Victoria’s Secret the Nakeds Eye Palette Returns for Fall 2013

Victorias Secret The Nakeds Eye Kit Swatches 2

As you know Urban Decay has a trademark for their Naked Collection which includes a variety of products including a Naked Blush, Naked Beauty Balm, Naked Finishing Powder, and of course, the popular Naked Eyeshadow Palettes.

Earlier last year Victoria’s Secret launched their own variation of the Urban Decay Naked Palette in the form of something entitled the Naked Eye Palette which Urban Decay didn’t really love.

I didn’t really follow the law suit that was taken out against VS by UD but they must have won the case I assume as this year they launched a brand new variation of the Nakeds Eyes Palette.

Here’s a look!

Victorias Secret the Nakeds Eye Palette Fall 2013

Victoria’s Secret the Nakeds Eye Palette has gotten a revamp as you can see and includes nine shades of shadow grouped into three different eye looks. Each look consists of an eyeshadow to highlight your brow bone, add color to lid, and contrast within the crease! VS also includes a makeup lesson for each look and an Eyeshadow Primer.

The palette is $28 and available now at Victoria’s Secret and also online.

What do you think?

Did you like last year’s palette?

Will you purchase this years?

• 7/8/13 19:26 Trina:

I definitely will be buying this!! I actually really like VS eyeshadows, they are very soft and blendable and Ive never had creasing issues with them. Yup im excited haha : D I missed out on the previous one they launched.

• 7/8/13 19:56 Icequeen81:

Sounds like a something I can use good. and not here and there one thing. wonder how small it is, if is something you can carry in your bag

• 7/8/13 20:08 May:

I can definitely see the shape of the pans being a problem further down the road. Eh, I have to pass on this.

• 7/8/13 20:31 charlotte:

Actually UD sent VS a quite nasty “cease and desist letter”, and VS responded with a lawsuit since they are the trademark holders for “The Nakeds” since 2010 when their clothing line of that name was released while UD has never trademarked the word “naked” and therefore had zero right to gripe. Apparently they reached an agreement because I cannot find info on a ruling on the suit anywhere online and VS are still using their trademark. Basically UD tried to be a bully and got spanked.

I own the first palette, and it’s fine.. nothing mind blowing but a perfectly usable palette. I do think the packaging is inferior quality and it was overpriced.. but then most of the VS cosmetics are overpriced IMO. I will wait to see swatches on the new one but probably will not buy unless they are outstanding. I have so many similar shadows and I still think the price is too steep. If I got it on sale for $10-$15 I would be more inclined to buy.

• 7/9/13 7:38 femputer:

oh geez! didn’t UD try something similar with Revlon & got spanked then as well? hrmph!

• 7/9/13 9:21 amy:

Which is all the more amusing when you consider Ultima II, a subsidiary of Revlon, had a “Naked” line back in the 80s, long before UD even existed…

• 7/10/13 1:14 Jen:

It’s beyond me why people think you can copyright words and concepts that have been around forever! I mean, I know it’s technically possible, but really? Is it worth all that?

• 11/7/13 0:37 anonymous:

Okay so I’m super late but just found this page while looking up neutral palettes and I just have to say that the whole trying to trademark single words, bullying, and filing C&Ds sounds eerily similar to… dare I say it… Lime Crime’s drama lol!

• 7/8/13 21:22 Akasha:

Looks kind of just ok. For something called “Nakeds” the colors look far more for a smokey eye and evening looks than every day, naked type looks. Think I might just pass.

• 7/8/13 21:40 Cindy Ramirez:

The eyeshadow shapes really bother me! I know, I’m a weirdo but I feel like that would make for awkward application(depending on how big those are).

• 7/9/13 2:12 amy:

Am I the only one who remembers Ultima II and their “Naked” line, waaay back before Urban Decay was founded…? Perhaps Revlon will file suit against UD, LOL. These companies really need to step back a bit, before they open doors they can’t shut…

• 7/9/13 10:35 kimkats:

No, you’re not! I remember it well. Some of their products were actually pretty nice. :) It just sorta disappeared from stores gradually, like a vanishing Cheshire cat…. UD seems to be slow to pick up on the fact that it doesn’t own the rights to “naked” and frankly their attitude is starting to pi$$ me off. Not all that excited about the brand to begin with, but this doesn’t help any….

• 7/10/13 18:56 Teasha:

I remember it too. I remember playing with my moms. She was really upset when she couldn’t find a foundation she loved. It really did vanish. Wonder why?

• 7/9/13 4:54 anonymous:

The new size compared to the old size of the shadows pots leave something to be desired. For $28, I would wait until their semi-annual sale to even purchase this, if I even want to purchase it.

• 7/9/13 10:50 kimkats:

Just cuz I can and cuz I’m nosy, I looked up the VS vs UD case, on April 3, 2013 there was a stipulated dismissal entered by both parties, each to bear their own costs. I note that it was dismissed “without prejudice” meaning that it can be brought again if need be. :)

• 7/9/13 17:11 charlotte:

Thanks for that! I’m curious by nature and it drives me nuts when I can’t find out how something ended up, lol.

• 7/9/13 12:32 Stephanie A.:

I would love to see swatches of this palette! But it’s definitely something on a maybe buy list for me since it’s pretty cute hahahaha.

• 7/11/13 22:47 Megan:

I hate that everything is laid out so that certain shades are “supposed” to go with certain shades. Obviously, you could branch out but it looks like you’d be getting more of one than the other.
    I also might be biased because I’m really enjoying my Naked 2 palette.

• 8/22/13 10:18 Samantha:

I have the original “The Nakeds” by Victoria Secret from 2012 and it had 10 shadows in square pots that took up 2/3 of the packaging. It also came with a black pencil eyeliner and dual sided eyeshadow brush. I use the palette often. I never really cared for the palettes that have odd or eye shaped pots. I think it limits women from doing different color combinations.