Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner for Fall 2013

Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner

Heads up MAC Technakohl lovers (that’d be me, I love Technakohls!)! Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner are on the rise for the Fall 2013 season.

Dude, they are SO not always sharp! Get out of the city. Seriously, mechanical pencils go dull too…for shame Smashbox!

But you had me at waterproof!

Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner ($20) is a new waterproof kohl eyeliner apparently shelf sharpens every time you remove the cap…ha? How? The barrel does look unusual now that I’m looking at….Maybe it isn’t your average everyday twist up design…

Interesting! The creamy formula promises an easy glide on the lash liner with a long wearing smudge proof formula.

Shades:

• Raven
  • French Navy
  • Violetta
  • Sumatra
  • Penny Lane
  • Storm
  • Cabana
  • Bare

They’ll be available in stores for Fall and have an early launch now online at smashbox.com

• 7/11/13 14:20 K.B.:

That peacock/cerulean/turquoise liner is gorgeous!

• 7/11/13 14:46 kamikity:

My guess is that the cap has an inner pencil-shape mold that when you close the pan with enough product out, the mold will compress the product into sharper point… That’s just my guess.

• 7/11/13 15:18 Sara:

I’d buy the color just for the name Penny Lane! I love the Beatles… and the Penny Lane shadow in my UD Vice palette is a fave of mine. Cabana is an amazing color tho! I love teals…

• 7/11/13 15:30 Mia:

It’s totally a lie- it’s just a sharpener on the cap- so you do have to do manually sharpen it, you just don’t have to go look for a sharpener. I was intrigued enough to check these out at Nordstrom and was so disappointed. And these are not twist-up mechanical pencils- you do need to sharpen them, and the sharpener doesn’t look very heavy duty.

• 7/11/13 15:37 the Muse:

aw man I thought it was some sort of cool device that when you slipped it inside the cap it would magically sharpen your next visit with it ;D

• 7/11/13 15:33 Mia:

oh duh, I’m remembering wrong- obviously from the photo these are mechanical, but the sharpener is in the cap, rather than pulled out from the bottom, as is the more typical design.

• 7/11/13 17:31 May:

The product itself sounds interesting but the packing just screams to me “YOURE STILL WASTING SOME PRODUCT”

Sometimes, I wish brands would just stop with the gimmicky “innovative” packaging.

• 7/11/13 17:46 Missmacbeauty:

the dark blue color looks beautiful!!!

• 7/12/13 8:07 Kathy:

Sephora has these available online. I’m going today and will check them out if they have them in the store. I have very oily lids and Smashbox pencils usually work very well for me.

• 7/12/13 8:46 JenJ:

Color me curious. But I seriously do not need anymore eyeliners! LOL!!!

• 7/13/13 22:35 nadia:

I work for Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada and we have these on the shelf. I have had four customers try to return them already because the packaging confuses them. It is quite unique however, I am sure that there is a lot of wastage. There is no way to twist up the pencil….. it’s weird and takes a bit of explaining to get the customer to understand. You can feel kind of a spring loaded action when you twist it shut, and something is shaving some off of the pencil every time.
    Make sense? Not really :p but they’re crazy waterproof!

• 7/17/13 14:23 Bora:

I have two of these to test and they do stay sharp! They have something inside the lid which presses them into shape when the lid is on and you twist the pencil. It’s not just a sharpener as there is no mess that collects and has to be emptied. I love it because I hate the waste that comes with sharpening pencils. The mechansism is different to other pencils. It’s not retractable, and to get more pencil to poke out you have to push the barrel down. It’s not a perfect design (I’d much prefer retractable, what happens if you push out too much!) but it’s at least true to the claims of staying sharp!

• 7/17/13 16:31 the Muse: