Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer for Summer 2013

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer

Thanks to Courtney for the tip today that Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer Lipgloss is available at drugstore.com. These already released in the UK as Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer apparently it is being called Show Off here in the US.

I hope they make an appearance in drugstores as I’m quite curious to try them.

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer ($5.49) are available in 14 shades and promise a richly pigmented lipstick formula with a smooth satin shine. It’s not a gloss, not a lipstick, but the best of two words. The shine of a gloss and the lasting pigment of a lipstick is brought together in Rimmel’s Show Off Lip Lacquer.

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer Apocaliptic

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer Aurora

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer Big Bang

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer Celestial

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer Comet

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer Galaxy

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer Light Year

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer Luna

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer Nova

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer Nude Eclipse

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer Out of this World

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer Solstice

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer Stargazer

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer Stellar

I think these are two tempting not to just purchase online! Who knows when they’ll end up in drugstores right?

Yeah, maybe a few shades might jump into my cart accidentally and I’ll have to click submit!

• 5/22/13 17:38 Tammie:

Yay! I’ve been wanting to try these, so glad they are coming here.

• 5/22/13 18:31 Lisa:

I don’t see a single shade I don’t want- a first for me! I’m just going to have to justify the $$ bc they are gorgeous!

• 5/22/13 18:32 meghan:

I can’t wait to see some watches, these look lovely!

• 5/22/13 18:34 Anastasiya:

My friend brought one of these back from London for me :) I love it! Really stays in and is super smooth. Definitely want more of them.

• 5/22/13 20:07 moja31:

Absolutely cannot wait to try these. I was going to have my sister send me some from across the pond, but now I’ll wait to see them in person. Everything I’ve heard about them, gives them rave reviews.

• 5/22/13 20:57 Gal:

Are these the same as Rimmel’s Apocalips from across the pond?

• 5/22/13 20:58 Gal:

SOrry skipped over the part where you mentioned that. Nevermind

• 5/22/13 23:29 Caroline:

Awesome! I was stalking their facebook because I want to try them and it said not until autumn 2013. Is May autumn, now. I mean target thinks August is winter, so maybe May is autumn. I might have to place an order soon to try these, I’ve been dying to.

• 5/23/13 0:10 Kadie Lee:

I’m super stoked that these are finally showing up the the US, but I’m kinda bummed that they aren’t called Apocolips! That was one of the cutest things ever!

• 5/23/13 0:22 Polly:

Wahoo!! I’m super excited and there are additional shades!!

• 5/23/13 2:54 tiffany:

they are also available on walgreens.com!

• 5/23/13 9:05 the Muse:

thanks tiffany! :)

• 5/23/13 3:31 Danii:

Apocalips? RIMMEL PLEASE! Illamasqua claimed that name for their startling teal lipstick!Released last year, I snapped it up because I’m a teal junkie. I don’t think this will have anything on the real Apocalips, these shades look like the average lip gloss line-up! RIGHT HERE is Apocalips: http://www.illamasqua.com/shop/products/lips/apocalips-lipstick

• 5/23/13 6:28 Shiri Ben-Tovim:

How awesome! So weird with the name though… & BTW the european version has only 8 colors but the Show Off’s come in 14! I wish Drugstore.com had international delivery :(!!!

• 5/23/13 10:31 Louise:

I purchased the Apocalips on ASOS and absolutely love them! The shades are gorgeous, great pigmentation and quite long lasting as well.

• 5/23/13 10:38 Sahara:

Oh wow, lucky you get to choose out of 14 shades whereas we only got 8! I didn’t like any of the colours we got here so skipped them, but ughhhh I see so many from your line-up that I need! Nooooo!!
    *rings up swap buddy*
    =P

• 5/23/13 14:25 Tara B:

Yay! I am so excited! I have celestial which I picked up in a swap and it is amazing!

• 5/23/13 15:56 Janelle:

I’m in love off to walgreens. These also are not too bad on my lips so that is a good thing…lips are peeling now so I am justifying :)

• 5/25/13 4:54 Fiona:

Yet again the US get more colours, even though they were released here first and Rimmel is a UK brand! Dissappointing but enjoy them! xx

• 5/26/13 15:05 Lisa:

I work at a Walgreens, and we just got these on our truck the other day! I was so excited to see them in a display, but sadly, I have to wait until next week before I can purchase them! ):

• 5/26/13 16:32 Abigail:

Since Rimmel came to the US I’ve been obsessing over their lipsticks and lip glosses. I’m thrilled about the new lip lacquer and will probably end up collecting all of the colors one or two at a time.

• 5/28/13 15:54 Brittany:

I purchased a couple shades when I found them in a nearby Walgreens but I was wondering, since you also review foreign cosmetics, would it be possible to do a comparison between the Show Off lip lacquer and the Apocalips lip lacquer? I remember some British bloggers describing Apocalips as a gradual satin finish lip stain but the Show off version seem to me to be more of a pigmented lip gloss.

In hindsight, I chose some of the neutral pinks. With the Revlon Balm Stains’, the less bright colors tended to act poorly as lip stains so that might play into my thoughts.

• 5/28/13 16:00 the Muse:

hi brittany I actually didn’t end up hauling the original apocalips but I’ll see about grabbing some, I’m curious now how the formulas compare! I hope they aren’t satin, I’d prefer more of a liquid lipstick.

• 5/28/13 16:33 Tammie:

I got 4 of the Show Offs at Walgreens the other day and as an avid lipgloss fan I’d say these were definitely a liquid lipstick, although they are rather shiney they aren’t glossy and are completely opaque and creamy with a thinner texture.

• 5/28/13 16:34 the Muse:

they sound incred!

• 5/28/13 16:37 Tammie:

They really are~! My lips are pretty much chronically dry but I didn’t feel like these took away any moisture. They didn’t exactly add any either but not drying out my lips is good enough for me lol.

btw one of my favorite lip things right now are those Etude House stains in the tube you recommended recently. Choux whatever xD. Anyway I got 2 then immediately after trying them I had to order the other 2. The pink one stains my lips all day! It’s amazing! I love the moisture and the gloss when you put them on too. So great.

• 5/29/13 9:51 the Muse:

yay so glad you like those because they really have a killer formula ;-D

• 5/29/13 13:13 Tammie:

They are really amazing!!

• 5/29/13 13:18 the Muse:

yay! can’t wait!

• 7/22/13 13:04 kate:

do we have Rimmel Cosmetic in KL Malaysia? Im going to visit Malaysia soon so i wanna make sure that. Pls let me know or email me