They also happen to smell very badly.

Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Medley Eyeshadow Palette

Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Medley Palette

This is what I’ve come to expect from Wet n Wild as lately they’ve been very on their game but these feel like a rushed job.

I’ll have to try them out and see what happens but so far I’m a little at odds how I feel about these new Meldey Palettes. I’m saddened they couldn’t even individually name them. Jeepers!

Anyone haul these yet?

Do share!

• 4/2/13 10:33 Liza:

I picked up all the new wnw stuff the other day including these palettes. I see what you mean about the colors. haven’t had a chance to try them yet so really haven’t formed an opinion.

We shall see!

• 4/2/13 10:35 the Muse:

same here liza, not sure what I think yet but so far kinda meh on them!

• 4/2/13 10:37 Caroline:

It’s cool that they come with an eyeliner, but–as you point out–the colors seem really random! Might have to skip these, sadly. Alas, I was never able to track down the spring palettes that were so pretty! Bummer.

• 4/2/13 10:54 the Muse:

aw sorry to hear it caroline :(

• 4/2/13 10:47 Missy:

Wow, those look like old school Wet & Wild… and not in a good way :/ They’ve been making such strides in quality but these just do not look good.

• 4/2/13 10:53 the Muse:

agreed Missy!

• 4/2/13 12:10 Johna:

These look like $1 store quality and like Missy said old school WnW :/

• 4/2/13 12:46 amy:

The liners look like they may be decent, but the shadows just come off as chalky & unpigmented, even in the pan… I think I’ll pass on these, especially if there’s an odd smell.

• 4/2/13 12:59 Sara:

I JUST found the Spring palettes in CVS yesterday, to my shock and amazement. My tiny CVS almost never gets those displays. I bought the Going in to the Wild one and the swatches were quite pretty that I did. Gonna try it out tomorrow for a spring-inspired eye look.

• 4/2/13 13:16 the Muse:

yay happy to hear it sara have fun!

• 4/2/13 13:09 Winni:

Bought them and like them! They look tacky, but the matte navy blue and matte brown are awesome! I also like the gold sparkle overcoat shade a lot. I still haven’t seen the spring palettes here yet. :/

• 4/2/13 13:16 the Muse:

relieved! I didn’t swatch but was concerned how bad they looked! aw sorry win :-/ If my DS still had them I’d offer to pick them up but sadly the display disappeared fast!

• 4/2/13 13:20 Blee:

Well Ill wait for your review. I do like the matte colors I see. Hope they are better than what you see.

• 4/2/13 14:11 charlotte:

All the reviews I have seen say they swatch really well. I do agree about the cheapo packaging and weird color combos. That copper color in the center of the second palette is absolutely gorgeous swatched.. and the glitter colors have gotten rave reviews, everyone was expecting flaky fallout city, but they go on very smooth. Tried Wags yesterday but they did not have them.. and STILL no spring LE in my area.

• 4/2/13 14:33 Mei:

Have gotten some recent palettes by them and have been pretty impressed but I’m not sure if I really care for these. They remind me of the cheapy play makeup my mum would buy for me when I was a kid.

• 4/2/13 16:37 Joyce:

I saw the display and was like, “ooh! limited edition wet n wild!” Then I saw the palettes and was like “lol no.”

• 4/2/13 19:17 blueraccoon:

I saw these at Walgreens and was like “ooh, WnW…uh, no, pass” once I saw the colors. I did grab the two LE Color Icon palettes (Because I’m still kicking myself for missing the holiday ones) but this I can skip.

• 4/2/13 21:02 texaspeech:

i bought the one you have shown above. i’ve only tried a couple of colors and i like them. the copper as Charlotte states is gorgeous. I put it on top of a gold I had on today and I loved it. The ones meant for eyeliner, i used as crease stamp colors. the purple/slate looking color is actually gorgeous. so if you only use a few colors, it wasn’t so much money and i thought they would be fun to try.

• 4/3/13 2:53 Katie T.:

Reviews for these have been terrible; I can tell from first glance that it looks horribly chalky.

• 4/3/13 16:17 Abryda:

Yeah I passed up on all the summer products they just didn’t impress me. I love the original color icon palettes so much, but WnW just hasn’t been able to duplicate the quality with anything else that has come out after that.

• 4/18/13 1:57 Melissa:

Are you ever going to swatch these by any chance? They seem so tacky and so 80s like they just dug them out of some old warehouse XD but I’m curious about a few of these shades.

• 4/18/13 8:34 the Muse:

yup melissa I have a review and swatches planned :)

• 4/26/13 3:11 Miss Maggie:

lol I bought both of them! It took a couple visits to decide whether or not I wanted to but I caved and got them, I actually really like them as odd as the color scheme of the palettes go. I think they look very 80s so as I was figuring out what to do with them I was like 80s summer here I come! I even thru on the Sweet Dreams album by the Eurythmics to help set the mood lol had some issues with fall out, 34120 is more dry and not AS pigmented as the 34121 but they are nice colors, pretty glittery but I have come up with some nice looks so far!