E.LF. Essential Glitter Primer Duping Too Faced?

E.LF . Essential Glitter Primer

Meet the new E.L.F. Essential Glitter Primer ($2) a potential dupe for Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue Eye Shadow Primer? Maybe…would kinda be cool if it was as Too Faced charges $20 bucks for their version!

E.LF. Essential Glitter Primer is supposedly a lightweight liquid (looks more like an eye cream) that absorbs quickly and creates a crease-proof barrier between skin and glittery eyeshadow so it stays put without creasing or fading.

E.LF . Glitter Primer

This little guys is available now at www.eyeslipsface.com

Do you think it’ll work?

And do YOU need it for your glitter shadows?

• 9/10/13 19:24 Kimryan8:

I’ll start off by saying Elf is crap. I’ve never liked anything except a couple of brushes ’cause they are cheap. I like their foundation brush because its so cheap you can throw it away after a couple months when it gets gross.

But, for glitter glue, I usually put my UDPP first, then eyeshadow, then I use the Too Faced Glitter Glue patted in the corners over that. I’d actually buy and try this because I would be using it over the UDPP and initial eyeshadow. Hmmm. Maybe I’ll try this.

• 9/11/13 10:08 the Muse:

elf is hit and miss! found some great stuff but a majority is def a miss in most cases :( really depends!

• 10/6/13 13:55 carla:

Eu amo a Elf. Apesar de morar no Brasil e ter por aqui, sempre dou um jeitinho de comprar online. Amo amo a ELF

• 9/11/13 0:35 Shea:

Looks pretty interesting. I might have to try it to see how well it’ll help my glittery eyeshadows. Their normal eye primer works really well for me, I was so happy about it.

• 9/11/13 2:09 Maggie:

That’s intriguing. Just like with anything else I’d put on my face, I’d like someone else to try first.

Question: does the TFSI glitter glue work?

• 9/11/13 10:10 Ruth:

TFSI glitter glue works great! I used it for loose shadows and the return of sexy pallet

• 9/11/13 7:04 cilla:

I’ll stick to my pixie epoxy methinks :P

• 9/11/13 9:30 Melissa:

Same here! This seems to be more of an attempt to copy Fyrinnae Pixi Epoxy than it does a regular primer. TOTALLY different formulas/applications. :)

• 9/11/13 12:40 Claudia:

I will have to try. I love my fyrinnae pixi epoxy. Also have used Too Faced glitter primer.

• 9/11/13 20:28 Marielen:

Looking at the ingredients, this is basically a moisturizer that might be slightly sticky. I don’t think it’ll hold onto glitter any better than just primer.

I really want to get pixi epoxy, but in the meantime I’m using a wee bit of eyelash glue with the glitter patted on top. Works like a charm, doesn’t come off until you want it too.