Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) Moderncraft for Fall 2013

OCC Moderncraft Fall 2013

I’m quite excited to share the news of the new Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Fall 2013 Colour Collection with you today that’s launching tomorrow. They’ll be six new shades of Lip Tarts and six new Nail Lacquers as well.

Take a look!

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics OCC Moderncraft for Fall 2013

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Moderncraft

The Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) Moderncraft for Fall 2013 is inspired by 1920’s Berlin and used cabaret performer, Calpernia Addams, as the face for this vintage yet modern selection of rich shades.

Moderncraft will unveil on August 27th with six new OCC Lip Tar shades in matte, metallic, and stained gloss finishes. As well as six new nail lacquers shades.

Moderncraft Lip Tars:

• Role Play (Deep Maroon with Red Pearl) (Metallic)
  • Anita (Browned Burgundy) (Matte)
  • Black Metal Dahlia (Blackened Burgundy with Red Pearl) (Metallic)
  • Dekadent (Translucent Crushed Blueberry) (Stained Gloss)
  • Sebastian (Plum-Toned Taupe) (Matte)
  • Mein Herr (Crème Fraiche Beige) (Stained Gloss)

Moderncraft Nail Lacquer:

• Man by Man (Pearlescent Teal Green) (Metallic)
  • Lustgarten (Warm Red Metallic) (Metallic)
  • Sebastian (Plum-Toned Taupe (Metallic)
  • Black Metal Dahlia (Deep Maroon with Red Pearl) (Metallic)
  • Mein Herr (Crème Fraiche Beige (Satin)
  • Isherwood (Metallic Tobacco Ebony) (Metallic)

OCC Moderncraft Nail Lacquer

Moderncraft Lip Tars will launch August 27, 2013 on Sephora.com for $18 and in select Sephora stores and occmakeup.com on September 6, 2013. Nail Lacquers will be available September 6, 2013.

What are your thoughts on this dramatic collection?

• 8/26/13 14:07 Cindy Ramirez:

These colors are totally on trend and fall colors, I love them! The Matte and Gloss shades are lovely.

Unfortunately OCC Lip Tars dry my lips out like crazy, and tend to fade on me after only a couple hours. Ladies, if you have any tips or tricks to prolong the wear of these please share! I feel like I’ve tried everything. :[ I still have hope!

• 8/26/13 17:48 Ruth:

Cindy-if I plan to wear an OCC lip tar, before applying any of my makeup is put on a light coat of balm, this way it has some time to absorb into my lips. put on my war paint and them do the lips as my final step. that’s the only way that I’ve found that they don’t dry my lips out.

• 8/26/13 20:59 Cindy Ramirez:

That is typically what I do, I use some sort of hydrating balm, but I wipe off any remainder before applying the lip tar. I’m always worried about the balm being counter productive to the lip tar. Do you leave yours on?

• 8/29/13 16:31 Ruth:

I do! I’ve used the Fresh balm, EOS and one from Lush and just put the lip tar right over it. I haven’t had any problems with the tar migrating outside of my lips.

• 8/28/13 8:43 Jade:

I haven’t personally tried it, but I’ve heard that using their clear liptar as a primer makes a big difference.

• 8/26/13 17:47 AnniLau:

Those advertising images do not make me want to buy anything. The model with the dark bob especially…she looks like she’s about to remove her face, like a mask.

• 8/27/13 4:57 Angel:

LOL! I agree. I love me some dramatic makeup, but these pics are a bit frightening to me. More like a Halloween horror show.

• 8/26/13 19:57 Icequeen81:

Role Play (Deep Maroon with Red Pearl) (Metallic)
    Anita (Browned Burgundy) (Matte),Dekadent (Translucent Crushed Blueberry) (Stained Gloss)
    Sebastian (Plum-Toned Taupe) (Matte)

those look interesting to me

• 8/27/13 0:18 Dusty:

Okay so grrrl… you know about me and Lip Tars… but I was all SQUEE to see Calpurnia being used in the promos for these. Adore her!! ADORE I SAY!! ;)

• 8/27/13 8:32 the Muse:

same issues I have booooo! but I agree I love the promos! LOVE!

• 8/27/13 1:05 dia:

I love it! Of course, I *am* obsessed with Cabaret, so this is all right up my alley. Those nails are totally a modern Sally Bowles.

Calpernia is gorgeous. Lee Pace’s first film role was playing her in Soldier’s Girl!

• 8/27/13 1:42 Katie T.:

Oh man, I’m all for artistry, but those ads are nothing short of hideous.

• 8/27/13 12:19 Cindy Ramirez:

Aww :'[ I really like them! I like the darkness of the images! But this is coming from the girl who wears Nightmoth as a lipstick in the middle of summer hehehe :B

• 8/27/13 14:53 Majick:

THanks Cindy Ramirez, I had to google Nightmoth cause I liked the name. Now I like the color too! ha ha, I”m never safe when I read the posts.

• 8/27/13 14:44 Majick:

I really like the images, I think they show the FALL color selection in all their glory. Would I wear my makeup the exact same way? Doubtful, this is advertising, same as I wouldn’t wear the exact same fashions that walk down the runway.
    It’s imnportant to understand that the runway and advertising are selling an idea not an EXACT look. THings are always a little tamer in real life or you would look pretty idiotic. JMO (I will say if you’re a young person who goes to clubs etc. HAVE AT IT! It’s all good! LOL

• 8/27/13 17:40 zg:

DROOLING OVER THE FALL COLLECTION – I NEED A BIB!!

• 8/31/13 21:52 Ashley:

Never bought this brand before, have seen it at Sephora though. This advertising reminds me of the new movie: The Great Gatsby. Just watched it this afternoon, was ok, some pretty inspirational costumes and makeup ideas though!