NARS Adult Content & Killing Me Softly Blush Palettes for Fall 2013

NARS Foreplay Cheek Palette

Remember my fiasco with NARS Foreplay Blush Palette? I surely hope the NARS Adult Content & Killing Me Softly Blush Palettes prove a better experience kids!

These palettes contain four shades of NARS Blush that you can mix, match, or use individually.

Take a peek!

I’ve never used multiple shades of blush in all honesty but if you’re a makeup artist you have to given your face more depth and dimension. The new NARS Blush Palettes in Adult Content and Zen take that idea and feature four best selling shades combined into a single palette to sculpt, highlight, and define face.

NARS Adult Content Blush Palette:

• Zen (natural beige)
  • Miss Liberty (soft, shimmering peace)
  • Deep Throat (flirty sheer peach)
  • Desire (cotton candy pink)

NARS Adult Content Blush Palette

NARS Killing Me Softly Blush Palette:

• Gilda (perfect coral with hints of red)
  • Albatross (luminous glow)
  • Orgasm (peachy golden pink)
  • Outlaw (soft rose tone with golden shimmer)

NARS Killing Me Softly Blush Palette

These will launch September 1 at department and specialty stores, NARS boutiques, and narscosmetics.com for a limited time at the price of $49 each.

• 8/15/13 13:11 Sara Elisabeth:

Ooooo! I want both. The only Nars blush I have is Orgasm. These would be great values for me.

• 8/15/13 13:20 Sara Elisabeth:

Oh man, I just read your review on the Nars Foreplay palette. Sucky! These look like the same size wells.

• 8/15/13 13:21 the Muse:

le sigh yeah I had issues with it big time…! I believe these have the same design!

• 8/15/13 13:25 Michelle:

I want these SO bad and yet, the Foreplay palette was horrendous for its design. Will debate for a bit on picking these up or not. I wish Nars would realize that the size of this packaging is really a downer for a product that is so expensive.

• 8/15/13 15:47 yelena:

agreed. for the size of it I rather have 4 – 6 small blushes of different colors so I have a greater color selection. I loved foreplay but only use the 2 matte shades not the orgasm or highlighter shade.

killing me softly looks amazing!

• 8/15/13 13:27 Simone:

Darn! Ill wait for review. Killing me softly is singing to me!!

• 8/15/13 13:50 Kimmwc03:

Singing to me! :) As soon as I read the title the Fugees version of that song came in to my head. LOL.

• 8/15/13 14:03 the Muse:

lol! me too!

• 8/15/13 18:37 Caroline:

So is the idea here the same as the Foreplay palette in that the smaller 3 shades are supposed to “add up” to be roughly the same as the largest shade? I think that’s kind of a weird idea. LOL

• 8/15/13 19:14 jenn:

adult content looks great!!!

• 8/19/13 15:38 anne:

I got really excited until i saw one of them have orgasm in it. I really wish they would stop including it in everything. And then i have a desire/laguna duo so i won’t be using the other one. I bought foreplay but i don’t really like orgasm on its own so i always mixed it with the other two. and i never used that yellow highlighter ugh.

• 9/23/13 19:21 Lacy:

I just picked up the Nars Adult Content, it is the same size as Foreplay and I could see and agree with Muse on it being somewhat cumbersome with the smaller wells of color but I will find a way to make it work because I love the colors so much. Im also a newbie to the Nars world and this has 3 colors Ive been wanting to try so I think its a good purchase to try new shades. Had it had Gaiety over Desire Id have died and gone to heaven. :)

• 9/24/13 16:09 the Muse:

welcome to nars lacy :-D they make damn great blushes that’s for sure! Glad you’re enjoying the foreplay palette :-D

• 9/23/13 19:51 Lacy:

Muse, have you heard or seen any buzz on the upcoming collection for the holiday thats in collaboration with Guy Bourdin? Looks like theyll be realeasing a big blush palette withvwhat looks like 6 full size blushes, 3 of which are new/ limited edition colors. Is there a way to upload photos to show you?

• 9/24/13 9:26 the Muse:

it’s out on oct 15th but I can’t share more deets yet unfortunately :( they are having some sort of sneak peek unveil on snapchat I believe that’s happening this week or today maybe? check FB and twitter :)

• 9/24/13 13:39 Lacy:

Gah!! We NEED IT! I’ve seen a picture on twitter – Do you know if it’ll be available at Sephora by chance?! Also, my Tablet was acting funny, so not sure if my post didn’t go through but I also commented on the Nars Adult Content – it’s the same set up as foreplay and I can agree with your frustration of the smaller wells of color being cumbersome when trying to use them with a blush brush, but I absolutely LOVE the palette and it works well with fair skin. I also think it’s a great buy because I’ve been wanting to try 3 of the shades included in it, Zen, Miss Liberty and Deep Throat – Desire is a bit intimidating but with a light hand gives that perfect flushed doll like look :)

@ Anne – I totally agree with the Orgasm issue, I think they overuse it when constantly including it in a majority of their sets, I get it’s the #1 seller but not for all of us, I personally don’t back the hype on it anyway. I just got the Adult Content palette and the Deep Throat is way more my style.

• 9/25/13 16:14 the Muse:

not at sephora unfortunately :( this went through a ok I’m just slow approving comments sorry :-D