Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick Lip Swatches

Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick

I gotta admit when I originally reviewed Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick I was disappointed I had so few colors to try out. Which is why I decided to do new swatches and lip swatches. At the time they were rather difficult to locate in stores but now you can find Color Whisper Lipstick at every single drugstore you stop at.

Good news there as of course, I picked up as many colors as I could during my trips to a variety of drugstores over the last few months.

One thing that disappointed me with Color Whisper was the shades lacked any deep colors. Did anyone notice they all seem to run a little lighter? I’d love something deeper.

But none the less they are still one of my favorite budget drugstore lipsticks!

Let’s take a look at some swatches!

I think there are mixed reviews when it comes to these. Some folks love them (hey, that’s me!) and some folks hate ‘em and others are just meh about them and weren’t totally impressed.

Personally I like the lovely texture. They have a soft, balm-y feel which is lightweight. They provide fairly nice opaque coverage that isn’t terribly harsh so it appears quite natural on lips. They wear very nicely for me and keep my lips quite moisturized through that wear. I honestly have no complaints and I do Muse Approved them because I just think they are a great no nonsense lip product that provides color, some moisture, and an easy to use formula!

Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick Swatches

Mocha Muse, Pin Up Peach, Orange Attitude, Made It Mauve, Who Wore It Red-er

Maybelline Color Whisper Lipsticks Swatches

Orange Attitude, Made It Mauve, Who Wore It Red-er

Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick Swatches on Arm

Mocha Muse, Pin Up Peach, Orange Attitude

I realize I’m not a great photographer but I hope some of these swatches help you choosing some new colors you might not have yet tried.

Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick Made It Mauve

Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick Pin Up Peach

Maybelline Pin Up Peach Color Whisper Lipstick

Pin Up Peach

Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick Who Wore It Red Er

Maybelline Who Wore It Red er Color Whisper Lipstick

Who Wore It Red-er

Do you own any of these shades?

Which Color Whisper colors are your fav?

Do share!

These are available now at drugstores!

musings approved

Disclosure:

This product was purchased
by the Muse for review purposes.
Read my full disclosure statement here.

• 6/5/13 19:44 Jane:

Have you ever tried taking close up pictures of just your lips? It often helps with seeing the color a little better (:

• 6/6/13 9:35 the Muse:

i have but they come out rather badly, guess it’s my lighting sorry Jane.

• 6/6/13 21:50 Jane:

Aww no worries! Your pictures are still beautiful!

• 6/7/13 10:20 the Muse:

thanks jane, they are ok, I’m def no photographer :)

• 6/5/13 19:50 Tanuja:

I love Color Whisper Lipsticks! Not sure if you’ve tried ‘Berry Ready’, but I find it to be quite pigmented and it shows up nicely on my lips. Plus, it leaves a nice stain after it fades.

• 6/6/13 9:34 the Muse:

I have that one too tanuja! couldn’t agree more very nice shade!

• 6/5/13 21:25 Kristen:

Thanks for the swatches =) I have been looking for a not so intense orange and red lippie. And “Orange Attitude” and “Who Wore It Red-er” look perfect. All of the shades look very lovely on you, too.

• 6/6/13 9:36 the Muse:

thanks kristen! you’ll be very happy with the orange one. orange is so hard to pull off but this is really easy and looks gorgeous!

• 6/5/13 23:22 Elena S:

I love them too. I heard complaints that they travel and form a ring around the inside of the mouth but I have not encountered this problem. I have sienna sands (mid tone peachy nude with gold shimmer but not griddy) this color reminds me of revlon lip butter peach parfait but honestly this is the only lip butter I dislike too griddy for my liking, could not wear it. This color whisper with shimmer is way more comfortable on the lips.

• 6/6/13 9:37 the Muse:

me either! they stay put well for me :-D

• 6/5/13 23:31 Marilyn @ Lipgloss+Spandex:

Those look pretty! Because of the name, I thought they’d be super sheer, but it’s nice to see that they have a good amount of color.

• 6/6/13 9:10 Icaria:

Oh those are lovely! I would totally go for Mocha Muse to keep in my purse, Pin up Peach looks pretty good too! :)

• 6/6/13 9:57 Eli:

Love theeese! <3

• 6/6/13 10:56 ChynnaBlue:

Pin Up Peach is one of my favorites. I’ll have to check out that Mocha Muse next.

• 6/6/13 11:24 Christina:

I hate these things. The color is either too sheer and thus non-existent on my lips (Pin Up Peach), or it morphs into another color entirely (Who Wore It Redd-er became the most unattractive shade of pink, while Orange Attitude turned an unflattering red). Returned all of the ones I still had the receipt for.

• 6/6/13 11:39 the Muse:

I can’t believe ;-D we almost always agree on everything! I love them ;-D

• 11/15/13 22:15 Brittnee:

I was googling swatches for these and this post came up. I have been wanting the red one but omg it turns SO pink! Really glad I browsed before shopping!

• 6/6/13 11:41 Heather:

I personally like the photography style on this site because while there are many , many sites that show a close up of lips- it’s nice to see how color looks in a more natural down to earth shot.

• 6/6/13 11:51 the Muse:

thanks heather! I’m no photographer that’s for sure :-D but I try to keep the photos consistent as possible :)

• 6/6/13 11:46 Paloma:

I love the mauve, orange and red :D

• 6/6/13 11:52 mayrei:

I love Made It Mauve and wear it all the time.

• 6/6/13 12:01 Christina:

It’s true, Muse, we usually have similar opinions and tastes! But that’s why I bought several of these lippies, based on your rave reviews, trying to see what all the excitement was about. It’s probably something to do with body chemistry that makes them turn all sorts of weird shades (or invisible) on me. The only one I still have is Rose of Attraction and it looks like a sheer lip balm on me. Sure, it’s moisturizing but I can buy a tinted lip balm for a lot less than these. After five tries with different shades, I am over these.

• 6/6/13 12:02 the Muse:

do you have pigmented lips? maybe that’s why? I’m really shocked…! you do like revlon lip butter though right?

• 6/6/13 13:07 Christina:

I love love love Revlon’s Lip Butters and have every shade! My lips are somewhat pigmented but not so much more than yours.

• 6/6/13 13:08 the Muse:

i’m shocked, my mission, since I choose to accept it, is to convert you to lip whisper ;D

• 6/6/13 13:41 Amanda:

I love Pin Up Peach & Orange Attitude. Have you tried Lust for Blush? I like that color a lot too- a nice everyday shade. I just bought Cherry on Top the other day (I’m obsessed with these lippies) and am really enjoying it. You should also check out On Size Fits Pearl (I think that’s what it’s called) it’s a really soft shade that I like to layer over other lipsticks to add some extra shine.

• 6/6/13 15:28 the Muse:

I have indeed amanda ;-D I don’t think I have the pearl one though….I’ll check that out not too mod right?

• 6/6/13 14:49 Sandra:

Made it Mauve is one of my new favorite lipsticks.

• 6/6/13 15:03 Elizabeth:

Have you tried Berry Ready? it’s gorgeous, and really pigmented

• 6/6/13 15:23 the Muse:

I have ;-D great shade!

• 6/6/13 17:27 Yelena:

mocha muse is perfection on you! (and i’m not saying that just bc of the name ;)

I tried one of the color whispers and it was so chalky and drying that I returned it (and I never return drug store products)

• 6/7/13 10:23 the Muse:

lol yelena my thoughts exactly ;-D awww so sorry to hear it :(

• 6/15/13 23:31 Melissa:

Ooooo I love Mocha Muse and Pin Up Peach! They look lovely on you!

• 6/17/13 9:15 the Muse:

aw thanks melissa!

• 7/26/13 16:11 mindless wiggles:

i just picked this up in the mauve shade today and it could almost be a dupe for nars dolce vita….dolce vita being just slightly more dusky/brown. i find the consistancies are similar too seeing as dolce vita is a sheer lipstick.

• 8/6/13 23:06 Cindy Hoaglund:

Mad for Magenta is a really fun color to wear. I keep in my purse and use it a lot. Summertime fun color that is surprisingly flattering on! I am 54 years old and think that these sheer colors are perfect for older women.