Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer Blemish Control for Fall 2013

Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer Blemish Control

Break out problems? No worries Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer has a new Blemish Control formula!

Smashbox Photo Finish is one of the first primers I ever tried and it was also one that irritated my skin all crazy like! To this day anytime I use it, it feels like a hundred ants are crawling under my skin!

Ugh!

I wonder of their new Blemish Control Primer might be a more fitting formula for those who suffer from acne and sensitivities with facial primers.

Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer Blemish Control ($42) treats breakouts as it primers with an oil-free formula that hydrates skin and preps it for makeup. The formula contains 2% salicylic acid to prevent and treat breakouts.

It’s available now for an early Fall release at www.smashbox.com

What do you think?

• 6/17/13 11:08 Joy:

One positive thing I can say is, umm I like the color? Salicylic acid is good for exfoliating inside pores (gentler than benzoyl peroxide, IMHO) but even with skin congestion problems to have 2% on your entire face for long periods of time can be wayyyy too drying. I had a spell of stress breakouts last year and used salicylic acid (in a face wash & a concealer). The result? I compromised my moisture barrier, which sensitized my skin. I’m now trying to rebuild it with massive hydration & surprise, surprise my oily T-zone is normalizing.

Are you gonna test it Musey? Take one for the team? JK! Don’t do it!!! I rely on your reviews but I’m concerned about what this will do to your (by your description) dry skin.

• 6/17/13 13:35 the Muse:

nope not for me Joy :) def can’t do it with my dry skin! I’ll be flaking all over the place and it would take weeks to get my skin back in shape :-D SA is murder for me :-D even in small amounts!

• 6/17/13 16:27 Joy:

Yup, not worth risking the potential damage, I agree :)

Smashbox was the first primer I tried. The memory of how the silicone felt on my skin is not a good one :(

• 6/17/13 16:36 the Muse:

lol ditto!!!!!!!!! I was so happy when they came out with the hydrating one but I find it very pricy :(

• 6/17/13 11:43 Hillarie:

I had pretty good luck with their Photo Finish “light” formula, so I just might try this out

• 6/17/13 12:37 Charlene:

Definitely will do resarch on this one and try to get a sample before i buy. I have the worst luck with primers they always break me out and clogged my pores. probably due to the silicon

• 6/17/13 14:06 K.B.:

The irony is that I’ve tried both the regular and the light versions of the Smashbox primer and it’s caused me to break out (which rarely happens). I know this is blemish-controlling, but I’m afraid to try it because of that. It looks pretty, though.

• 6/17/13 14:34 Janelle:

I like that it is green as it will neutralize redness in my face. I have been doing a lot of moistutre at night and my face seems to be getting better. I have problems with peeling as it is and I think the peeling is what is breaking me out (like the skin cells are clogging my pores). I think I will try a sample of this, but am thinking that it may be way too drying.

• 6/17/13 14:52 Kimberly:

Why doesn’t smashbox put ingredients on their site for new products like this?! So annoying for those of use with sensitive skin

• 6/17/13 20:07 Cindy Ramirez:

I’d be interested in trying this out. I’ve used their regular primer, and it just didn’t hold up for me. This being geared towards my skin type might work out better! yaaaay

• 6/18/13 1:01 Jade:

My first thought was “Leave salicylic acid on your face ALL DAY?? ALL OVER your face?!?!” This sounds like a horror story!